Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Out in Marseille and this may help someone" thread

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I leave in less than 24h - via Galway, Dublin, Paris-Beauvais arriving in Marseille on Thursday morning. Back via Marseille, Shannon, Galway Fri day evening/Saturday morning. Getting exciting!
That is one hell of a trek. Assume train from Galway to Dublin?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A work colleague is in Marseille working at the stadium. He said to me yesterday it's chaos. Asahi are sponsoring the rugby and so our equipment is installed in every bar. For the football Heineken are the supplier so all the equipment has to be removed theirs put back in. Then at the end of the game our stuff put back in.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How's the weather in Marseille currently??

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Starting my journey now.

Chichester to Seaford by train, spend the night with family before heading up for my flight from Gatwick, 06:15 to Nice.

Day in Nice to enjoy before heading to Marseille on Thursday morning.

All starting to set in now. Surreal.
6 of us on the same flight. 3 dad's, 3 sons. Can't wait.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Can you remember the name?

Assuming it is the same one, I ate there about 25 years ago and tried to find it online when planning for my recent trip for the rugby match against Argentina to no avail.
O canard laqué - doesn’t look much on the outside but really good food - we went there before the Scotland - SA game

GeorgeKane5

Jun 7, 2017
Bus to Charles station is nice and easy, ticket office opposite terminal 1, 16 euro return. Airport is very small for such a big city
Good to know. We're due back at MRS Airport very early Friday morning for our 05:50 flight home. Noticed the bus starts running from 03:30 so we're weighing up doing that vs jumping in an Uber.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Little celebratory bilingual dub poetry gig alongside a French poet tomorrow night at L’Intermédiare, a friendly indie bar with good beer. Free in, all welcome, bit of a Withdean soundtrack too. And I’ll be doing a dub version of ‘Goldstone Ghosts’ and ‘From Hereford To Here’. :)

I am so happy we have made it this far!

Attachments

• IMG_5452.jpeg
    IMG_5452.jpeg
    600.2 KB · Views: 68

charlievirgo

Sep 15, 2023
Good to know. We're due back at MRS Airport very early Friday morning for our 05:50 flight home. Noticed the bus starts running from 03:30 so we're weighing up doing that vs jumping in an Uber.
Also on this flight, I will be getting an uber from the port area. Aiming to get to the airport for 4.30am.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Is that back to Stansted? If so we are on that, and I think I’m going for an Uber that early in the morning as still think I might be a bit fuzzy.

Jul 7, 2003
A work colleague is in Marseille working at the stadium. He said to me yesterday it's chaos. Asahi are sponsoring the rugby and so our equipment is installed in every bar. For the football Heineken are the supplier so all the equipment has to be removed theirs put back in. Then at the end of the game our stuff put back in.
Should save the effort and just change labels - most people won't notice the difference anyway ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here