Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Palace ticket thread [merged]

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
1370 for me but everyone im planning to go with have around 1070 ( non withdean st) so will risk waiting till the end

This is probably the daftest thing about this away of allocating tickets. I appreciate that in your case it wouldn't help but i'd suggest that most people in the top few brackets would be going with people in similar brackets but not necessarily the same, Roz and Ed being the perfect example!

The way that Badger & Commander said it is almost exactly as i had said to my dad this afternoon; Surely you just work out how many points are needed to fill 2700 (maybe work out the points to fill 3000 as they wouldn't all sell anyway) and give a few days to get them. Once you can gauge demand you can work out the next bracket if there's many left but the brackets need to be MUCH bigger and the timescales much smaller.

Anyone looking to go to this game and not checking the club site/NSC/Argus every day less than a month before the Palace game doesn't deserve to go anyway!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't we just put on a white tracksuit and get tickets through Groupon?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
What makes me laugh is this !!!
Some people like myself have been watching Brighton for over 35 years home, away Goldstone, Priestfield, Wembley, Millenium Stadium, Carlisle on freezing winter nights and only this season have I actually been able to afford a season ticket for the first time.
I have racked up 7 away games already just this season hundreds over the years yet, I find myself bottom of the pile for Palarse tickets. The prawn sandwich brigade in the 1901 club a lot of which had never been to a Brighton match in their lives because they don't even support Brighton find themselves first on the loyalty list ??????? What a f***ing joke !!!!!!!!!
Now I'm not saying all of them in the 1901 club etc but a good few . How exactly is that fair ?????

I hear what you are saying, but let's be honest, the vast majority of the "prawn sandwich brigade" in 1901 will not want to go to this match. The 1901ers who have always gone to games home and away, will.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
I hear what you are saying, but let's be honest, the vast majority of the "prawn sandwich brigade" in 1901 will not want to go to this match. The 1901ers who have always gone to games home and away, will.

Don't bring sensible logic into this!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As i have said before, where they went wrong is calling them LOYALTY points.

What they really are is a REWARD for spending money with the club (ie 1901/season tickets/individual match tickets and away ticket booking fees) and should therefore be called REWARD points.

Last year season ticket, this year season ticket are the highest point scorers = 2 years = loyalty..no'one likes a pedant

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This is probably the daftest thing about this away of allocating tickets. I appreciate that in your case it wouldn't help but i'd suggest that most people in the top few brackets would be going with people in similar brackets but not necessarily the same, Roz and Ed being the perfect example!

The way that Badger & Commander said it is almost exactly as i had said to my dad this afternoon; Surely you just work out how many points are needed to fill 2700 (maybe work out the points to fill 3000 as they wouldn't all sell anyway) and give a few days to get them. Once you can gauge demand you can work out the next bracket if there's many left but the brackets need to be MUCH bigger and the timescales much smaller.

Anyone looking to go to this game and not checking the club site/NSC/Argus every day less than a month before the Palace game doesn't deserve to go anyway!

Indeed, missed a trick here, there is no point waiting for 1400 points + to expire UNLESS there are over 2,700 of them, with online booking just crack on

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
What makes me laugh is this !!!
Some people like myself have been watching Brighton for over 35 years home, away Goldstone, Priestfield, Wembley, Millenium Stadium, Carlisle on freezing winter nights and only this season have I actually been able to afford a season ticket for the first time.
I have racked up 7 away games already just this season hundreds over the years yet, I find myself bottom of the pile for Palarse tickets. The prawn sandwich brigade in the 1901 club a lot of which had never been to a Brighton match in their lives because they don't even support Brighton find themselves first on the loyalty list ??????? What a f***ing joke !!!!!!!!!
Now I'm not saying all of them in the 1901 club etc but a good few . How exactly is that fair ?????

7 away games & how many home?? Adds up to more dosh than £38 a month DD for a ST...you COULD have afforded it unless you can do an away game ALL in for less than £30 a game & you've not been to the Amex yet...

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Remember we could get a big away tie in the fa cup 3 days before and this could potentially put some off palace- can see some families with kids/prawn sandwich munchers preferring a trip to chelsea than a Tuesday eve in south London with the chance of trouble!

