Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official not really bothered about the Rugby World Cup Thread

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Grimsby v Tranmere for me ,no interest in it for me but fair play to those that enjoy it. Maybe it's the people in Pubs round my way that spout so much bollox about it without ever going to watch their local side that really gives me no interest in it .1,I avoid the Pub or 2 sit in the beer garden ,it really is like being with a load of plastic Man Utd or Chelsea fans watching a game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I have no interest whatsoever in Rugby but if England entered a team in the Snail Derby I would want us to win it it. I wouldnt go across the road to watch it but if wife doesnt change the channels and it is on ITV it will be on our TV.
I love that attitude; it's the same one that makes me love watching rowing every 4 years.

Other than that, I don't get the negativity in general here. Rugby may not be your sport, but some people really do seem to have a chip on their shoulders about it.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I won't be watching any of it ... not even checking the results ... really not in the slightest interested.

I think it stemmed from my Grammar School where the "official" sport was rugby. I knew absolutely nothing about the sport when I started at the school at the tender age of 11 and gave it a go, as you do at that age. I just couldn't see the point of it as a lad who was beginning to appreciate the beauty and skill of football. Seemed like I spent my time being jumped all over by all the fat guys in the school and getting covered in mud. I did all the alternative activities in order not to have to play rugger ... hockey which I enjoyed ... and cross country which I was good at and enjoyed for a while.

Anyway, the bottom line is that from that day forward I have never liked the sport, never understood it (particularly this thing they do with lifting guys up at throw ins ... what exactly is that all about??), and am convinced it's played by enormous overweight guys who do not have the skills required to play football.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Birmingham away kit is horrific

That french bloke will be a laugh though. 24 stone and 6'5"!
Tell him it's a stupid game:lolol:

Who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies, would you like some more and what type if you promise you won't hit me

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have had the Eng vs Fij game on the box since before KO (do they call it KO?). I'm reallty TRYING to follow it, but I have no IDEA what's happening. Fifty nine minutes and only now have I reaslised we are the team in red :ffsparr:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Fifty nine minutes and only now have I reaslised we are the team in red :ffsparr:

for me the joy of international rugby is watching the sheer brutal force of the play, combined with the speed some can suddenly muster despite their enormous size, so not knowing the teams doesnt matter much.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
for me the joy of international rugby is watching the sheer brutal force of the play, combined with the speed some can suddenly muster despite their enormous size, so not knowing the teams doesnt matter much.

I'm getting that, now, just. Its like a massive fight limited only by an insane number of nit picky rules (that I don't understand) though . . . still watching . . .

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Ips 1 - 1 Birm

0747511055.jpg

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I try but just can't get into it.
Is it the scrums that give them cauliflower ears?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Cant abide the Rugby snobbery and how Rugby fans look down their noses at Football fans. And the way at my work at least how they engage you in excited conversation about the 'Rugger', talking a bloody foreign language as far as I'm concerned without once checking or asking if I'm even interested in the poxy sport. Firmly in the couldn't give a toss camp. Its on the TV tonight in the background as the missus thought we should at least try and get into it, we arent watching however and have been talking about tomorrows game with Wolves and getting excited about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here