[Albion] The "Official" Albion Fan Advisory Board thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How many of these travel problems are the result of fans choices?

The choice to go into town to drink and get the last train before kick off when there is a mad rush, rather than head to the ground earlier on emptier trains and drink there?

Choosing to head to the trains/buses at (or a little before) the final whistle?

How much improvement would those who need to get to the ground on the last train, and need to leave at full time see if more people who don't need to arrived a little earlier, left a little later?

If the rain while queuing after the game is such a ball ache, why not wait in the concourse? You're not getting away if you're stood in the queue.

(edit: this may also require people to recognise the difference between actual need and preference/convenience)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How many of these travel problems are the result of fans choices?

The choice to go into town to drink and get the last train before kick off when there is a mad rush, rather than head to the ground earlier on emptier trains and drink there?

Choosing to head to the trains/buses at (or a little before) the final whistle?

How much improvement would those who need to get to the ground on the last train, and need to leave at full time see if more people who don't need to arrived a little earlier, left a little later?

If the rain while queuing after the game is such a ball ache, why not wait in the concourse? You're not getting away if you're stood in the queue.

(edit: this may also require people to recognise the difference between actual need and preference/convenience)

You f***ing idiot :lolol: fan choices to expect to arrive in good time before an event and leave in similar time after an event?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have an electric dishwasher. Washing up by hand is like buying a dog and barking myself :shrug:
These appliances are there to make our lives easier, by not having to do the menial tasks
I do not have a dishwasher. Its just one of those boring little tasks I'm not bothered about doing, as long as I've got the radio or a pod on to listen to.

And on the subject in hand - ONE ceramic mug - it would take you all of 13 seconds to rinse it, if that. Its not like you're cleaning up after a Sunday roast 🤷‍♂️

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You f***ing idiot :lolol: fan choices to expect to arrive in good time before an event and leave in similar time after an event?
I would suggest if one "expects to arrive/leave in good time" when 25,000 people are deciding to travel at exactly the same time on limited numbers of buses and trains, those expectations are unrealistic.

I haven't done a survey, I don't know what percentage, but I would be quite surprised if there wasn't a significant number of people who could make travel easier and more pleasant for themselves and other fans by not leaving it until late to get the trains/P+R buses, and not rush off as soon as the game ends or shortly before).

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I do not have a dishwasher. Its just one of those boring little tasks I'm not bothered about doing, as long as I've got the radio or a pod on to listen to.

And on the subject in hand - ONE ceramic mug - it would take you all of 13 seconds to rinse it, if that. Its not like you're cleaning up after a Sunday roast 🤷‍♂️
I find it's one of those boring tasks that I don't WANT to do, hence the dishwasher! I could wash my Albion mugs up separately, but etc,etc :tantrum:

Nicks

Get Guinness on draft in 1901 and get rid of those poxy machines they've installed this season. Hardly any of the staff know how they work. I've seen it take up 5 bar staff to pour one pint. Even if the staff member does know how it works it takes bloody ages to pour.
They can't pour Harvey's Gold in Dicks Bar properly since it's been open so you have no chance

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Pffft! The problem is other fans!
I would take responsibility for crowding buses or trains, but I make the choice to walk rather than take up space on buses or trains that can be used by people who don't have the option of walking.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
2 was obviously an admin error and was corrected? It happens…..
3 - why not ? It doesn’t really matter does it ? It was only for T1 and there’s plenty of time to get tickets. Also, going on sale at the same time meant you could get what you wanted with one transaction rather than two.

1 is the big deal atm - they have to clear baskets before a new tier opens.

The full notes from tonight's FAB meeting will be out later tonight or tomorrow morning.

However, in the meantime, we have had a response from the club regarding the Tickets in a Basket issue:

"We have been looking at a better solution and from Tuesday’s on sale onwards we will be operating a queueing system before each on sale. This will effectively mean every fan holding seats will be removed from the tickets site, they must then enter a queue and only allowed to enter the site once the on sale opens. The change will be that 30 minutes before an on sale window the sales for games will effectively close whilst everyone is removed from the site and then have to queue to get in for the next on sale window.

We have to schedule these with a third party so it’s not entirely within our control but we think it’s the fairest and best route moving forwards."

Whilst it is inevitable that this will disappoint a few fans, the FAB believe this will be a popular move and a fairer way for all. :thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The full notes from tonight's FAB meeting will be out later tonight or tomorrow morning.

However, in the meantime, we have had a response from the club regarding the Tickets in a Basket issue:

"We have been looking at a better solution and from Tuesday’s on sale onwards we will be operating a queueing system before each on sale. This will effectively mean every fan holding seats will be removed from the tickets site, they must then enter a queue and only allowed to enter the site once the on sale opens. The change will be that 30 minutes before an on sale window the sales for games will effectively close whilst everyone is removed from the site and then have to queue to get in for the next on sale window.

We have to schedule these with a third party so it’s not entirely within our control but we think it’s the fairest and best route moving forwards."

Whilst it is inevitable that this will disappoint a few fans, the FAB believe this will be a popular move and a fairer way for all. :thumbsup:

Well done

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good stuff- it’s the right thing to do.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Blimey; really?

To be clear, I’m not questioning the veracity of the statement, just that the club (have to?) rely on a 3rd party to do something so simple…
I suspect as ultimately this system is outsourced

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports