Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official not really bothered about the Rugby World Cup Thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry everyone. I just cheered the 4th try. What has HAPPENED to me?

:facepalm:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What the hell did they do before TV replays....just guess?:drama:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have to go onto the Official Match Thread.

Its the one with 4 pages....

Yeah, 2-1 to the 'don't cares'.

That BHF ad after the game rather took the shine off the evening :(

Feb 14, 2010
All decent sport is on pay TV these days - football, cricket and boxing are sports that people will pay to watch. It leaves athletics, rugby and other minority sports. However of all minority sports, rugby is at least more interesting than the 400 metres or the hop skip and jump. But rugby has to be on free TV or the "world cup" wouldnt be watched be anyone.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I like Rugby, have just watched the game and take in the odd wasps game living near the ricoh, HOWEVER, I'd rather cut off my toes, fry them up and make a toe sandwich rather than watch that game down my local rugby club. If there is a bigger collection of egotistical, narcissistic, dullards alive anywhere else I've yet to meet them.

Yoda

English & European
Yeah, 2-1 to the 'don't cares'.

That BHF ad after the game rather took the shine off the evening :(

Sorry, that thread would've had a good few posts from me except I was busy WATCHING the game with huge interest (Two ex Worthing players in the squad). Obviously everyone on this thread had the time as they weren't. :jester:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
All decent sport is on pay TV these days - football, cricket and boxing are sports that people will pay to watch. It leaves athletics, rugby and other minority sports. However of all minority sports, rugby is at least more interesting than the 400 metres or the hop skip and jump. But rugby has to be on free TV or the "world cup" wouldnt be watched be anyone.

There are some hidden gems on terrestrial TV. ITV4's cycling coverage, particularly the Tour de France, does it for me.
I'm still wondering if I'll watch any rugby and I think that'll be decided by the little fella.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, that thread would've had a good few posts from me except I was busy WATCHING the game with huge interest (Two ex Worthing players in the squad). Obviously everyone on this thread had the time as they weren't. :jester:

I can't fault your logic.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Just going to bed after a few beers and a bottle of wine, still don't know what the result was so I guess this thread was made for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here