[Albion] The "Out in Marseille and this may help someone" thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree with this!
There was a disappointing lack of photos/videos before/during/after the aek athens game. I'm hoping we'll get more for this game.

Share the excitement/fun traveling NSCers!
Sorry, this was the only one I took all evening.

Attachments

• First UEFA cup game against AEK Athens.jpg
    First UEFA cup game against AEK Athens.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 83

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Enjoy your retirement and don't allow yourself to feel too bitter towards your former employer.
I'm sure they do more good than bad in tough conditions with the severe budget restraints.
There are a few bad eggs in all organisations. We need to place our faith in the new generation of police and hope they know right from wrong and are brave enough and allowed to speak up when in the job.
I'm not really that bitter tbh just voicing an informed opinion after seeing it all happen over 21 years from the inside. A few bad eggs has turned into trays of bad eggs and unfortunately the police's insistence on recruiting only graduates or young people with a higher education or willing to study for the police equivalent has led us to have an entire generation of cops often lacking the basic skills to do the job effectively and little to no experience on the front line. I have posed the question to higher ranks of where is the evidence or research that tells us this recruitment approach provides a better more professional workforce alas it doesn't exist. I could go on and detail countless examples of corruption, bullying, misogyny, lying, closing of ranks etc but frankly I'm done with it now and its no longer my problem. Besides I have a European tour to go on!

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
Good to know. We're due back at MRS Airport very early Friday morning for our 05:50 flight home. Noticed the bus starts running from 03:30 so we're weighing up doing that vs jumping in an Uber.
I only waited 5 minutes for it, very good service. The airport is very small, from leaving the plane I was on the bus within 10 minutes.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
My son and I are also on this flight. How are you getting across to Marseille from Nice? We are booked on the 11.32 direct train from St Augustin station.
I'm on the 8.45 from Nice Ville on Thursday morning. If anyone in Nice wants to meet up for a drink watching the CL games let me know.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Anyone arrived via St Charles bus station yet? Is it a bus, train or Uber ride to Pl de la Joliette?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Are Ubers allowed to pick up from the airport or do you have to get one off the rank?

If the former how much is an Uber into town? If the latter how much is one off the rank?

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Not Marseille exactly, but Nice. Allow much more time to get to the airport from the city than you'd ever imagine, especially if you're flying back on the Friday afternoon/evening. Although you can practically see the airport from the promenade, the traffic can grind to a horrible halt, so much so that you'd be practically better off just walking there
Tram line runs a fair bit quicker from when I’ve been there than a taxi ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Pro tip for all the people talking about Uber. Download 'bolt' and 'free now' as well. Can be vastly different prices between them at times. I got quoted 50 euros cheaper on bolt from Cannes to st Tropez in the summer.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I hope this doesn't help anyone (in that I hope nobody ends up needing this kind of help) but I see that there's a British Consulate in Marseille at 10 Place de la Joliette so that's (a) easy to remember and (b) handy.
Also I work in medical assistance for travel insurance.

If anybody needs any medical assistance then European Hospital Marseille is the best option.

If you have an EHIC/GHIC then treatment is covered for 80% of costs, the rest travel insurance helps with.

If you don't have an EHIC then you can get a replacement one online.

If anyone needs help message me

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Sorry, but this post makes us so tinpot...............the majority of you are people of the world, just because we're going to the hotbed of one of the most volatile stadiums in Europe..... I speak from experience, take notice from of the advice given.....................does our PC Darren Balkham speak French ?..............

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Sorry, but this post makes us so tinpot...............the majority of you are people of the world, just because we're going to the hotbed of one of the most volatile stadiums in Europe..... I speak from experience, take notice from of the advice given.....................does our PC Darren Balkham speak French ?..............
Eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports