Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Official" Albion Fan Advisory Board thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
PB and TB will 100% know the issues with transport- what could be better perhaps is some communication about what they’re doing about it (or trying to do - strongly suspect they are trying allsorts but are hamstrung by a crap and disengaged railway setup that doesn’t give a shit, a lack of suitable buses to improve the P&R flow and a lack of any suitable sites for additional P&R or near-site parking). Having one or both of them ‘suffer’ the experience won’t change that. Spending hundreds of thousands on covering the walkways for essentially half a dozen days a year doesn’t sound like good use of cash imo.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Five minute job. I'm surprised PBOBE hasn't approached you to project manage it.

I don't think I've ever been to a school in this country that didn't have covered walkways. If your local primary school can find the funds and the where withal to organise such a thing why do you think its so ludicrous to think the football club with £200mil in annual turnover and a staff now in the thousands can't be expected to do the same?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think I've ever been to a school in this country that didn't have covered walkways. If your local primary school can find the funds and the where withal to organise such a thing why do you think its so ludicrous to think the football club with £200mil in annual turnover and a staff now in the thousands can't be expected to do the same?
Covered walkways to the school bus? Course they don't. My thirteen year old daughter waits in the rain for the bus to and from school, even when it's pouring down. Not really too hard to ask some grown adults to do the same, especially when they currently have the option of staying indoors with a beer until there's no queue and will soon have a fanzone to do the same in.

:facepalm:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
improve the toilets in WSU, 6 sinks in the wrong place at the moment and 4 dryers again wrong place. too many NOT washing their hands.... Probably need more seated areas and more urinals . 4 deep at half time is really not healthy.
Agree with the comment about the the hand dryers and general lack of seated toilets. The dryers are in the worst possible position as you have to fight through the queue to get near them after using the sink - possibly they're not allowed to be close to the water, but it's never worked logistically. Likewise, the queues around the bar at the North end in WSU which make it difficult to move anywhere at the top of the stairs. Getting rid of the TV there might help. And another vote too for more of the beer vending machines, which are about 10x quicker than the humans, give you the drink you ordered and it's not flat.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
PB and TB will 100% know the issues with transport- what could be better perhaps is some communication about what they’re doing about it (or trying to do - strongly suspect they are trying allsorts but are hamstrung by a crap and disengaged railway setup that doesn’t give a shit, a lack of suitable buses to improve the P&R flow and a lack of any suitable sites for additional P&R or near-site parking). Having one or both of them ‘suffer’ the experience won’t change that. Spending hundreds of thousands on covering the walkways for essentially half a dozen days a year doesn’t sound like good use of cash imo.
With regards to the trains there is very little they can do. I understand they do have more of a hands on responsibility for the traffic management regarding the ingress and egress of the car parks/park and rides.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I do not accept that errecting a cover for P&R Queues would cost a great deal

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Covered walkways to the school bus? Course they don't. My thirteen year old daughter waits in the rain for the bus to and from school, even when it's pouring down. Not really too hard to ask some grown adults to do the same, especially when they currently have the option of staying indoors with a beer until there's no queue and will soon have a fanzone to do the same in.

:facepalm:

Oh I see, you're just being deliberately obtuse now, or thick? Quite possibly the latter :lolol:

You see, if I was the father of a 13 year old girl standing in the pissing rain I'd be wondering why there aren't bus shelters, as is common up and down this country. Maybe I just have higher expectations in life than you though?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is a thread about the FAB and given that they've already fed back the covered walkway issue and PB/TB noted it but the board has taken the choice that investing in the fan zone was a better use of Bloom's ££ than investing in covered walkways. and argued that probably it will have more impact on ingoings/outgoings and transport flow.
If you think the response should be - a) we request that the senior team queue up in the rain on matchdays and b) we request that you get better quotes as its not much ££ or c) we think that TB should abandon the fanzone in favour of this scheme then fair enough.

But not sure its going to get much of a hearing.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Get Guinness on draft in 1901 and get rid of those poxy machines they've installed this season. Hardly any of the staff know how they work. I've seen it take up 5 bar staff to pour one pint. Even if the staff member does know how it works it takes bloody ages to pour.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Oh I see, you're just being deliberately obtuse now, or thick? Quite possibly the latter :lolol:

You see, if I was the father of a 13 year old girl standing in the pissing rain I'd be wondering why there aren't bus shelters, as is common up and down this country. Maybe I just have higher expectations in life than you though?
You think one bus shelter covers an entire secondary school's worth of kids at kicking out time? :facepalm:

There is, in fact, a similar level of cover, proportionally, to Falmer station post match.

HTH.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No its the The "Official" Albion Fan Advisory Board Constructive Criticism thread

It's not even that.

It's the self-interest petty moans and gripes which at no point ever look at the bigger picture thread.

It's an absolutely glorious example as you why FAB is either on a hiding to nothing or just doomed to fail, depending on whether your a glass half full or half empty kind of person.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Put plastic cup dispensers by the water machines in WSU - at the moment you have to try and get them from a kiosk or from the DIY beer machines both of which aren't totally inconvenient but do inconvenience other fans a bit as you try and fight through to get to them. It'd be great if there was a better queueing system for kiosks in WSU too. I don't know what that'd look like but at half time and sometimes before kick-off it's a right pain moving through the queues along the concourse and toilet queues are also often so long they go outside the door from the loos by W3D and out into the concourse too.

WSU does seem like a bit of a poor relation to the other stands in my very humble opinion, but wouldn't swap the view or the people I sit around for anything.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
You really are trying to vie with Chailey for title of NSC's most condescending and-yet very obviously wrong bore aren't you?

6meters wide - 20meters long - £92k

We'd need what, 5, possibly 10? So that's about 500k-£1mil of expenses. I reckon the club can find that money from somewhere? Obvious first point of savings in my view would be stop wasting money on a women's team who will never win anything.
As a civil engineer, I can absolutely guarantee it's not that simple.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It's not even that.

It's the self-interest petty moans and gripes which at no point ever look at the bigger picture thread.

It's an absolutely glorious example as you why FAB is either on a hiding to nothing or just doomed to fail, depending on whether your a glass half full or half empty kind of person.
Or the 'couldn't possibly put up with a bit of rain in winter' thread :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here