Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The Official January Transfer Window Thread *******

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Perhaps he is out fundraising for Oldham's sponsorship fund ? :lolol:

You mean the PFA aren't bailing out their millionaire members by stepping in to replace lost sponsors?

Seriously. Very little ever happens early in the window. Maybe another loan in if we are lucky but permanent deals if any are surely most likely to be in the last few hours of the window.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Un named Championship club approaching Stephen Warnock from Leeds who is out of contract in the summer. Would be nice..

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm wondering if we'll do much business, if any at all. I think the squad is capable of surviving but the play offs are too distant, I could see Tony holding back the funds and Hughton having until the summer to assess the squad and see what he needs/wants.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Un named Championship club approaching Stephen Warnock from Leeds who is out of contract in the summer. Would be nice..

33 years old. Blimey didn't realize he was that old

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm wondering if we'll do much business, if any at all. I think the squad is capable of surviving but the play offs are too distant, I could see Tony holding back the funds and Hughton having until the summer to assess the squad and see what he needs/wants.

This is a realistic scenario. Play offs are definitely beyond us this year.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I agree with all of this, but it's key that we don't panic. I'd also rather we added quality rather than quantity. It also depends on availability. Chris Wood would be a good addition to the squad; otherwise we should perhaps get a striker on loan. Hughton has also mentioned midfield experience. That all depends on how far Stephens is away from game time.
If we can secure safety, and all our young players continue to play most of the time, that'll be fine for me this season. It was interesting that he started with all bar Walton on Saturday: Dunk, Ince, JFC and March.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Every time I've seen Chris Solly (@Charlton) play, I always think what a good combative, creative right back he is... 23 with 150 appearances for Charlton.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Apparently we were after Islam Feruz on loan last week from Chelsea:

Chelsea striker Islam Feruz has returned to Stamford Bridge - and won’t be signing for Cardiff City on loan.

The Scottish under-21 starlet, who was born in Somalia and grew up in Glasgow, spent last week on trial with Russell Slade’s squad with a view to signing until the end of this season.

But having failed to impress, the 19-year-old has returned to Jose Mourinho's star-studded squad to fight for recognition, as Slade insists no loan bid will be made.

Feruz still has four and a half years to run on his Blues contract and has just returned from a spell with Greek League club OFI Crete.

Mourinho was happy for him to play Championship football with Cardiff but Slade has sent him back.

“We’ve made a decision on Islam and he’s gone back to Chelsea,” said the Bluebirds boss after the 1-0 win against Fulham.

Bolton and Brighton were also linked with loan moves for Feruz last week, but the young striker came to South Wales after a dramatic late turnaround and a change of agents when the move had initially been called off.

But having decided Feruz would not add to the talent he already has at his disposal, Slade is looking elsewhere to strengthen his squad this month.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...s/chelsea-starlet-islam-feruz-returns-8421262

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

I've been thinking this for a couple of days. I'd like to think with Hughton here relegation is far less likely. The chances of landing a decent striker and midfielder in January are slim. Early days yet but the squad is not too shabby and signs are that Hughton will get them playing well. Six points from the next two home games will add weight to this arguement.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This is a realistic scenario. Play offs are definitely beyond us this year.

The play-offs may not be likely, but it is certainly not an impossibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here