The official Swindon match thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it was a shirt off and down the Albion end typical Knight celebration, I'm suprised he hasn't been booked before. Great value for Albion fans but a real wind up for the opposition.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hart sent off.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
f***ing bollox all round

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I still maintain McGhee cost us that game by leaving the best striker in the league on the bench for a full 45 minutes. We are not good enough to go up and would get 4 points if we did.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
So that's us 5th in the table, more than 10 points behind plymouth. Would be interested to get a match report, we should be able to beat the Swindon's if we're to get promotion.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Twickers is right - we should be beating teams like Swindon if we are to gain automatic promotion, or come to that a place in the playoffs. It seems to be slipping away from us, and just when I think we have gained the momentum to have a straight run of a few wins, we cock up again. :(

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
im back from the game

knight deserved to be booked- took his shirt off in front of the swindon end.

piercey was quality- he's too good not to start every week.

knight made a real difference- id love to see a mcphee, knight, piercey strike force.

defence was woefull- couldnt clear our lines, goals were inevitable.

mayo, wason and hart all shit.

we deserved to win, had two dissalowlled goals, one def pen in first min

ah well.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just got in - another completely indifferent performance.

Good in patches - but large periods we just let them come at us.

We did deserve a draw on balance of play, but how often do we keep saying this ? I thought Jones was a bit harshly done by the ref and his red card - both players went in together and no injury came from the challenge.

We have got to start picking up some points on the road - it's our away form that is going to cost us. Barnsley, Plymouth, and Wrexham have all won six away. We have got the fewest points away out of the top fourteen teams, which has got to change if we are serious about making the play offs.

Come on lads - I've been to nine away games this season and only seen 1 win..........or maybe I'm the Jonah ?

glosterseagull

Oct 2, 2003
Swindon didnt give us chance to play the ball always chasing and running. Their goal-keeper was having a terible game then ours took over slipping and kicking the ball out in the second half. At at one point someone shouted "you're worse than Roberts!"

we kept giving the ball away.

butters saved a goal almost off the line.

Jones started well - the 'lift the leg' trick worked the best I have seen - normally when he does it he just gets a cheer; but twice the swindon player almost fell over he was so wrong footed. I thought Jones was poor on Boxing day.

Piercy was poor wasnt up for it. Both he and Mcphee were both lucky not to get booked with several blatent dives in the first 15 minutes. (in fact one of them did eventually get a yellow)

Very cold, they scored against the run of play just on half time. Leon Knight came on at the start of the second half and almost scored with his first touch-then did with his second. His flamboyant celebrations earned him a yellow-praps as it was in the corner by the swindon supporters.

Carpenter had two shots one hit the stand one was well saved. We had 1966 type crossbar-line-and back out several corners later they scored. Gutted. we scored but it was offside. The ref was not on our side but overall he was fair-probabably a bit miffed with the early on antics with a lot of diving in the first half - and it wasnt leon!

Well we at least deserved the draw. A bit of a sketchy report on my part-probably missed out loads....

Gutted!

:censored:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The ref was a bit of a 'homer' today. Any 50-50 challenge resulted in a free-kick for Swindon (have ref's forgotten about drop-balls?), certainly the free kick that led to the opening goal should not have been a free kick for them as both players challenged for the ball and they both ended up on their arses without committing a foul. The lino's were equally bad, and Piercy's chip over the keeper should have stood as a goal (I was right in line with play).

The Albion looked a better side than Swindon for long periods, but I felt that the balance of the side was badly effected when McPhee was taken off. It was obvious Knight would be brought on at half time, but it would have been better to replace Hart and move Piercy out to the right.

Lastly a question. Were the three blokes in row Q seats 185-188 NSC posters? If you are then it's me you grabbed in row R when we celebrated Leon Knight's goal. Hi!!

:lolol:

glosterseagull

Oct 2, 2003
the right footed denilson said:
one def pen in first min

ah well.

That was the dive I was on about you were probably in the uncovered stand. suprising what a different angle shows!

Like the time the stand oppsite us cheered as they were sure the ball was in the net! It was the side net!:blush: :lolol:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Thought we played well first half. Piercy looked dangerous and we certainly didn't deserve to go in one down. Knight came on and made a difference straight away - could have equalised in the first minute of the second half. Would have preferred either Hart or Jones to have come off though with Piercy as one of the wide men. Then we could have moved to 3 up front if necessary.

After we equalised we were poor and could have conceded more than one in the second half.

Flitney gives me the shits every time it goes near him. His positioning was appalling as was his distribution. How they can score a header about one yard out defies belief!! We desperately need Roberts and FDM back asap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports