Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2014 Thread

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Oh yes 1st snow game of the season live on sky tonight at 925 with 2 power houses, PM does not like the snow. Also first up its the Weeden show LETS GO COWBOYS

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The 'Skins looked like a different team Las week.
Now they look like world beaters.

3 weeks ago they would only have drawn with the Albion.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Oh yes 1st snow game of the season live on sky tonight at 925 with 2 power houses, PM does not like the snow. Also first up its the Weeden show LETS GO COWBOYS

I'm afraid the Cowboys ran into a proper football team this week - the Cardinals are starting to look like the real deal, finding ways to get it done week after week.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The 'Skins looked like a different team Las week.
Now they look like world beaters.

3 weeks ago they would only have drawn with the Albion.

Absolutely had it with Haslett and his crappy defence, sounded like Gruden has too if the presser was anything to go by. No way the Skins should have lost that game yesterday. I thought interception aside Griffin was ok, his deep throws to D-Jax were exceptional and did not look afraid to run when necessary and has obviously learnt to slide. I think he maybe took one or two sack too many and held on to the ball too long but for a first game back it was decent enough 26 points should be enough to beat the Vikings.

The Defence in the second half was an absolute shambles, no pressure on Bridgewater and the secondary playing in ridiculous positions. Breeland was great in the first half and then played marking space in the second? WTF?
May brave the all 22 film later this week to really uncover the horror of the second half.

Still at least the Cowboys lost too :)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm afraid the Cowboys ran into a proper football team this week - the Cardinals are starting to look like the real deal, finding ways to get it done week after week.
If I'm honest I wouldn't have called us having this record after 8 games. Obviously not complaining though!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Big Ben throws 6 TD passes for the 2nd week in a row as the Steelers rout the Ravens.

The Steelers starting to look the real deal now and will play The Jets and the Titans in the next 2. They should go 8-3 but then again, this is the side that has managed to lose to the Buccs and Browns and make a massive meal of it against the Jags.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely had it with Haslett and his crappy defence, sounded like Gruden has too if the presser was anything to go by. No way the Skins should have lost that game yesterday. I thought interception aside Griffin was ok, his deep throws to D-Jax were exceptional and did not look afraid to run when necessary and has obviously learnt to slide. I think he maybe took one or two sack too many and held on to the ball too long but for a first game back it was decent enough 26 points should be enough to beat the Vikings.

The Defence in the second half was an absolute shambles, no pressure on Bridgewater and the secondary playing in ridiculous positions. Breeland was great in the first half and then played marking space in the second? WTF?
May brave the all 22 film later this week to really uncover the horror of the second half.

Still at least the Cowboys lost too :)
Talk about game of 2 halves.
That was a massive win thrown away and i just can't see how.

980 will be a fun listen.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Seahawks nearly had a scare against the Raiders last night after going 24-3 up against them, they took it back to 24-17 - luckily 2 Seattle FGs were the difference, especially after a late Raiders TD took it to 30-24. Makes the Raiders 0-8 now as well, on their showing last night it wont be long until they get a win.

The 49ers lost again as well to the Rams......bet their fans wish they didnt gloat so much about the Seahawks losing to the Rams now either. The Brady vs Manning showdown wasnt as close as I expected either, with the Patriots winning 43-21.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We were actually in a game, we remained competetive until the 4th against the Bengals, a terrible pick when in their red zone killed us but definite signs of improvement. The defence is starting to resemble something other than cardboard cut outs which is impressive considering Branch and Poz are both out. Denard Robinson has been nothing short of a revelation at RB, a college QB by trade he's absolutely rapid and has 3 100+ yard games and 2 TD's in 3 starts.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
How's Bortles doing? A few people seem to think he's regressed somewhat after a promising start. Only saw the highlights yesterday but it looked like he made a couple of impressive long throws.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We were actually in a game, we remained competetive until the 4th against the Bengals, a terrible pick when in their red zone killed us but definite signs of improvement. The defence is starting to resemble something other than cardboard cut outs which is impressive considering Branch and Poz are both out. Denard Robinson has been nothing short of a revelation at RB, a college QB by trade he's absolutely rapid and has 3 100+ yard games and 2 TD's in 3 starts.

Looking forward to seeing the Jags next weekend. They do slowly seem to be heading in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing Bortles in action. I am really pleased for Robinson I liked him at Michigan a whole hearted player if ever there was one.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
How's Bortles doing? A few people seem to think he's regressed somewhat after a promising start. Only saw the highlights yesterday but it looked like he made a couple of impressive long throws.

I was watching him yesterday and he seems alright, it's absolutely staggering if you see his percentages and stats when you look at when you blitz him and when you don't, every single turnover has came from a blitz, his pass % is piss poor. If I was Jax I'd be investing in a better O line come draft day, do they have a decent O line now? I'm pretty ignorant on that front. If they're considered a pretty good O line, then it isjust going to take time and practice for him to settle in those high pressure situations.

Bridgewater seems like he's growing week on week, and I like the tenacity of Carr. Shame Manziel hasn't even had a chance yet.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

There's a bit of a divide in opinions regarding Bortles, personally I think the kid is doing well, it's his rookie season in a historically dreadfull team, he's got rookie WR's and an injury plagued offence. He's thrown quite a few ugly picks but generally it's because he's going for the shot and if you don't try it you'll never make it. Yesterday he was picked making a TD pass deep in 4th, if it had come off Cinci were on the ropes but it wasn't to be. I'll take a battling defeat over a mauling any day. Obviously we're gonna be up very early in the draft, we desperately need an OT or a stand out WR, both of which will help BB no end.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Jets new game plan is to go 1-15, then get the best picks at the draft - unless of course the Raiders go 0-16

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
2015 International Series games just announced.
Jets @ Dolphins
Bills @ Jags
Lions @ Chiefs

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Bit disappointing to have repeat teams over, obviously Jax can't be helped which is understandable but to have both Detroit & Miami two years in a row is a bit off...

That said, I do like a bit of Buffalo and it'll be good the see new teams in NYJ & Kansas!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here