Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Great support for a great fan!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
very worrying that we go back to one striker and Forest almost score.... after three plus years have we not worked out we're rubbish at sitting back and holding on to a lead!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
very worrying that we go back to one striker and Forest almost score.... after three plus years have we not worked out we're rubbish at sitting back and holding on to a lead!
I'm not sure that sitting back was an intentional choice, more that we're now under sustained pressure and CH is reacting to it by throwing on a defensive minded sub.

Same result either way, just a different thought process!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm not sure that sitting back was an intentional choice, more that we're now under sustained pressure and CH is reacting to it by throwing on a defensive minded sub.

Fair point but if that's supposed to be part of our repertoire why are we so bad at it... we always seem to be too deep.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Fair point but if that's supposed to be part of our repertoire why are we so bad at it... we always seem to be too deep.
I don't disagree with you, I get 'hanging on' this late in the game but no real need to early on, which us what we appear to do (based on previous seasons!).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Nice try - but how much did our team's ultra defensive mindset allow Forest to start applying pressure?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Nice try - but how much did our team's ultra defensive mindset allow Forest to start applying pressure?
I don't disagree that our default mindset is to defend on a lead, which I don't understand early on at all, never said that I did.

My point was that I didn't think that it was any set tactical decision to drop back after scoring, CH is just dealing with the way the game has gone, possibly due to the players being so used to immediately putting a wall up.

To my mind anyway, the joys of football and different perspectives!

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
FT 1-0. Fully deserved win, good substitutions by Hughton to protect the lead and a nicely played out last ten minutes or so. Bong and Hemed looked good, along with Bruno, KLL and Dunk. Good start :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports