**The Official Match Thread – Brighton and Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Very good up until we scored. Not so good after that. All 8's, special mention to Kaz, Kayal and March, who I thought started nervously but got better and better.

Excellent start. Top of the league. Onwards

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Thatll do for a start. We're top of the league! :)

Thought we wree a much more balanced dangerous team but as always we lost it a bit after we went ahead. Hughton needs to stop this self-destructiveness or we'll ahve another long season.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We are top of the league. Say we are top of the league. Stop the season now:albion2:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good start considering we were playing 12
well done CH you got that just about right
we are top of the league :rock::rock::rock::albion2:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
O'Grady is a great defensive substitution when you are winning. He was never going to score a goal but caused enough havoc up top to thwart Forest at the back building attacks. Good on him!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My point was that I didn't think that it was any set tactical decision to drop back after scoring, CH is just dealing with the way the game has gone, possibly due to the players being so used to immediately putting a wall up.
I don't disagree with you either! I don't think for one second it was a tactical plan to fall back on defence when one goal up. I daresay CH could have been screaming at them all week NOT to do just that - but they just do it anyway! It is, in my mind, CH's biggest challenge - to eradicate this culture in our club.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
lualua is only a good impact sub they said

Did they, not what I heard. Thought they said he had only previously been used as a good impact sub. Thought he was brilliant. Glad Dunk got man of the match though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good solid professional win that. Kayal, March and Lua Lua were great. I do like Hemed but he tired badly in the last half hour.

Great substitutions - good management. 9/10, loses a mark for not naming Bobby on the bench.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
We should definitely NOT sell Dunk.

Agree totally but I suppose it depends on how much we are offered sadly. If we want to push for promotion it would be best to keep him, irrespective of what is offered.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Thatll do for a start. We're top of the league! :)

Thought we wree a much more balanced dangerous team but as always we lost it a bit after we went ahead. Hughton needs to stop this self-destructiveness or we'll ahve another long season.

I don't see it as self destructiveness. Go ahead, sit in tight and draw the opposition out of position and then try and hit them on the break and if it works, you are 2-0 up and that makes it really difficult to come back after that and we did almost catch them on the break a couple of times after that where a bit more composure would have brought the 2nd goal.

I think we will be fine every time we go a goal up. If we go behind it will be interesting to see how we deal with that but all in all, a fairly accomplished performance tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports