The post-Barnsley Barnes-haters thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
I still don't rate him!! 2 goals against a very poor side that belong in league 1 does not make him a good player!!! Even CMS got 2 today! Take away Barnes penalties last season and what did he actually contribute? Not good enough and far to inconsistent!

My opinion and I will stick with it! Just like I don't think we're a top 6 side yet either and won't be getting carried away!!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Stupid thread, nobody wants Barnes to fail. I for one am delighted that he has done well again.
Nothing to be gained by being all smug and pretending you are a better supporter than anyone else.
Have any of you ever had a pop at a player that you think has under performed? Crofts? Harley? Dicker?

But that's just it, some people actually DO want him to fail - just so they can back-up their prejudiced view of him (or A N Other player). It's a sad state of affairs, but there you go. Some people evidently ain't happy unless they're unhappy about someone. I say f*** 'em. :thumbsup:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I still don't rate him!! 2 goals against a very poor side that belong in league 1 does not make him a good player!!! Even CMS got 2 today! Take away Barnes penalties last season and what did he actually contribute? Not good enough and far to inconsistent!

My opinion and I will stick with it! Just like I don't think we're a top 6 side yet either and won't be getting carried away!!!

Thats a ridiculous attitude. So basically, once you form your opinions, thats it? Nomatter how overwhelming the evidence against? I admire your conviction if nothing else I guess...

By the way, take away, Shearer's penalties and he isn't the Premier league's top ever scorer... I wonder if they count in goals scored stats or contribute to results in any way?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll counter that with:

He's a consistent performer who on his day is an excellent champsionship striker, but when playing badly is a just as poor as anyone else. He rarely shows up when the team are playing badly, like many of our players and away from home looks more comforatable than most. He is an excellent instinctive finisher, has decent pace and technical ability which he demonstrates when being moved out to the wing. Stick him up top with a partner i'm sure his performances would be even better. I'd also like to add he has got even better since January last year and has a comparitively excellent development rate.

Excellent post and I'll warrant over half of the other Championship teams would sign him from us if they could.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Do you measure every player by goals alone? How about, see how many set pieces he wins for us, how good his work rate is and how much he is prepared to come back and defend if need be. Clueless opinion

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Like I said its my opinion and it's valid by me watching him week in week out! There are far better players than Barnes in the championship and his inclusion in the team gives the team a slightly unbalanced look! Hence why we always play with one natural winger! I suggested you start opening your eyes and watch how much possession he gives away, against better sides he is a liability and we will get punished.

Just my honest opinion! If you don't agree that's fine but justify your argument rather than slating my opinion!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ashley Barnes was quality today absolute quality get off his back ya bloody miserable lunatics !!

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Like I said its my opinion and it's valid by me watching him week in week out! There are far better players than Barnes in the championship and his inclusion in the team gives the team a slightly unbalanced look! Hence why we always play with one natural winger! I suggested you start opening your eyes and watch how much possession he gives away, against better sides he is a liability and we will get punished.

Just my honest opinion! If you don't agree that's fine but justify your argument rather than slating my opinion!

Are you named after a term (used in the Scottish kilt hire industry) for dried semen on a returned hire kilt? Apparently it's a contraction of the words "spunk badge". If so, it would explain a lot.

Last edited:

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
I never said there was anything wrong with his performance today (except the petulant tackle that he got booked for).

But he is not good enough for a team looking to get in the premiership. Neither is dicker.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Are you named after a term (used in the Scottish kilt hire industry) for dried semen on a returned hire kilt. Apparently it's a contraction of the words "spunk badge". If so, it would explain a lot.

Are you named after the female genitals cause that's what my daughter calls her's mr twinkle!!!

C u next Tuesday! ;)

Jul 26, 2004
Next Door
I stil cant work out why he hasnt got a hat trick. My view is from back of the North Stand, but for me Barnsey scored 3 and if CMS hadnt bundled one in would have got 4.

I love Barnesy. Top player.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Yes. Poor old blinkered Poyet

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It doesn't matter what Barnes does, or how well he does it, he'll get a slagging. C'est la vie.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Ashley Barnes is a credit and asset to our football club.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Are you named after the female genitals cause that's what my daughter calls her's mr twinkle!!!

C u next Tuesday! ;)

Who the Hell's this Mr Twinkle you speak of? And why does your Daughter refer to her genitals by including the word 'Toes'? Have you been teaching her all you know about anatomy, because if not I'd suggest somebody takes her to get checked out ASAP.

Poor Retort Ignoring Common Knowledge. :wave:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I still don't rate him!! 2 goals against a very poor side that belong in league 1 does not make him a good player!!! Even CMS got 2 today!

:facepalm:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

C u next Tuesday! ;)

Twinkle Toes question was great, your retort, (like your opinion) was pathetic enough to answer her in the affirmative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports