The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Without wishing to get all slushy in this thread ain't it great that our derby will be played in front of 30,000 fans on Sunday. Who'd have though that 5 years ago. Unbelievable.

2-2 draw for me. With Palace coming from 2-0 down leaving us gutted!

The real let down-thanks to Palace is that they cannot have 5,000 of their fans within the ground,still if they are to give us 3,200 and 2,600 for our last visits,they reap what they sow,it was the police they will tell us in reply.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Brighton v Palace, 7 days and counting .

You might not be, but I'd imagine your team is. Not a single shot on target away to the team bottom of the league, losing 1-0 undeservedly to Bolton away from home then having Ashley Barnes sent off for a ridiculously stupid reason in the 94th minute.

If you don't win at Barnsley your play-off credentials will also take a massive hit. The pressure might get to them for our game if you get anything other than 3 points on Tuesday.

WTF are you talking about even if we lose Tuesday we are still within a point of the playoffs how exactly is that a massive hit?

Glad you pointed out we lost undeservingly away as that will be the general feeling in the squad and can't see it impacting them that much to be honest. As for Bristol check out their home form a very tough place to go at the moment but then you would know that as your mob got slaughtered in your game there.

Now run along back to the BBS and leave the adults to have a sensible conversation

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
WTF are you talking about even if we lose Tuesday we are still within a point of the playoffs how exactly is that a massive hit?

If you lose on Tuesday it'll be three defeats in a row. Momentum is crucial at this stage of the season and Brighton taking 0 points from 9 combined with the fantastic form of Forest and Bolton means that a defeat against Barnsley would be devastating.

As for Bristol check out their home form a very tough place to go at the moment but then you would know that as your mob got slaughtered in your game there.

A Palace team that hardly resembles our current squad as we made 6 signings after that game and we were missing Murray, lost to Bristol City away from home. Then again - we actually had a shot on target :cool:

So who out of the Palace lot on here got tickets for Sunday?

:bigwave:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You might not be, but I'd imagine your team is. Not a single shot on target away to the team bottom of the league, losing 1-0 undeservedly to Bolton away from home then having Ashley Barnes sent off for a ridiculously stupid reason in the 94th minute.

If you don't win at Barnsley your play-off credentials will also take a massive hit. The pressure might get to them for our game if you get anything other than 3 points on Tuesday.

dream on

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

If you lose on Tuesday it'll be three defeats in a row. Momentum is crucial at this stage of the season and Brighton taking 0 points from 9 combined with the fantastic form of Forest and Bolton means that a defeat against Barnsley would be devastating.

A Palace team that hardly resembles our current squad as we made 6 signings after that game and we were missing Murray, lost to Bristol City away from home. Then again - we actually had a shot on target :cool:

:bigwave:

You do know we drew at Bristol?

Disappointing yes, devastating ha ha must try harder!!

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You do know we drew at Bristol?

Disappointing yes, devastating ha ha must try harder!!

Oops. My mistake. For some reason the fact that you didn't have a single shot on target made me think you had lost.

1 point from 9 would be devastating at this stage of the season however you try to wrap it up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Bristol City are an in form team at the moment , they beat a play off chasing side yesterday. I've also seen Murray sent off twice whilst playing for us by raising his arm and deliberately handling the ball when he already had a yellow card. The pressure will also be on Palace if Hull beat Burnley tomorrow night as a gap could open up on Saturday evening between Cardiff , Watford , Hull and the rest of the chasers.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Oops. My mistake. For some reason the fact that you didn't have a single shot on target made me think you had lost.

1 point from 9 would be devastating at this stage of the season however you try to wrap it up.

1 point from 3 away games would be disappointing but however you try and wrap it up it is not devastating. A you should know only too well having shocking away form does not necessarily mean you are out of the hunt.

But thanks for taking such a keen interest in our results your obsession with us is kinda sweet even if a little creepy/stalky

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Bristol City are an in form team at the moment , they beat a play off chasing side yesterday. I've also seen Murray sent off twice whilst playing for us by raising his arm and deliberately handling the ball when he already had a yellow card. The pressure will also be on Palace if Hull beat Burnley tomorrow night as a gap could open up on Saturday evening between Cardiff , Watford , Hull and the rest of the chasers.

Not too worried about Hull. They weren't very impressive against us and we convincingly outplayed them.

I've never seen Murray sent off as he has never been sent off for Palace. He always seems completely calm, and most importantly completely lethal in front of goal.

A you should know only too well having shocking away form does not necessarily mean you are out of the hunt.

As long as your home form is fantastic - which ours is. We expect to win every single game at home and most of the time we do.

I can`t believe so many people on both sides are dreading this! I can`t wait. I am absolutely confident and I know if we play well we are more than a match for anyone in this division. We are going to absolutely batter the *******s. If you are not looking forward to this game there is something wrong with you. This is what being a football fan is all about . It`s only tin-pot palace we`re playing, get a `king backbone. SSSSEEAAAGGUULLLLLSSS!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think this is the biggest Palace Brighton derby in a long time, its not just about beating rivals but of course it comes at a crucial point in the season and the first game with all the extra seats in. Just hope the game lives up to expectations and we get a result..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not too worried about Hull. They weren't very impressive against us and we convincingly outplayed them.

They only need to win tomorrow and at home to Forest on Saturday and you could be 6 points behind them this time next week.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I can`t believe so many people on both sides are dreading this! I can`t wait. I am absolutely confident and I know if we play well we are more than a match for anyone in this division. We are going to absolutely batter the *******s. If you are not looking forward to this game there is something wrong with you. This is what being a football fan is all about . It`s only tin-pot palace we`re playing, get a `king backbone. SSSSEEAAAGGUULLLLLSSS!!

The meetings over the last 40 years dictates that over confidence means you have further to fall when it all goes belly up. Anything can happen in a local derby and form normally goes out the window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports