Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
To be fair if it had been a National League game as one was given at Torquay v Woking I went to a few weeks ago.
At a championship game at the Amex a linesman flagged for an offside from a throw in the first few minutes, resulting in a quizzical look from the ref and pisstaking from the fans for the rest of the game

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Went to Whitehawk v Lancing last night. Easy home win 4-0. Not wanting to take anything away from the Hawks performance Lancing really weren't very good at all.
I was there for the first time...Anyone know if the pitch has a significant 'Home field advantage' as the 'awks seemed to use the slope really well in both halves...Or were Lancing just rubbish ?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I was there for the first time...Anyone know if the pitch has a significant 'Home field advantage' as the 'awks seemed to use the slope really well in both halves...Or were Lancing just rubbish ?
It seems that teams seem to sus it, as I've never known a ground where the teams switch end after the toss as much as the Enclosed. Whitehawk seem to favour downhill second half, but it doesn't always work, sometimes the better team is playing uphill.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Good day down Arundel today - not a great performance from Shoreham but still unbeaten.

Arundel 1-1 Shoreham.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Worthing lost their 3rd league game in a row to another side vying for a place in the end of season playoffs.
Finished Oxford City 3 Worthing 0, the home side by far the better side and won very comfortably.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Worthing lost their 3rd league game in a row to another side vying for a place in the end of season playoffs.
Finished Oxford City 3 Worthing 0, the home side by far the better side and won very comfortably.
I'll be at Woodside Rd for game v Dulwich Hamlet this evening ... and Hungerford on Saturday. After a few tricky games I'm hoping Worthing can get back on track. Really need the skipper back from his cruise (back after the Hungerford game possibly).

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Back in the U.K. now and living in Hampton , so went to watch a cracking game against Eastbourne , 3-2 to Hampton , once Hampton got used to Eastbourne’s pace and skill , Hampton got back into the game . Few beers and talking to 3 old school Palace c—nts who are planning their Westherspoons trip . They admire our set up and football 😀😀 . Still scum though and bald headed twats . Had my Brighton top on , glad i did to show my colours .

Good game and a few beers of home now !

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I'll be at Woodside Rd for game v Dulwich Hamlet this evening ... and Hungerford on Saturday. After a few tricky games I'm hoping Worthing can get back on track. Really need the skipper back from his cruise (back after the Hungerford game possibly).
Worthing 6 nil , must have been a great night :thumbsup:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The SCFL Premier looking good tonight, Newhaven won 3-0 away V Varndeanians at Withdean Stadium, they won 11-0 at home to Roffey on Saturday when I was watching us lose to Fulham.
Newhaven have now scored a very impressive 100 goals in the league this season, 40 more than the teams just below them.
How can a team be so bad as to lose 11-0 at that standard?! Like an u7s or Dog and Duck v White Lion scoreline where one team rocks up with 9 men

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It certainly was! Back to winning ways! That's 23 goals in 3 games in 8 days at Woodside Road!

Hopefully get a hatful against Hungerford on Saturday!
The sixth goal was an absolute peach, too.

My first game at my new home town team. I think I might go again, as it was great fun.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
How can a team be so bad as to lose 11-0 at that standard?! Like an u7s or Dog and Duck v White Lion scoreline where one team rocks up with 9 men
It’s a long story, but there are many many reasons for Roffey being THAT shit this season.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
The sixth goal was an absolute peach, too.

My first game at my new home town team. I think I might go again, as it was great fun.
Superb goal from Ollie Pearce! What a way to score your 100th goal for your club!

A mate introduced me to Worthing early last season and I've been going whenever I can since. Last night was my 14th game of the season at Woodside Road as matches have fitted in really well with when I'm not seeing Brighton play. Have been to a couple of away games with Worthing too this season. Hungerford next on Saturday.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I work with Alex and went to see him on Saturday at Tonbridge where he got the winner.

Flashscores let me know the game had been abandoned and like you I just assumed it was due to the weather. Was devastated to get in to see on twitter what had happened. Alex is a really lovely down to earth lad and very good at both his day job and a cracking player. He made 30 league appearances for Plymouth before he was released. He is loved at Bath and won their player of the season last year.

If I hear anything through work and it is shareable I will post it here.
I'm pleased to announce that Alex returned to work part time this week. Which shows what a fighter the lad is as we had been told not to expect him back before Easter at the earliest. He's taking it easy at first with a view to going back full time as and when he is ready. Knowing Alex he'll probably want to do it next week.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Crowborough 4-1 Saltdean

Scrappy game. Crowborough raced to a 3 nil lead before half time that probably was more down to how bad Saltdean were at the back rather than how good Crowborough were. Second half was very drab both teams cancelled each other out. Saltdean did get a consolation with about 10 minutes to go but it didn't setup a grandstand finish. Crowborough restored their 3 goal advantage in stoppage time.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Dorking win 3-2 against Torquay, looking like an uphill battle for them now, the squad just isn't good enough. Dreadful refereeing on show in the national league though with a bizarre red card for Torquay. Dorking's away end however is just not fit for purpose in that league, you literally cannot see the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here