The OFFICIAL 2015 NFL Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Giants set a new record – the only team in NFL history to lose their first two games after blowing double digit leads in the 4th quarter. Gotta love the Yanks and their statistics.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
What a glorious weekend.

My fantasy team scored enough to put me in the top 50 overall this week (so far) and a large part of is was due to the performance of Mr Larry Fitzgerald for the mighty Cardinals. Lovely stuff.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Mmmm. is it? I'm just seeing another fairly easy win for the Tide.

The SEC isn't the powerhouse ESPN market it to be. Its Bama, and one or two others, the rest are just fodder, including Ole Miss.

I do hope I'm wrong though. Would love to see Saben and Bama turned over at home.

Arguably #1 in the nation now. Chad Kelly might be a bit of a twunt but he's the real deal.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Arguably #1 in the nation now. Chad Kelly might be a bit of a twunt but he's the real deal.

Pleasing to see Bama beaten at home, and Ole Miss will certainly fly up the rankings.

I'm still annoyed at USC losing at home to Stanford though. The Cardinal looked woeful in week one at Northwestern, but a totally different team turned up at the Coliseum.

USC Defence just wasn't good enough, the D Line never got near Hogan and he inevitably picked us off.

Gutted. :facepalm:

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Pleasing to see Bama beaten at home, and Ole Miss will certainly fly up the rankings.

I'm still annoyed at USC losing at home to Stanford though. The Cardinal looked woeful in week one at Northwestern, but a totally different team turned up at the Coliseum.

USC Defence just wasn't good enough, the D Line never got near Hogan and he inevitably picked us off.

Gutted. :facepalm:

Damn yeah I really thought it was USC's year to win the Pac-12. Think they will still make the playoff if they win out but they have some tough games on that schedule. Stanford is a really strange one, very strong D but only put up 6 against Northwestern, bizzare.

Really excited about this season, I think it is wide open, even Ohio State looked a bit unconvincing.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Good luck to the two remaining players in the survivor pool! What a mad league the NFL is!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
I purchased my flights tickets and accommodation for Atlanta for the buccs game on November 1st....... Excited is an understatement!!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Me too....constantly have the piss taken out of me by football fan friends saying what a bunch of pussies NFL players are...I'd like to see them have a go without any protection & see how long it is til they beg for a helmet & shoulder pads!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And STILL you get clowns asking why they need to wear pads and helmets :tosser::facepalm:

But Shirley it's only so brutal (and enjoyable) because of the pads and helmets.
Watching the Rugbo at the weekend it was equally brutal just a little more controlled.

I wonder how a padless NFL would look?

Oh and even with all the big hits, my play off the weekend was still the Fillies fella jumping clean over the Cowgirls tackler.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
But Shirley it's only so brutal (and enjoyable) because of the pads and helmets.
Watching the Rugbo at the weekend it was equally brutal just a little more controlled.

I wonder how a padless NFL would look?

No its not.

No one in rugby gets a blind side hit whilst in the air catching a ball from a 250lb man who's got up to full speed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No its not.

No one in rugby gets a blind side hit whilst in the air catching a ball from a 250lb man who's got up to full speed
Yeah sure, sorry I'll have another run at it.

I mean for a sport that's reasonably protection free the rugbo still managed to have big old units reducing other big old units to an imprint on the turf, with some very hefty shoulder lead blows.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yeah sure, sorry I'll have another run at it.

I mean for a sport that's reasonably protection free the rugbo still managed to have big old units reducing other big old units to an imprint on the turf, with some very hefty shoulder lead blows.

For me rugby is an East west sport in that it moves cross field, and players aren't ever really far enough apart to cause hefty damage on contact. It's tough, it's very physical but the impact level is less imo.

American football is north south sport , and players can get up a real head of steam before impact.

Really apart from the fact in both games the ball is carried there really is no correlation between each sport, both totally different.

Going back to your question though, if their were no pads or helmets I reckon players would have to tackle better than they do now and not rely on hits as much, but there would be a lot of blood from gashed heads and a few deaths each month I reckon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For me rugby is an East west sport in that it moves cross field, and players aren't ever really far enough apart to cause hefty damage on contact. It's tough, it's very physical but the impact level is less imo.

American football is north south sport , and players can get up a real head of steam before impact.

Really apart from the fact in both games the ball is carried there really is no correlation between each sport, both totally different.

Going back to your question though, if their were no pads or helmets I reckon players would have to tackle better than they do now and not rely on hits as much, but there would be a lot of blood from gashed heads and a few deaths each month I reckon.
What's not to like!!

I'm going to take 'tackle better' to mean tackle like a rugby player.
Also I'm not so sure you'd hold the same opinion of rugby if the players were dressed like American footballers.
Which is kind of the moot point I'm, clumsily, making. (Sorry I had a tougher than expected ride this morning - no pads)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
What's not to like!!

I'm going to take 'tackle better' to mean tackle like a rugby player.
Also I'm not so sure you'd hold the same opinion of rugby if the players were dressed like American footballers.
Which is kind of the moot point I'm, clumsily, making. (Sorry I had a tougher than expected ride this morning - no pads)

Rugby is slow and dull enough as it is, pad them up and it would grind to a halt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports