Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2021 Thread

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Very happy Seahawk today.

On the road win at SF.

We needed that.

And for a while it looked like the nightmare of the last two games was set to continue – we didn't even get a first down until a few minutes before the end of the first half.

But then finally kicked into the offence we know we can be, with some sweet plays – especially a Russell Wilson scramble, escape, duck, scramble, run to the sideline, toss a TD pass special.

2-2 in the NFC West keeps us in the mix, in possibly the toughest division in the NFL. 1-3 would have started feeling like season-over, so hopefully this can be a platform to build on.

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos lost Teddy at half time and that was the game gone at that point. Lock showed no improvement and no idea why Fangio thought there was an equal race at QB. We need to pick up an experienced backup for Teddy as otherwise we are screwed.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I do love an NFL OT game. Giants Gators was 21-21 at the end of the 4th quarter and I could see us heading for another 0-4 start. But we took it 27-21 and Daniel Jones is being hailed as the saviour of the season. Funny how a lot of sports writers are suddenly saying what a great QB he is, after a lot of very negative reporting - for me the jury's still out. Dallas Cowboys next up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I do love an NFL OT game. Giants Gators was 21-21 at the end of the 4th quarter and I could see us heading for another 0-4 start. But we took it 27-21 and Daniel Jones is being hailed as the saviour of the season. Funny how a lot of sports writers are suddenly saying what a great QB he is, after a lot of very negative reporting - for me the jury's still out. Dallas Cowboys next up.

Definitely, he hasn’t suddenly become brilliant - same concerns exist IMO.

As for Jarrett, WTF was that reverse call on 3rd and goal early in the second?

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Steelers should have moved on from Ben 3/4 seasons ago now. It's just painful at this point, yesterdays L sits firmly on his shoulders.

With arguably the hardest schedule in the NFL this season, we could end up with a top 5 pick in this years draft. But now we need to decide if we take a QB or much needed upgrades to our O-line.

Steelers should have moved on from Ben 3/4 seasons ago now. It's just painful at this point, yesterdays L sits firmly on his shoulders.

With arguably the hardest schedule in the NFL this season, we could end up with a top 5 pick in this years draft. But now we need to decide if we take a QB or much needed upgrades to our O-line.

Completely agree re Roethlisberger. The way last season ended showed he was going to hold you back, and without the o-line this was more apparent going into the season.

Given the quality of 1st round worthy QB's for next year - on paper in the opinion of those who watch the college game - doesn't seem to be as plentiful or surefire as this year's crop, potentially going for stud O-line help in the 1st and looking to make a move for a QB in free agency could be the way to go. Also dependent on wage cap etc, as I've no idea how that looks for the Steelers next year.

A lot of the QB free agency market next year will depend on what and when the outcome of the legal action surrounding Deshaun Watson is, and what the ramifications/sanctions are handed down by Goodell.

Conveniently the second MNF game of the season for the Raiders coincides with my dad being over in the UK from Germany, so have the day off booked on Tuesday to hang out with him in the afternoon and can justify staying up for tonight's game. Arguably of our games so far, this one will be the toughest test of the great defensive rebuild and rejig that Gus Bradley has executed. So far it's been everything we've hoped for as we've made the right additions to make it work. Anyone who's heard ex-Raiders talk about our previous Def Co-ordinator Paul Guenther since his firing will know that him and the way he set up our defensive playbook/verbiage was the major reason why our defence has been trash since Gruden's return (no excuse for the many years before that though, but pre-dates my time as an NFL/Raiders fan so can't comment too much on it!)

Told a lot of people in the offseason that if this clicked then we could make a play-off run, but somewhat understandably got shouted down because of some of the moves made so far in the Gruden/Mayock era. Think the 2020 class were viewed unfairly because so many of the 2019 class of rookies (Jacobs, Crosby, Renfrow, Moreau, Mullen, Ingold) settled in so well in Year 1. Whereas now the likes of Ruggs and Edwards are starting to produce after having a proper pre-season under their belt and have opened up the offence more for Carr. Not to say we haven't made some howlers when it comes to draft picks and management in recent years, but this year shows it's not as bad as has been made out by the national US sports media, who tend to have an anti-Raiders bias.

A lot tonight will depend on how Hayward and Mullen match up against Allen and Williams, not to mention the D-line continuing their high rate of QB pressures. Not always about the sack if we can force the ball out of Herbert's hands quickly and into tight windows that we can make plays on. Like when we play the Chiefs, Chargers are a team that we will have to bend but not break against without the ball. Think this could be a game they utilise Ekeler a lot in. A healthy Chargers defence will make work hard for Carr if we can't get the running game going with whoever starts at RB, but we'll benefit from the fact it's estimated that SoFi's attendance will be 75% Raiders fans. Nice to know nothing has changed since the Bolts left LA Galaxy's ground and that we'll essentially have an extra home game every season.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Houston are poor, though the conditions are shocking.

You had me at "Houston are poor".

8 yards total offence in the whole of the 1st half and a mere 341 yards behind the Bills in total yards.

It's a race between us and the Jags for the #1 draft pick already in the Won 4, Lost 12 farce that is the AFC South.

You had me at "Houston are poor".

8 yards total offence in the whole of the 1st half and a mere 341 yards behind the Bills in total yards.

It's a race between us and the Jags for the #1 draft pick already in the Won 4, Lost 12 farce that is the AFC South.

Wouldn't rule out the Falcons in that race either. No defence of worth to speak of, and more often than not Matt Ryan looks frozen in the pocket every time a receiver can't get open and takes a sack. Clearly the worst team in the NFC South by a long stretch, whereas you could benefit (or not benefit if you want to tank for #1) from how inconsistent the your division have looked. Especially if Tyrod still looks decent when he's healthy.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Wouldn't rule out the Falcons in that race either. No defence of worth to speak of, and more often than not Matt Ryan looks frozen in the pocket every time a receiver can't get open and takes a sack. Clearly the worst team in the NFC South by a long stretch, whereas you could benefit (or not benefit if you want to tank for #1) from how inconsistent the your division have looked. Especially if Tyrod still looks decent when he's healthy.

Yes, I hadn't noticed that. Despite a win, the Falcons have somehow managed to attain a worse net points than anyone.

Let's see how the DW4 situation plays out and how many picks we get. I half wish he'd have moved on already.

At least with Bill O'Brien long gone, we shouldn't be trading any future 1st round picks and top receivers away for magic beans.

Yes, I hadn't noticed that. Despite a win, the Falcons have somehow managed to attain a worse net points than anyone.

Let's see how the DW4 situation plays out and how many picks we get. I half wish he'd have moved on already.

At least with Bill O'Brien long gone, we shouldn't be trading any future 1st round picks and top receivers away for magic beans.

Honestly, would save the likes of Adam Schefter so much time every week if they just stopped mentioning Watson being inactive every week. Everyone knows the situation until his legal stuff gets resolved.

No idea what the McNairs were thinking allowing BOB to be GM/Coach at the same time, but can't think of many other teams other than yourselves and the Jags (after the Sacksonville run to the AFC Title game) doing a 180 from play off challengers to 1st overall contenders.

Is there still a lot of unease in the fanbase over Jack Easterby's presence in the organisation, or are you just getting behind Culley, Caserio and the team at this point? Everything I've seen about him in his time at Houston has had me reaching for the red flags.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Eagles crashing and burning at home again!

Could be another long season

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Same old Vegas Raiders

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Chargers looking strong on both sides of the ball.
Needed Williams to have a big game last night to save my unbeaten record in my fantasy league (1 catch for 11yds....*sigh*:cry:) but it shows the depth of talent they have on offense to spread it around like they did.
Can only see them getting better as well.

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
After Raiders getting buried by a better Chargers team (sorry Vatican), only Cardinals are 4-0. Watch us get dropped into 10th in the NFL power rankings like we barely matter at all. True to the Albion's 'Under The Radar' system of quietly doing things without anyone noticing, I'll absolutely prefer that. Rather that than have a target on our head.

Kyler Murray MVP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here