Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Whoops!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358698039.362979.jpg

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Since when was Heath Rd the steepest in town there is hardly a rise in it compared to a number of others like Franklynn Rd, Edward Rd, Wivlesfield Rd. Westen Rd to name just a few.

The west end had been gritted but the east end looked like black ice.:blush::blush::nono::cry:

Not disputing that but it is hardly a steep hill

I think you will find that the end which drops to the broadway is very steep and gets shut most times there is any snow. I went past yesterday and the police had shut it again. I don't think the roads you mentioned have police shut signs on them

There is no doubt there are steeper roads, and I will try to be precise in any future posts. I should have realised that a throwaway remark made to make a point would be picked up by a pedant. I forgot I was on NSC

Last edited:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I think you will find that the end which drops to the broadway is very steep and gets shut most times there is any snow. I went past yesterday and the police had shut it again. I don't think the roads you mentioned have police shut signs on them

There is no doubt there are steeper roads, and I will try to be precise in any future posts. I should have realised that a throwaway remark made to make a point would be picked up by a pedant. I forgot I was on NSC

no, its just everyone on his own snow thread turned on him with his first post. So he thought he'd spoil this one for everyone else.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Please drive slowly and carefully on the roads tonight!!!

A23 and A27 are horrendous. I didn't see one gritting lorry out tonight, probably because it costs too much to pay Sunday rate.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Working 35 miles from home my options were limited!

You should have done what my colleague has done today. He has said he can't make it in. Manager has offered him a free taxi. He lives in Moulescoomb. Works at Amex House. Says the taxi won't come up his road as too icy. I suggested maybe he you know, walks down the hill. Manager says he can't insist because if he slips company are liable. Wants me to come in on my night off instead. He got a one word response to that request.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
You should have done what my colleague has done today. He has said he can't make it in. Manager has offered him a free taxi. He lives in Moulescoomb. Works at Amex House. Says the taxi won't come up his road as too icy. I suggested maybe he you know, walks down the hill. Manager says he can't insist because if he slips company are liable. Wants me to come in on my night off instead. He got a one word response to that request.

That's his card marked for the next round of redundancies.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

go to his road, salt the path, and then take photos to prove he was trying to scrounge a day off work :thumbsup:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
When I left for work on Friday morning there wasn't any snow so it would have looked a bit odd me saying that wouldn't it?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

There seems to be so many unhappy with there jobs! why, if you unhappy there change and do something you like doing, You spend a very high percentage of you life at work, so it need to be something you enjoy. I've been there, hated what i did and whinged and bitched about it to anyone who would listen. so went out and changed to something i like.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Please drive slowly and carefully on the roads tonight!!!

A23 and A27 are horrendous. I didn't see one gritting lorry out tonight, probably because it costs too much to pay Sunday rate.

Utter bollox. Plenty of gritting activity going on.

D

Deleted User X18H

This has been at the bottom of The Drove since Friday. BBFZ9qnCUAAFLnz[1].jpg

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Utter bollox. Plenty of gritting activity going on.

Just noticed this on the Argus Website:

A23 East Sussex

A23 Live travel

Snow and ice on A23 both ways between A27 (Brighton) and M23 J11 (Pease Pottage, Crawley). The road is nearly impassable, especially on the hilly sections. Lots of vehicles are sliding off the road.

Last updated 12 minutes ago

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Just noticed this on the Argus Website:

A23 East Sussex

A23 Live travel

Snow and ice on A23 both ways between A27 (Brighton) and M23 J11 (Pease Pottage, Crawley). The road is nearly impassable, especially on the hilly sections. Lots of vehicles are sliding off the road.

Last updated 12 minutes ago

For this reason I've booked myself into the travel tavern rather than try to drive home from work tonight. Not worth the risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here