Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Old Boy At The Goldstone?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Chances are you will also remember another guy called Glen (better not say his second name to respect his privacy) from the same era. Absolute nutter who used to start many of the chants in the North Stand. Skinny with wild scraggly hair and glasses. He was in my class at Kings Manor School, Shoreham. He once told me he suffered brain damage at school due his father shutting him in a washing machine at an early age. He was about 18 years of age at that time. Got arrested for stealing drugs from a chemist. Also a regular at away games. Anybody remember him.

Used to see him at alot of northern away games in the late 80s and early 90s if the same guy,looked like he may have had false teeth.If him he is in one of the photos at the last game at the Goldstone, when the crowed are in front of the west stand singing (and smashing it up....me :thumbsup:)

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Taybha,
Yes that's definately Glen in your photo. His clothes were always immaculately clean, but soaking wet. Always smelt of soap powder.

Psychobilly,
Not sure about the false teeth, but you may well be correct. I actually have a BHA annual circa late 70's with a black and white photo of him on the inside cover running behind the double decker bus bus carrying the players along the seafront after we won promotion. I will scan it and post it on here when I find it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here