Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Steelers win with a very encouraging performance, especially second half defensively.

Most complete performance of the year I thought. Offence moved the ball with ease, though struggled in the red zone again. BB looked very good. Defense was elite in the second half. DeCastro and Shazier are having all-pro years atm.

A bit worried we are going to run Bell into the ground but I suppose that's less of an issue given he wouldn't sign a long term contract. I'm really enthused by what I've seen of James Connor so far.

And have we seen the last of Martavis Bryant being a big part of this offence? Ju-Ju is clearly the future, AB is locked up on a huge contract, I don't think there is any space for him. I did discover last week that the suspended year doesn't count toward his contract so there's no hurry to trade him, I can't see the Steelers doing anything until the off season but if a WR needy playoff bound team came in with something 4th Round +, we'd probably have something to think about.

The state of our division this year, despite us not being totally at the races yet, means we must have a really good shout at the no. 1 seed. We have the Patriots coming to us later in the season and that's going to be a big one. Rodgers injury means it's the only really tough game left on our schedule.

Last edited:

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Most complete performance of the year I thought. Offence moved the ball with ease, though struggled in the red zone again. BB looked very good. Defense was elite in the second half. DeCastro and Shazier are having all-pro years atm.

A bit worried we are going to run Bell into the ground but I suppose that's less of an issue given he wouldn't sign a long term contract. I'm really enthused by what I've seen of James Connor so far.

And have we seen the last of Martavis Bryant being a big part of this offence? Ju-Ju is clearly the future, AB is locked up on a huge contract, I don't think there is any space for him. I did discover last week that the suspended year doesn't count toward his contract so there's no hurry to trade him, I can't see the Steelers doing anything until the off season but if a WR needy playoff bound team came in with something 4th Round +, we'd probably have something to think about.

The state of our division this year, despite us not being totally at the races yet, means we must have a really good shout at the no. 1 seed. We have the Patriots coming to us later in the season and that's going to be a big one. Rodgers injury means it's the only really tough game left on our schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fcYQpoBt9o

Sit down, Bells play of the game.

Bryant attitude is all wrong and we should offload as soon as we can. Agreed with above, we could get a decent pick for him.

Jul 7, 2003
Beaten up Broncos stuffed by the chargers. Defence is fine but even they can't work miracles when they are on the field for around three quarters of the game. First time the Broncos have been shut out in 25 years. Hope we get some players back in the next couple of weeks as you don't want to get too far behind in what is probably the toughest division in the NFL this season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0112.JPG

Eeeeeeeeeaaaaaaggggggllllleeeeessssss!!!!!!

6-1. Get the f in

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m like to tip my cap to Calais Campbell who’s been an unbelievable FA acquisition. He’s already got a career high amount of sacks, after 7 games.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
I’m like to tip my cap to Calais Campbell who’s been an unbelievable FA acquisition. He’s already got a career high amount of sacks, after 7 games.

Playing like a potential defensive POTY? Only 2 sacks short of the jags single-season record.

As a team 33 sacks after 7 games is mental, well on course to break the single-season record of 75 set by the 1984 Bears.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Playing like a potential defensive POTY? Only 2 sacks short of the jags single-season record.

As a team 33 sacks after 7 games is mental, well on course to break the single-season record of 75 set by the 1984 Bears.
Although Calais has got himself a stack of sacks, I personally think Ramsey and Bouye are the defensive stars, their ability to shut down the receivers feeds right into the hands of Campbell, Jackson, Ngakoue and Fowler. It’s an unbelievable turn around from last year under Gus Bradley. If Watt, Mack, Clowney etc were hitting these numbers the media would be going mad for it, but I appreciate the Jags are traditionally a poor franchise in a small market so the love isn’t that great.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Eagles look so strong, Rams/Vikings the only two still in the hunt but would take a major cock up now. I really enjoy watching Wentz play, he's the real deal.

Wentz is class....some of the plays he calls are just sublime, but he has such a strong defense around him .....it is great to watch

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Eagles look so strong, Rams/Vikings the only two still in the hunt but would take a major cock up now. I really enjoy watching Wentz play, he's the real deal.

This escape from last night is just ridiculous :nono:

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Wentz is class....some of the plays he calls are just sublime, but he has such a strong defense around him .....it is great to watch

Throws like Rodgers, scrambles like Newton.

This escape from last night is just ridiculous :nono:

I watched this on lunch and literally came on to post it, absolute madness how he came out of that! "he's in trouble and Wentz will be... ESCAPING"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Throws like Rodgers, scrambles like Newton.

I watched this on lunch and literally came on to post it, absolute madness how he came out of that! "he's in trouble and Wentz will be... ESCAPING"

Just brilliant!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hooray! Cleveland actually won a game!

Oh bugger, I should have known I was asleep ...

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Big AFC match up tonight! Dolphins on a 3 game winning streak against the Ravens on a 2 game losing streak.

Two worst offences in the NFL, don't expect it to be a high scoring game but suspect Dolphins have that little bit extra to get the win.

Ravens struggling against the run, big game for Ajayi?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here