Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Peyton Manning is now on the way to breaking Brett Favre’s career TD record of 508. He reached the 500 milestone against the Cardinals.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Peyton Manning is now on the way to breaking Brett Favre’s career TD record of 508. He reached the 500 milestone against the Cardinals.

He utterly obliterated us. Some comfort in the fact that it's almost acceptable when it's him doing it but still...Urgh.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Went up to Indigo at the O2 for their NFL Sundays thing last night and it was pretty good. Only got to watch the early games as had to get home via rail replacement from Three Bridges, but it was still fun. They had the Bears game on the big screen with commentary, and then 4 other games plus Red Zone on smaller screens above the bar, where commentary was via subtitles. Game breaks in the Bears game also caused the big screen to switch to Red Zone.

If you're in London it's a good place to go watch, and I might try and get a few more friends to come up with me next time. Was just with my flatmate last night, but think it'd be a good laugh with more people.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's the final straw, the ultimate indignity . Terrible coach, terrible roster, terrible helmet...just a terrible franchise :cry:

You forgot the owner.

I couldn't work out if the Jags had improved a bit or if it was the Steelers doing their normal having a bye week against lesser opposition. If it wasn't for the pick six we might have lost that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You forgot the owner.

I couldn't work out if the Jags had improved a bit or if it was the Steelers doing their normal having a bye week against lesser opposition. If it wasn't for the pick six we might have lost that.

That was a heart breaker, 1 point behind and the Steelers had possession in the red zone, we turned the ball over and it was there for the taking, but no. A loose pass which the WR (Robinson?) never saw was walked straight in for a TD and the game was up. Misery.

Jul 7, 2003
With the Broncos on TV so often this season I chose not to renew my GamePass team season subscription this year and to use the weekly passes when needed. I tried a test last night as I registered just before our 9:05pm kick off and it says that my pass will not expire until just after 9pm next week. This is great if your team has a late game one week and an early one the next as I should be able to watch just about all of our early game against the Jets next week.

On the very outside chance that the Jets make a game of it, if it goes past that I'm sure I can live with RedZone for the last few minutes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went to bed early.
I've got up to watch Hawks v Skins.

I may well be back in bed very soon.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Hawks up 17-7 with 2 minutes of 2nd quarter to go

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hawks up 17-7 with 2 minutes of 2nd quarter to go
They should be at least 21 points clear, at the half.

I have no idea (neither do Washington) how the Hawks have scored so few.
I have even less of an idea as to how the Skins have scored so many!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Actually not too unhappy with that game this morning. Seahawks obviously far superior to the Skins, but at least Washington made a decent game of it. Wilson was superb one of his best performances imo. I thought Cousins did ok considering the O-line was getting shredded on every play. Against a mortal QB the defence would have performed ok too, but Wilson either with his feet or hands just had them beat.

Cards next so 1-5 beckons, another lost season for the Redskins I fear. Still at least we have a first round pick next year!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The bigger problem with the Skins is whether RG3 is going to be a long term prospect at QB in the NFL. It's not looking great to be honest.

I agree, the guy is injury prone and keeps attracting these freak injuries. I have every confidence in his ability, last year he was crocked so I don't read too much into it. He should forget the pocket passer stuff and just be himself, just a little more sensible.

The redskins need help on the o-line only Trent Williams is worth his place at the moment. Polumbus is a nightmare and Moses is not ready to compete at the highest level yet.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Did anyone watch JJ Watt versus Luck last night? Sounds brilliant from the reports I'm reading. The 2 best players in the league at the moment in my opinion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
EEEEEEEAAAAGGGGLES!!!

Just spoken to friends in Philli who said there are rumours about that the Eagles are playing at Wembley in a regular season fixture next year. Please let it be vs the Giants!

Must get tickets for the Philli game no matter who they play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here