[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Eastbourne U vs Midhurst in the senior cup last night was a curious postponement...

The reason the report will will say it was postponed was because midhurst could not field a team caused by an accident on the way to Eastbourne holding players up, the referee refused to delay kick off as the temp was falling and the game would be at risk. When the players did arrive (all be it late) the pitch had begun to freeze which makes you think the game wouldn't have lasted 90 minutes anyway

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Eastbourne U vs Midhurst in the senior cup last night was a curious postponement...

The reason the report will will say it was postponed was because midhurst could not field a team caused by an accident on the way to Eastbourne holding players up, the referee refused to delay kick off as the temp was falling and the game would be at risk. When the players did arrive (all be it late) the pitch had begun to freeze which makes you think the game wouldn't have lasted 90 minutes anyway
I think this game is in the 6th Attempt of being played.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I am in total awe of your 3G!

It’s brilliant. It’s helped transform the club. All teams (around 24) train on it. All teams from u14 play on it. It’s used by the school, Albion in the Community, and Chelsea Foundation (booo). And hired out should slots arise. We could do with another one tbh ............

It costs, including testing. But it means that games (and training) are rarely cancelled. Snow will do it ..........

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
With all this freezing weather I’m starting to wonder about this weekends fixtures - can see a fair few off, but hope I’m wrong.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Hastings United @carlzeiss have you seen this?
I hadn't seen that article so thanks for posting . Was a regular visitor to the Firs during the Stamco days from the County league to the Southern Premier and back to the SCL and then liquidation for the princely sum of £18,000 , if I recall correctly . Sad to see all the good work there done by Leon Shepherdson , local companies and volunteers in ruin .

Looks like the Labour controlled council ( :tosser: ) are content to allow the Elphinstone Road pitches to be developed for Housing without offering alternative facility's suitable for community use . At least they withdrew their planning application to build homes at the Bulverhythe Rec. after discovering that the land was prone to flooding . :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I hadn't seen that article so thanks for posting . Was a regular visitor to the Firs during the Stamco days from the County league to the Southern Premier and back to the SCL and then liquidation for the princely sum of £18,000 , if I recall correctly . Sad to see all the good work there done by Leon Shepherdson , local companies and volunteers in ruin .

Looks like the Labour controlled council ( :tosser: ) are content to allow the Elphinstone Road pitches to be developed for Housing without offering alternative facility's suitable for community use . At least they withdrew their planning application to build homes at the Bulverhythe Rec. after discovering that the land was prone to flooding . :lolol:
I still haven’t been to Hastings United’s ground, I’m going to try and visit this season.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Good luck to Peacehaven, the county’s last representative in the Vase. They travel to Egham tomorrow in a rearranged tie. The winners are away to Cleveden (Bristol way) or some club near Uxbridge whose name escapes me, in the quarters. I haven’t seen a vase match this season and I’m going to Leicester, the quarters are Palace day so I’ll miss that too if it happens. I’ll be in a right dilemma if they get to the final, I don’t want to be a jinx!

Imagine a lot of games in Non-League could fall foul of the frost tomorrow. Chippenham have already got a pitch inspection planned for 8:30am ahead of Worthing's visit, which should mean we'll know before we set off whether it's on or not. Given the forecast is currently showing that temperature over that way won't be higher than 0° until mid-morning, I'm not optimistic.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Imagine a lot of games in Non-League could fall foul of the frost tomorrow. Chippenham have already got a pitch inspection planned for 8:30am ahead of Worthing's visit, which should mean we'll know before we set off whether it's on or not. Given the forecast is currently showing that temperature over that way won't be higher than 0° until mid-morning, I'm not optimistic.
Apparently no pitch inspection planned at VCD Tonight

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Hampton & Richmond Tonbridge Angels has been called off already which I initially thought was a bit premature but just let the dog out in the back garden and it's still rock hard. So I put you right.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think you can safely have a lie in tomorrow morning.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Baltic conditions at VCD Athletic as Corinthian ran out 4-1 winners to make the Isthmian South East Relegation battle a bit more interesting.

94D55F63-521D-4FAE-9686-116A005BFC07.jpeg

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Pitch Inspection galore this morning!
Shoreham v Selsey subject to a 11.30am inspection.

I think you can safely have a lie in tomorrow morning.
You weren't wrong there. Woke up at half 8 and within 20mins the game had been called off.

Keeping an eye on other Sussex NL fixtures to see if anything remotely interesting for me (ie, chance to tick off a new ground) remains on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Baltic conditions at VCD Athletic as Corinthian ran out 4-1 winners to make the Isthmian South East Relegation battle a bit more interesting.

View attachment 156021
A braver man than me standing watching that last night, it was freeeezing! A smart looking ground they have there at Oakwood, somewhere l have yet to visit. impressive looking floodlights too.

VCD Athletic are a team with a lot of history, were formed by the old Vickers armament works l believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports