Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That was absolutely devastating; I still can't believe we managed to lose that game. As someone who supported the Bills through the Four Falls of Buffalo in the 90's, I guess I should have been prepared for them to find a way to throw it away against all the odds. It seems doubly harsh that we didn't even get an opportunity to respond in overtime. That seems a ridiculously unfair and illogical rule, particularly in a sport that tries so hard to level the playing field via draft order and strength of schedule. The way things were going, it's highly likely Buffalo would have evened things up and we'd have been given even more entertainment. Not that my heart could have taken much more. I'm completely shattered today, got about 2hrs sleep before getting up for work.

I presume there are stats on winning toss likelihood of winning OT etc.? I must confess most of the OTs I have watched this season (which isn't many I grant you) haven't ended with a first possession TD walk off. I don't even know the rules properly, but noted on the NFL show on Tuesday both JB and Osi thought you've got every chance to defend it and as they do on many drives. I guess with both QBs firing TDs almost at will, it was a pretty crucial toss in this case.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I presume there are stats on winning toss likelihood of winning OT etc.? I must confess most of the OTs I have watched this season (which isn't many I grant you) haven't ended with a first possession TD walk off. I don't even know the rules properly, but noted on the NFL show on Tuesday both JB and Osi thought you've got every chance to defend it and as they do on many drives. I guess with both QBs firing TDs almost at will, it was a pretty crucial toss in this case.

As you might expect(!), I have been doing some reading on this matter. Statistically, winning the toss in the regular season makes little difference to winning in O/T. However, in the post season, 10 out of 11 overtime winners have won on the back of winning the toss. In this case, the offences were so dominant that it was utterly predicatable that whoever had the ball first was going to win. It was just a deeply unsatisfying end to the game, although, in truth, Buffalo could and should have played a whole lot smarter in those last 13 seconds (squib kick etc).

Jul 7, 2003
Big Ben has officially announced his retirement today

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'll go out on a limb here and say that it's doubtful if there'll ever be a better pick in the 6th Round.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah, I wasn’t a huge fan whilst he was in New England but I’ve really enjoyed him in Tampa, seeing him still doing his thing without BB was good fun.

On another website, it has been suggested that ESPN may have been premature with their announcement.

Edit - the NFL UK have announced it though

Edit 2 - Father and Publicist denying any announcement for now.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here