Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
If you watch no college football all year, make sure you catch these 6, plus the national championship on 9 January

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...otball-bowls-new-years-six-matchups-announced

I've watched the College football every weekend this season after not seeing any for 20+ years...absolutely loved it. Aside from those "big" Bowl games, there are some great match-ups in the rest of the games too.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/college-football-bowl-schedule.php

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
C'mon Indy! We get Luck back tonight, if we can squeeze past the Jets it's a 3 way tie for 1st in the AFC south with us, Houston and Titans all 6-6. Sets up a masssssivvve game v Houston at LOS next Sunday.

Don't forgot that the Colts, Titans and Texans all have a free win against Jacksonville to come, should be a good shoot out for the crappest division in football. I'm backing the Titans, sadly.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Interesting to watch Bortles close up. His decision making is poor but he isn't helped by some bad drops. He is well protected by his offensive line so it isn't the pressure. The coaching is questionable. The fans today were turning on both Bortles and Bradley.

There was so much orange in the crowd today it was almost like a Broncos home game.

Strangest part of my visit was talking at half time to a couple of pastors, one of whom was the official Jaguars chaplain. I struggled to resist making comments about the Jags need for some divine intervention.

Good weekend and flying home tomorrow. Will post some photos when I get back

The fans turned on Bradley and the team a long time ago, Bradley should have been canned after last season, his record now is 14-48. This is his poorest season to date. Earlier in the year a few of the Jags players were on social media saying the fans don't understand football and that booing is hurting the players confidence. Allen Robinson, a pro bowl WR last season, would drop his testicles if they weren't in a bag. I think Bortles is salvageable, but he needs a proper head coach rather than a cheerleader. I feel sorry for the defence, they're actually a good unit.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Gutted that Chiefs v Raiders is early morning Friday, easily going to be a huge game as it'll determine who will go into playoffs and who is going to the wild card round, the two sides have a fierce rivalry as well so plenty of chips on the table

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
The fans turned on Bradley and the team a long time ago, Bradley should have been canned after last season, his record now is 14-48. This is his poorest season to date. Earlier in the year a few of the Jags players were on social media saying the fans don't understand football and that booing is hurting the players confidence. Allen Robinson, a pro bowl WR last season, would drop his testicles if they weren't in a bag. I think Bortles is salvageable, but he needs a proper head coach rather than a cheerleader. I feel sorry for the defence, they're actually a good unit.

Bortles could be very good I think in the right system but Bradley will never set up to play like that. I know a lot of his numbers are garbage time but it still shows what he can do

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
5-7 this fecking season

Fecking Eagles!

The same every fecking year ...starts with great hype and expectation only to be cruelly snatched away!

Still only a few months before the Phillies do exactly the same fecking thing!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
5-7 this fecking season

Fecking Eagles!

The same every fecking year ...starts with great hype and expectation only to be cruelly snatched away!

Shouldn't have any expectations on the Phillies last few seasons anyway, any win they pick up is a nice surprise! But their fight back will start next season mark my words, our transition period and prospects are developing nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Shouldn't have any expectations on the Phillies last few seasons anyway, any win they pick up is a nice surprise! But their fight back will start next season mark my words, our transition period and prospects are developing nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you are right.....I can't take many more seasons of dissapointment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
5-7 this fecking season

Fecking Eagles!

Don't worry you've always got the palace owned 76'ers to fall back on...

..oh wait.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What's happened to Julius Thomas? $46M for a tight end you don't appear to be able to get the ball to and who isn't much of a blocker. Ouch.

He's fat, lazy and always injured. When he actually gets on the field he's a good RedZone threat, but anywhere else on the field he simply won't fight for yards, he just ambles off the side. As you said, he can't block, he also has no pace, doesn't jump and generally looks uninterested, other than that he's worth every dollar of his deal :nono:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He's fat, lazy and always injured. When he actually gets on the field he's a good RedZone threat, but anywhere else on the field he simply won't fight for yards, he just ambles off the side. As you said, he can't block, he also has no pace, doesn't jump and generally looks uninterested, other than that he's worth every dollar of his deal :nono:

Peyton made him look good.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Heisman finalists announced last night - Tbh, you cant see far past Jackson at Louisville this year, hes been immense in most games.

Would've liked to have seen Donnel Pumphrey from SDSU be nominated at least though. Over 2000 yds rushing & 16 TD's this year, now 2nd All Time NCAA rusher behind Ron Dayne (& in front of the likes of Ricky Williams, Tony Dorsett & DeAngelo Williams), & theres only been 3 games this season where he gained less than 100 yds on the ground. OK, hes been in the Mountain West, which isn't exactly the Big10, but hes been outstanding for the Aztecs....not bad for 5' 9, 180lbs!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Heisman finalists announced last night - Tbh, you cant see far past Jackson at Louisville this year, hes been immense in most games.

Would've liked to have seen Donnel Pumphrey from SDSU be nominated at least though. Over 2000 yds rushing & 16 TD's this year, now 2nd All Time NCAA rusher behind Ron Dayne (& in front of the likes of Ricky Williams, Tony Dorsett & DeAngelo Williams), & theres only been 3 games this season where he gained less than 100 yds on the ground. OK, hes been in the Mountain West, which isn't exactly the Big10, but hes been outstanding for the Aztecs....not bad for 5' 9, 180lbs!

I see Leonard Fournette has declared. He could easily have the sort of impact that Eziekel Elliot has had at Dallas behind a decent line.

Jul 7, 2003
Some photos from Jacksonville this weekend. The giant screens that they have put in are very impressive. You can also get a feel for how many Broncos were in the crowd.
IMG_0280.png
IMG_0295.png
IMG_0298.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here