On a separate note why are plonkers with 1300+ worrying-you basically have a ticket!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The prawn sandwich brigade in the 1901 club a lot of which had never been to a Brighton match in their lives because they don't even support Brighton find themselves first on the list

The 1901 got a few bonus points, I cannot recall the exact number maybe a 100, but I it was easy for anyone who went to a series of away games to make this number up.

That was the polite response. My other version is f*** right off. Your picking the wrong fight here and I'm getting pissed off with goons like you making totally inaccurate assertions. If you have been a regular supporter of the club with a season ticket this year and last and have been to some aways this year you will get a ticket. What is unfair about that?

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Remember we could get a big away tie in the fa cup 3 days before and this could potentially put some off palace- can see some families with kids/prawn sandwich munchers preferring a trip to chelsea than a Tuesday eve in south London with the chance of trouble!

Argh! I'd forgotten this. It was the Liverpool game that put our players off last time we played palace, we don't want that again! The best result would be that we draw palace in the cup.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'll be gutted if i can't get my hands on any ticket for that game. I haven't been to any other away games and doubt i could actually raise the money to buy a ticket, but if i don't get one delivered to me, a sense of betrayal will quickly become attached to my relationship with and thoughts toward the Albion. I am 36, for god's sake. 36! I went to university. Unifuckingversity. Why give tickets to the oiks who fail to understand things to the level i do and are probably all thieves and child-slavery-mongers getting together enough cash for the ticket via only illicit methods? It makes no arse-ing sense to me. None of it. f*** it. f*** it all.
Now this idea I like. :lolol: How about people with a pHD get an extra 1,000 points, 900 for a masters, 800 for a degree, 700 for A-levels, 600 for GCSEs, 500 for 20m Breast-stroke, 400 for cycling proficiency?

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Just one question, I have 1330 points and was wondering when it's my turn in the pecking order, is the 1330 category avaliable to fans who have 1330 points and below or just 1330?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The 1901 got a few bonus points, I cannot recall the exact number maybe a 100, but I it was easy for anyone who went to a series of away games to make this number up.

That was the polite response. My other version is f*** right off. Your picking the wrong fight here and I'm getting pissed off with goons like you making totally inaccurate assertions. If you have been a regular supporter of the club with a season ticket this year and last and have been to some aways this year you will get a ticket. What is unfair about that?

This.

I know quite a few 1901ers and to be honest their Albion supporting credentials are impeccable. They simply plumped for the best seats in the house.

In fact there was probably so many REGULAR fans snapping up 1901 tickets that they opened the East to get MORE corporates in!

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
How quickly are loyalty points added?

How quickly are loyalty points added to an individuals account?

I only ask because I am on 1390, so was considering buying a Peterborough ticket to get myself up to 1400.

Would this be done by say, 5pm this afternoon?

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
How quickly are loyalty points added to an individuals account?

I only ask because I am on 1390, so was considering buying a Peterborough ticket to get myself up to 1400.

Would this be done by say, 5pm this afternoon?

It depends my Derby and Southampton points took 2 weeks to be added yet my Wrexham tickets were put on straight away, others such as Birmingham took a couple of days.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
As someone with the max points here are my thoughts on this.

The first allocation of over 1400 makes sense and is perfectly fair, however the way the points decrease is a bit silly in my opinion. Dropping ten points every two or three days is too slow. I expect the club are trying to keep the stress on the ticket office to a minimum through this drip feed method but I expect a fair number of tickets to be left once they drop below 1,330 points.

My proposal would be to drop them in 50 point increments twice a week with a more gradual decrease for the first week. So we would have:

1400 6th
1380 10th
1370 11th
1360 12th
1350 13th
1300 16th
1250 18th
1200 20th

This way those lower down the priority will have a chance to at least know ten days in advance whether they are getting a ticket. Those higher up still have a big advantage in securing their tickets.

It is also worth noting that 1,330 points, the current lowest number of points on the clubs allocation timetable, could have been achieved without going to single away game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here