Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Old Boy At The Goldstone?

Skinthead

Jul 26, 2004
There Abouts
Whilst my mind went back to the good old days at the Goldstone in the mid to late 70s, I remembered an old boy who was always in the North Stand permantly pissed! Decked out in his Brighton Cap and Scarfe and singing Albion songs which normally no one could understand?. He probably was in his sixties then!! so im sure he has probably snuffed it now? I have seem to remember his name was Frank? (not sure though) or maybe thats just what we called him.
Can anyone cast any info?:shrug:

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
His greatest day out was going around the circle line all day, when the Albion were at Orient in 1979 (3-3), absolkutely bloody hilarious. I was also stuck next to him in the seats at Cardiff a few weeks later, bloody nutter, but very funny.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
we lost 3-1, went on the seagull special, which let us off at Ninian park station. Must have been mad, i seem to rember bricks were thrown, but Chris was his normal mental self. Wore a coke can ring pull across his nose and was at regular away matches. Great days

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Chances are you will also remember another guy called Glen (better not say his second name to respect his privacy) from the same era. Absolute nutter who used to start many of the chants in the North Stand. Skinny with wild scraggly hair and glasses. He was in my class at Kings Manor School, Shoreham. He once told me he suffered brain damage at school due his father shutting him in a washing machine at an early age. He was about 18 years of age at that time. Got arrested for stealing drugs from a chemist. Also a regular at away games. Anybody remember him.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That brings it all back now! "Do you think im sexy" Thats def him! Thanks Poskett!
and on his hat one of the players was "Sexy Malcolm Poskett"....!!! Legend.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Remember after the Seagulls Special had been bricked leaving Sheffield ( late 70s) Chris getting banned from future train trips for singing ' i love the sound of breaking glass'. ( Cant remember if they carried out the threat).

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Chances are you will also remember another guy called Glen (better not say his second name to respect his privacy) from the same era. Absolute nutter who used to start many of the chants in the North Stand. Skinny with wild scraggly hair and glasses. He was in my class at Kings Manor School, Shoreham. He once told me he suffered brain damage at school due his father shutting him in a washing machine at an early age. He was about 18 years of age at that time. Got arrested for stealing drugs from a chemist. Also a regular at away games. Anybody remember him.

I remember him, he was in the year above me at Kings Manor. Just goes to prove there's a fine line between genius and madness.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Awaydays were always special for Glen

Washer+Man.jpg

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
we lost 3-1, went on the seagull special, which let us off at Ninian park station. Must have been mad, i seem to rember bricks were thrown, but Chris was his normal mental self. Wore a coke can ring pull across his nose and was at regular away matches. Great days

Seem to remember him with half a walnut stuck on his nose on more than one occasion. Certainly a character who used to brighten up some long away days.

Think he worked at North Farm turkeys (findon} at one stage.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....and "sexy sully" on his cap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here