• I wasn't going, but the pricing has made me a 'yes'

Votes: 37 10.7%
  • I'm not going. Bah humbug.

Votes: 54 15.6%

• Total voters

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
My train ticket will cost me no more to get to Falmer than it does to Brighton, not that I would have been moaning anyway. I choose to go because I enjoy the day out.

I really can't think of any genuine reasons why anybody can moan about the pricing for this match. If you're moaning you're either taking the piss or are looking for things to moan about.

If you don't like it, don't go.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
My train ticket will cost me no more to get to Falmer than it does to Brighton, not that I would have been moaning anyway. I choose to go because I enjoy the day out.

I really can't think of any genuine reasons why anybody can moan about the pricing for this match. If you're moaning you're either taking the piss or are looking for things to moan about.

If you don't like it, don't go.

Welcome to NSC!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The sort of people who are moaning about this will moan about anything. They will never be happy with their life and will always find someone else to blame for it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just logged on to buy Reading tickets. The site will let me buy my own seat as a STH, but we want to try sitting somewhere else. The club press release suggested that this should be possible from this morning for STHs, but when I try to do that the site says 'sold out'. Any ideas, before I sit in a phone queue for the ticket office?

Likewise, but I bought them anyway and will try and change them later. Will then no doubt be asked for a fee to move them and I'll politely point out that 'the computer said no!'

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
From the website.

ON SALE DATES

Thursday 12th December: 9am:Season-ticket holders and half-season ticket holders online only
Thursday 12th December: 12pm:Season-ticket holders and half-season ticket holders via all other methods
Monday 16th December: 9am:Season-ticket holders seats are released for general sale
Tuesday 17th December: 9am:Bronze members on sale via all methods
Tuesday 17th December: 12pm:Blue and Young Seagull Plus members on sale via all methods
Thursday 19th December: 9am:General sale online only
Thursday 19th December: 12pm:General sale via all other methods

Season ticket seats released for general sale on monday. Buy your own until then.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
From the website.

ON SALE DATES

Thursday 12th December: 9am:Season-ticket holders and half-season ticket holders online only
Thursday 12th December: 12pm:Season-ticket holders and half-season ticket holders via all other methods
Monday 16th December: 9am:Season-ticket holders seats are released for general sale
Tuesday 17th December: 12pm:Blue and Young Seagull Plus members on sale via all methods

Season ticket seats released for general sale on monday. Buy your own until then.

That's how I read it. STH's wanting their own seat have from now until Monday at 09.00 to purchase their own seat. Then STH's who haven't bought their own seat basically have 24hrs to buy alternative seats until they're then released to Bronze, Blue and Young Seagulls on Tuesday, then general sale next Thursday.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
That's how I read it. STH's wanting their own seat have from now until Monday at 09.00 to purchase their own seat. Then STH's who haven't bought their own seat basically have 24hrs to buy alternative seats until they're then released to Bronze, Blue and Young Seagulls on Tuesday, then general sale next Thursday.

No, I checked with the ticket office, and got a very different interpretation - the bloke said that the Monday 9.00 deadline is the point at which STHs stop getting the option on their own seats. Those seats are then available to bronze, blue etc on Tuesday. I asked him when STHs got the option to buy other seats than their own and he said they had to wait until general sale on Thursday same as anyone else. I asked whether he was saying that STHs had no advantage over the general public when it came to buying a seat other than their own, and he said, yes that's right.
So, if you want to shift seats it seems that you either buy your own seats, and then opt to change them subsequently (paying the admin fee) or you just wait until Thursday and take pot luck with Joe public.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
From the website.

ON SALE DATES

The wording has now been subtly changed to make it clear that STHs cannot buy tickets other than their own until Thursday 19th.

ON SALE DATES

Monday 16th December: 9am:Deadline for season-ticket holders to secure their own seat.

All supporters are reminded that the quickest and simplest way to buy

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/affordable-fa-cup-football-1227354.aspx#1yDHWujBqMg34PRD.99

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Just bought 3 all in my name :-O and no booking fee :-O

I take it all back, I can now buy where I want in the stadium!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Just logged on to buy Reading tickets. The site will let me buy my own seat as a STH, but we want to try sitting somewhere else. The club press release suggested that this should be possible from this morning for STHs, but when I try to do that the site says 'sold out'. Any ideas, before I sit in a phone queue for the ticket office?

When I did it online I removed my ST seat and then it came up with the option to buy in other areas and that is what I did. Try removing your reserved seat first.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
STHs can buy any available seats, further seats will become available on Monday, which will be STHs seats which havent been bought.

My auto-cup payment hasnt gone through yet, think i may well be contacting the ticket office shortly !!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When I did it online I removed my ST seat and then it came up with the option to buy in other areas and that is what I did. Try removing your reserved seat first.
I didn't even have to do that.

I just viewed the stadium, clicked on the seats I wanted, went to buy, clicked off our ST seats, updated and bingo.
The Stat's are going from just above pitch level in the East to row X in the WSU, nosebleedtastic.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I didn't even have to do that.

I just viewed the stadium, clicked on the seats I wanted, went to buy, clicked off our ST seats, updated and bingo.
The Stat's are going from just above pitch level in the East to row X in the WSU, nosebleedtastic.

I almost inadvertently paid for 6 tickets instead of two. It's worth checking as I was a little surprised my four season ticket seats were automatically placed in the basket.

And like Stat Brother, we are being promoted from the lower east to upper west. Can't wait.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Its very much a zzzz of a tie obviously, but it could end up being a cracking match, hopefully with both teams just going for it being as a replay is the probably last thing either club would want.

And at those prices, frankly it would be downright rude not to go. I'm going to see if I can't snaffle me a ticket amongst the JCL's of the ESU, being as I've not tried it over there yet. Theres always plenty of space up there anyway as half the STH's don't turn up, so should be easy enough.

We're not all JCL's up here you know. Some of us were asked to transfer from the East Lower last year (can't for the life of me remember why!!??) and I've been going since I was a nipper at The Goldstone.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Can we buy as many as we like under one name? I bought all 3 under my name and managed to get seats further up the north so I can stand up. This is brilliant, 10 quid and no hidden booking fees or anything. It all seems to good to be true

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
So can someone tell me please....

I have 2 x STs, but want to bring a couple of others, and for us all to sit together.

When can I buy my 4 x tickets?

Thanks

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
So can someone tell me please....

I have 2 x STs, but want to bring a couple of others, and for us all to sit together.

When can I buy my 4 x tickets?

Thanks

I bought three today using my season ticket account. What I did was delete my reservation in the west stand. The went to the seat plan part, select 3 seats in the north and payed for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here