Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The Official January Transfer Window Thread *******

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's not worth £3 million. I thought Nottingham Forest had an embargo in place ?
He's a goal scorer playing professional football.

Actual value and market value have absolutely nothing in common, for the next 31 days.

Has CoG taught you nothing?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Interesting that they mention in that article Eoin Doyle a good little striker at Chesterfield and that Derby face competition from Sheffield United to sign him for 2 million, this could affect the COG move to Sheffield therefore lumbering us with him for longer.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He's a goal scorer playing professional football.

Actual value and market value have absolutely nothing in common, for the next 31 days.

Has CoG taught you nothing?

To be fair, based on his 15 goals last season, you could argue when he signed that COG was a steal for us. Obviously, that's not been the case in reality but compared to other strikers at this level and goals to cost ratio, it could have been seen that way before the season.

As for Murray, I wouldn't pay £3 million for him. He's done okay at Reading on loan but doesn't sound like he's been amazing. He's also 31 and had a very serious injury not that long ago.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sky Sports "source" reporting Halford is to be re-signed as an emergency loan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As for Murray, I wouldn't pay £3 million for him. He's done okay at Reading on loan but doesn't sound like he's been amazing. He's also 31 and had a very serious injury not that long ago.

But none of that matters in the world of football, football finance, and most importantly GOALS.
Taking FFP out of the equation, how much value would Forest put on 12 extra goals for the rest of this season?
I think it would be a damn sight more than £3m, which is probably why they are in such a mess.

It's up to Murray's agent to convince Forest his man is the player to deliver those goals.
I'd imagine his 2 against us will go some way to proving that.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Looks like it might be

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus now1 minute ago
#bhafc on the verge of bringing Greg Halford back from Forest on loan for rest of the season.

Would be great news. Will hold my hands up and say I wasn't impressed when we signed Halford on loan but he has massively proved me wrong. Crucial part of the three game unbeaten run. Will also be on a free in the summer so hopefully can get him permanently then!

That should be the back five sorted for January. Goalkeeper is fine, full backs should be okay and now with four centre backs, that should be covered!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
But none of that matters in the world of football, football finance, and most importantly GOALS.
Taking FFP out of the equation, how much value would Forest put on 12 extra goals for the rest of this season?
I think it would be a damn sight more than £3m, which is probably why they are in such a mess.

It's up to Murray's agent to convince Forest his man is the player to deliver those goals.
I'd imagine his 2 against us will go some way to proving that.

Fair point but you can definitely get better value overseas. Look at Ulloa. That's where I'd rather we looked to be honest. I don't think we need a 30 goal striker to stay up so why throw your money at it now when there might be better value in the summer. I certainly wouldn't spend £3 million on Murray, although I would love to have him back if price was more realistic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair point but you can definitely get better value overseas. Look at Ulloa. That's where I'd rather we looked to be honest. I don't think we need a 30 goal striker to stay up so why throw your money at it now when there might be better value in the summer. I certainly wouldn't spend £3 million on Murray, although I would love to have him back if price was more realistic.
The last thing Forest, and to a lesser extend Derby, (how long can they hold that team together) need is more of a gamble.

They need promotion this season, they need goals.

"After his 2 goals last week, x goals so far this season & following on from his Premier League goals, Glenn can sign today and be at training tomorrow, but all that comes at a price."

Sadly, for everybody connected to football, that price is astronomically high.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Would be great news. Will hold my hands up and say I wasn't impressed when we signed Halford on loan but he has massively proved me wrong. Crucial part of the three game unbeaten run. Will also be on a free in the summer so hopefully can get him permanently then.
My hands are up too, guilty as charged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here