Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Just had a bunch of Browns fans marching past the office on Haymarket making racket banging a drum. Not sure what they've got to be cheery about being 0-7 but good to see the fans supporting their team.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0112.JPG

What a result...what a team. 7 and 1

I will stick my head out and say we have pissed this division!

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
Just had a bunch of Browns fans marching past the office on Haymarket making racket banging a drum. Not sure what they've got to be cheery about being 0-7 but good to see the fans supporting their team.
Cleveland Palace

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Seahawks v Texans - game of the season so far.

Both QBs going for over 400 yards and records going all over the place - Watson highest number of TD passes (19) in first 7 career games.

Got to hand it to Wilson and the Seahawks - they held their nerve at the death with no timeouts remaining.

So last minute losses on the road against the Patriots and now the Seahawks. Annoying, but it's keeping the AFC South interesting

And at least we've got a QB this season.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Both QBs going for over 400 yards and records going all over the place - Watson highest number of TD passes (19) in first 7 career games.

Got to hand it to Wilson and the Seahawks - they held their nerve at the death with no timeouts remaining.

So last minute losses on the road against the Patriots and now the Seahawks. Annoying, but it's keeping the AFC South interesting

Great game, worth staying up to nearly 3:30am to watch*– thought the Seahawks had lost it when Wilson threw an interception with just a couple of minutes left, but to then get the ball back well inside the two minute warning and go 80 yards for the TD with no timeouts; awesome.

Christ do we need a running game though!!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Sort of OT but I was just looking at the plans for Spurs pitch at the Lane at it seems the NFL artificial pitch is permanent with the grass pitch slid in on rails in 3 sections, surely with only two NFL games per season it would be easier to slide in the artificial pitch?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Steelers found another way to win last night, stout run defense, dogged red zone defending and an 193 yard receiving breakout game from the youngest player in the NFL.

6-2 and we still haven't clicked yet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders underachieving, same old same old

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
After last night's defeat to THEM I cannot help feel that the Skins season is more or less over. No WRs, a crocked O line, key injuries on the D too, this team is decimated. 8-8 would represent a good return from here, the wildcard is slipping away.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
We may be 0-8, we may be the worst franchise in the league...but after 31 years of support I am so happy to have seen my team live for the first time yesterday.

Was pretty pleased with how it was going in that first half (kicking aside) but that Crowell fumble to start the 3rd quarter was a big old kick to the balls. The offense really did look so anaemic though with no receiving corps to speak of (how many check downs into the flat did Kizer do?!) - and Jackson must be treading a fine line now with no visible improvement with him calling the shots.

Hey ho...onwards & (hopefully) upwards eh?!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
After last night's defeat to THEM I cannot help feel that the Skins season is more or less over. No WRs, a crocked O line, key injuries on the D too, this team is decimated. 8-8 would represent a good return from here, the wildcard is slipping away.
Unfortunately agree - especially the offensive line last night seemed to me unable to protect Cousins to the extent that you would have any real confidence that things were going to improve.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

I was kind of upset that this match was taking precedent over 'Skins/Cowboys on Red Zone, although by the end of the night I was glad I couldn't see it all :D

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Unfortunately agree - especially the offensive line last night seemed to me unable to protect Cousins to the extent that you would have any real confidence that things were going to improve.

They are just out of players, feeling pretty downbeat right now.

Jul 7, 2003
Sort of OT but I was just looking at the plans for Spurs pitch at the Lane at it seems the NFL artificial pitch is permanent with the grass pitch slid in on rails in 3 sections, surely with only two NFL games per season it would be easier to slide in the artificial pitch?

Haven't seen the plans but assume this is the same as others where you slide out the grass pitch to let it get more sun/rain for growth.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Are they not eventually going to show all the UK games with potentially more games over here (and that's before a franchise)

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Beautiful day at 'The Ralph' er New Era Field yesterday. 12 hours of standing in the cool rain, amazing tailgate, my Bills are off to a completely unexpected 5 - 2 start after a sound thrashing of the Raiders. Take care of the Jests on Thursday night and we're sitting at 6 - 2 with a real shot at the playoffs.

Need those same Raiders to somehow take care of the Patriots in Mexico City on Nov 19th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here