Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 Career Thread

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
First game I got him fit he got injured, now out for 3-4 months :nono:

I couldn't handle the pressure at Brighton, going to start a new game with a bigger challenge

Keeps happening to me. He'd be out for 3 weeks, get back to 99% fitness then play one game and be out for another month. Probably worth flogging him asap.
I've just been sacked after getting 29 points from 22 games and being 6 points off play-offs in 13th place- completely out of the blue. No financial problems, team morale was high and I hadn't applied for any other jobs. First time I have ever been sacked on a Football Manager game! Can't quite believe it.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Anyone managed to get Vicente to play more than 10 games in a season yet?!

He played 25 or so in my first season, and I decided not to renew his contract as a) he hadn't really stood out very often and b) the £15k wages could be better spent elsewhere

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Right , Gurus of FM

going into my second season , I need two/three 3*+ Goalkeepers , who do you guys suggest?

and how many do you feel is the mix for a decent size squad (overall)

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm sick of BHA and I've not even finished a season, I'm always like this with the Albion, just can't use them on games like this or FIFA unless it's online.

I think I'll try for a pentagon but I dunno because I already did that last year, only got 3/5 though....

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just won the league cup and in the final of the FA against Liverpool.

Finished the league in 12th after my 3rd season in the prem 4th overall. It has been a hard slog (nearly left to join Sunderland!!) with Brighton but i feel the good times are just around the corner.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just finished possibly the best season I have ever had in 16 years of playing FM. Managing Bishops Stortford in the BSN, with no money and a wage budget of 2000 pounds we won our first 31 games in the league, completing promotion on game 31, got to the FA cup fifth round before losing to WBA (admittedly the only league team we beat was Bournemouth on the way) and won the FA trophy. This game is going to run and run.....

Quick query, anyone know how to add a background picture to the dark skin?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Right , Gurus of FM

going into my second season , I need two/three 3*+ Goalkeepers , who do you guys suggest?

and how many do you feel is the mix for a decent size squad (overall)

Heaton or Lewis.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Finished champions in my first season - Best defensive record and most goals scored. Went on 20 odd match unbeaten run (including smashing Palace 5-1) before losing to second placed Leicester at their place near the end of the season. Hoskins got 30 and Harley was amazing, CMS out most of the season and Vicente injured then on bench for most of the season because of Harley and LuaLua (have signed him up for couple more years though). Bloom stopped work on the new training ground with 4 months until completion and won't increase the stadium because of money. He has given me £18 mill for the premier league season though, think I'm going to need it squad is weak.

Beginning of July team looks like

-----------Amos--------------

Calde--Dunk/Loovens--Greer--Lee Wallace (Signed from Ranger £2.6 mill)

-------Bridcutt--Livermore-------

Buckley--Harley--LuaLua/Noone

---------Hoskins--------------

Definitely a work in progress. Want a new RB (Palace won't sell me Clyne) and a Poacher type player. Signed some good youth players and had a superb 16 year old come through

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Definitely a work in progress. Want a new RB (Palace won't sell me Clyne) and a Poacher type player. Signed some good youth players and had a superb 16 year old come through

Managed to get Clyne on my game at the end of the first season, took a £3.5m bid though.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Heaton or Lewis.

Missed out on Heaton , got Lewis - also Paul Smith and Mikkel Andersen , missed out on Amos

got rid of most of the squad - only Greer, Dunk, Bridcutt, Vicente (who has done well for me) , Noone (who hasn't but worth having) , Buckley , Kasim , Rodger , Caskey , Cumming-Bart , Mackail-Smith , Hoskins , Barnes (who's been shocking but great for the last few minutes of games) and Bergkamp (who's been class) have survived

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
Always look at NSC but never signed up, but had to for FM2012 talk. Always used people on here to find decent players ... the reason i bought Mouche so i thought i'll try return the favoour.

Won championship in my first season on the last game of the season.
I signed:
Hildebrand on a free, was brilliant.
Mouche for 250k
Danny Rose on season long loan and was a top player.
Also got Andrew Davies for 1million.
Gutted... i missed out on LuaLua for the 1million clause...as he was top class but got injured so wouldn't pass medical so i lost out on him.

Top scorer was Mouche with 19 goals and 11 assists.
Mackail-Smith was also in the first team til Jan but was average strangely Barnes was better so he was in the first team from Jan
CMS got 8 goals and Barnes got 10
Vicente was Brilliant with 16 goals.

Now in my first season in the prem and currently 11th after a run of bad form 3draws and 2 defeats in the last 5
Little secret for transfers... Go to the SPL as the players are cheap even the really good ones!

In:
Ritchie De Laet 625k - been really good as can play all across the back four
John Fleck from Rangers 3.5Million ( going to try get Steven Davis start of the next season)
Paddy McCourt from Celtic 2million
Johnny Russell from Dundee 575k Top scorer so far
Gregg Wydle from Rangers for 500k
Ross Perry from Rangers 70k
Kyle Naughton 1.5million from tottenham and Whittaker from Rangers 1.4 million - both have been outstanding
Joe Lewis on a free - first team keeper
Kyle Bartley 3m from Arsenal - Been top so far
Nathan Redmond from Birmingham for 2.5 million (Highly Reccomend this as he becomes amazing, dont know how i got for 2.5 because they wanted 12.5 at first then accepted a 2.5 bid)
Adel Tarrabt from QPR 3.8Million
Emmanuel Thomas Ipswich for 1.2 Million (Bargain)

I did kind of sign half of the Rangers team but take advantage of the cheap players due to the teams economic status.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Two games into first PL season; Sunderland (A) 2-0 win and this;

Untitled-10.jpg

Full update at end of season - but it's looking good so far!

Spoon

May 31, 2009
So I'm in 7th in the Prem halfway through the 3rd season
Team is
Volkan Demirel (turkish international)
Jordan Spence, Matthew Upson, Stefan Savic (from City), John Arne Riise
Stijn Schaars
Sulley Muntari, Esteban Granero
Craig Noone, Marc Albrighton
Marcus Berg/ Jay Rodriguez

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
Ended my second season finished comfortably in 12th.

New signings so far... Bobby Zamora! 3m + extras
Yaya Sonogo from Man city for 5m + extras
Micheal Bradley on a free, highly reccomend this signing, didnt want to talk at first then when he finally left his club he did and wanted only 20k a week.

First Team
GK - Lewes Sub Gk Hildebraind
LB - Kyle Naughton
CB - Andrew Davies, Kyle Bartley, (Dunk And Perry both young and poteintal, Still got Greer)
RB -Steven Whittaker (Richard De Laet - Cover, plays LB,RB and CB)
LM - Gregg Wydle (Vincente Cover)
CM-Emmanuel-Thomas/Micheal Bradley (defensive) Adel Tarabbt or John Fleck (Attacking)
RM- Nathan Redmond/ Paddy McCourt (Buckley 3rd 2.5 stars still got poteintal for 3.5
FWD's- Zamora! Sanogo (Mouche Barnes Russell Bench)

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
My 3rd season, finished 12th in the prem last season. i think i have agreat team but now lost my first 5 leagues games and sit bottom of the table...Cant understand why?
Any ideas on how to turn it around?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Granted only 3 games in but not bad for first season in Prem, I'm quite proud!

Champ.png

Attachments

• Champ.png
    Champ.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 129

GatwickEmployee

Aug 30, 2008
Horley, Surrey
Finally finished the demo and will buy the full game soon.... Playing as Brighton and finished the demo in 5th just 3 points behind Birmingham who are top!!
Signings made - Nigel Quashie and Josh Wright both Central Midfielders and both on free transfers, two new goalkeepers in Paul Smith from Notts Forest
and Lukas Hradecky from Esbjerg for 200k. Angergren, Brezovan, Painter and Poke all sold. On loan i got Kane Hemmings(CF) from Rangers, Ben Gordon(LB) from
Chelsea, Andrew Davies(CB) from Stoke and then two signings from my parent club Tottenham in Andros Townsend and Jake Livermore...... Made the
League Cup Quarter Finals beating Crawley 4-1, Newcastle 2-1, Everton 3-2, Fulham 3-2 and then finally losing to Swansea 4-1. Best players so far are CMS
with 14 goals and 6 assists, KLL with 6 goals and Hoskins with 7 goals. Going to have to sell Barnes as he can't score and need to invest in some new full
backs now the transfer window is open. Greer, Noone and CMS all wanted so transfer window could be interesting............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here