The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am nervous about this one and hope we get an Albion win as I always hate to lose to Palace. I would have more confidence if we weren't two strikers down. A difficult one to call but think it will be 2-1 result which will hopefully go our way. I still regret Gus's decision to let Murray go - I have no resentment towards him just sadness that we allowed him to go.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I agree that was a tour de force and written from the heart and in the best traditions of NSC. But just so I (we) are clear what the new Google Friendly landscape on here looks like, can I ask why you have read it but not edited / deleted the bit about "wankers" and Holloway being a "dick." ?

Its a genuine question, because I thought this was the sort of thing that was going to be met with infractions etc, instead of "Great post :thumbsup:"

(Incidentally, it's not just NSC that is tying itself in knots in an attempt not to offend anyone anymore. I was just looking at my little boy's Thomas the Tank Engine set that I bought him last week and see that The Fat Controller has now inexplicably been re-branded as "The Stout Gentleman.")

To be honest up until recently I have always deemed you to be a decent poster on NSC, looking at the thread you started yesterday and the above comment, and one or two other posts of recent times, I don't think your intentions are much above stirring and causing issues for Mods / NSC, why? I really don' know, only you do.

Like everyone else, if you think something is wrong, please do use the "Report" button on each post. :thumbsup:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Not looking forward to it at all. Has nightmare written all over it, if we can keep 11 men on the pitch then I think a draw. Glad BArnes is not in for the home matches, means he has to play more flair

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Brighton v Palace, 7 days and counting .

isn't it their turn to have two sent off...?? or is it ours..?? i can't remember....can anyone else...??

No-one ever gets sent off against us. Even two footed knee high tackles (e.g. Neil Danns) only warrant a yellow card for opposing teams when they play us.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Palace are in for a nasty surprise.
They went 9 consecutive away games without a win through Nov, Dec, Jan & Feb a run which included defeats at deadbeats Hudders & Burnley.
We have the best 3 players in the division Vicente to run rings around their defence, Bridge & PIG to stifle any attacks.
We are MONSTERS at home this season : no'one can live with us
I have seen every match of a 10 game unbeaten phase & we are near the start of another such period of dominance.
The Fire Alarm will start in the South end from about 80 minutes & leave their season irrevocably damaged simultaneously empowering us with the confidence to prevail on Bank Holiday Monday

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
To be honest up until recently I have always deemed you to be a decent poster on NSC, looking at the thread you started yesterday and the above comment, and one or two other posts of recent times, I don't think your intentions are much above stirring and causing issues for Mods / NSC, why? I really don' know, only you do.

Like everyone else, if you think something is wrong, please do use the "Report" button on each post. :thumbsup:

I can assure you that is not the case (well the bit about "decent poster" obviously is, just not the other stuff!). I was just seeking some clarity.
In the last couple of days I have also started threads inviting posters to suggest ways of funding NSC in the future, made many suggestions myself and generally tried to highlight the issue. I don't envy Bozza the decision on how to fund NSC, but I have always been more than happy to contribute to the debate. The thread you are referring to from last night that may have caused issues wouldn't have even been a blip on a moderator's radar in the past. A quick skim through "Gold" suggests that most of the threads in there would have been culled had we been GoogleAds friendly back then, which would be a shame and diminish what is the essence of NSC.

I've generally always enjoyed coming on here, mostly the non-football stuff to be honest, but I am concerned that being beholden to Google, whilst it may fund the site, will make it a site less worth visiting. Just my opinion.

No need to ban me for stirring / causing issues / disagreeing etc as I think I'll go before this place becomes MumsNet.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I'm really optimistic about this one and think that we''ll keep Palace down to single figures. Murray will score no more than 4. I will never forgive our great fuhrer for the humiliating defeat last season and the tactictal ineptude that precipitated it.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Re: Brighton v Palace, 7 days and counting .

Hmm, don't get me wrong, I'm no expert on your team and I'm pleased to hear that but Ulloa seems to be turning out to be, disappointingly, a success and Vicente looks to be very good player so you have an attacking threat for sure.

Yep, true enough however we have a tough one away on Tuesday up at Barnsley so not even thinking about the starting eleven for next Sunday until that one is out of the way! Enjoy ya day out next week........but not too much.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

We need six points from the next two games or we'll be off the pace with Forest, Middlesbrough and Bolton. Two wins on the bounce though will hopefully see us fifth and looking comfortable. I don't like to over hype things but I do see the next two games as massive.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Palace don't travel well,we could surprise.

Hardly a suprise if you win, in fact you're easily the favourites for this given your recent Amex form and our patchy away record. Can see plenty of goals in this, but think it will be honours even in the end, 2-2.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I agree that was a tour de force and written from the heart and in the best traditions of NSC. But just so I (we) are clear what the new Google Friendly landscape on here looks like, can I ask why you have read it but not edited / deleted the bit about "wankers" and Holloway being a "dick." ?

Its a genuine question, because I thought this was the sort of thing that was going to be met with infractions etc, instead of "Great post :thumbsup:"

(Incidentally, it's not just NSC that is tying itself in knots in an attempt not to offend anyone anymore. I was just looking at my little boy's Thomas the Tank Engine set that I bought him last week and see that The Fat Controller has now inexplicably been re-branded as "The Stout Gentleman.")

Who's The Stout Gentleman in the black?
Who's The Stout Gentleman in the black...?

No, doesn't have the same ring to it.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You need to start well to have a chance and get a lead. We are a second half side more often than not (although are suceptible to muggings as yesterday showed !) and the only things stopping me from thinking a comfortable win is our poor away form and that it's the big one.

Our defence is ok but not great, so if you get a decent striker in that will be a big bonus for you especially after Barnes had a brain freeze yesterday.

If you can stop Williams, Moritz, Bolasie, Zaha and Murray then fair play to you.

Repeat of last year I think 3-1 Palace

You forgot King Kev...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports