Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Eastbourne borough lost last night 21 at Oxford city in playoffs just a step to far

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

They had a great season all things considered and few would have predicted sixth place. Hope they kick on from there next season. Seems like a good bunch of players and a likeable, energised manager.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
856F96F2-2ECE-4191-A32B-B9293CA24DD3.jpeg

Tomorrow morning

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Gutted. Brackley lose in play offs at home for third consecutive season. Painful.

Did well vs York city. Their keeper man of the match with one remarkable save and also saving a pen. They scored from their only real chance. Sums up our season. Great effort but once again we didn’t take any of our chances. Frustrating. Hopefully keep most of the side together for next season.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Disappointing match and venue IMO.
Roadrunner above is right what he has said about the match, Littlehampton clearly the better side, very good first goal early in the game.

Apparently Newhaven had 4 first team regulars out due to them being on holiday, I’m guessing they booked their trips well in advance not knowing this final would be rearranged a few times. The Newhaven side that lost to Lancing in the play off game were far stronger.

Horsham FC not a bad stadium but a bit out of the way for both teams supporters, I would imagine most fans came by car, didn’t seem the place that could be reached by any public transport on a Sunday morning. I’m not really a fan of middle of nowhere stadiums.
The bar area was open but the but the actual bar was closed, a kiosk was open selling food, tea etc but this meant a queue in the rain, would have been nice to buy a soft drink from the bar even if they didn’t serve alcohol for this game.

One steward seemed over the top outside the ground telling me I couldn’t bring flares, fireworks or a drum into the stadium, I think he was going to rattle off more items but I stopped him and said I’m not a Littlehampton fan :p he wasn’t impressed FFS (not sure where he thought I was hiding a f****** drum) :dunce:

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Disappointing match and venue IMO.
Roadrunner above is right what he has said about the match, Littlehampton clearly the better side, very good first goal early in the game.

Apparently Newhaven had 4 first team regulars out due to them being on holiday, I’m guessing they booked their trips well in advance not knowing this final would be rearranged a few times. The Newhaven side that lost to Lancing in the play off game were far stronger.

Horsham FC not a bad stadium but a bit out of the way for both teams supporters, I would imagine most fans came by car, didn’t seem the place that could be reached by any public transport on a Sunday morning. I’m not really a fan of middle of nowhere stadiums.
The bar area was open but the but the actual bar was closed, a kiosk was open selling food, tea etc but this meant a queue in the rain, would have been nice to buy a soft drink from the bar even if they didn’t serve alcohol for this game.

One steward seemed over the top outside the ground telling me I couldn’t bring flares, fireworks or a drum into the stadium, I think he was going to rattle off more items but I stopped him and said I’m not a Littlehampton fan :p he wasn’t impressed FFS (not sure where he thought I was hiding a f****** drum) :dunce:

It was a bit of an anticlimax all round, really. Littlehampton also had a couple of first choice players missing because of pre-booked holidays, but the squad is very strong so were able to cope with that.

The hastily arranged 11am Sunday morning kick off at an out of town ground, with the ban on bringing anything into the ground which might have helped create an atmosphere and the bar closure, made for a pretty dull spectacle IMO. I understand that the events at Hassocks spooked the authorities, but this felt like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It was a bit of an anticlimax all round, really. Littlehampton also had a couple of first choice players missing because of pre-booked holidays, but the squad is very strong so were able to cope with that.

The hastily arranged 11am Sunday morning kick off at an out of town ground, with the ban on bringing anything into the ground which might have helped create an atmosphere and the bar closure, made for a pretty dull spectacle IMO. I understand that the events at Hassocks spooked the authorities, but this felt like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

I’m intrigued, what happened in Hassocks?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I’m intrigued, what happened in Hassocks?

General misbehaviour amongst the travelling Littlehampton supporters, basically. Smoke bombs lobbed onto the pitch, fireworks let off at full time (one of which ended up narrowly missing a crowded area) and leaving the place in a bit of a mess afterwards. Nothing that better stewarding wouldn't have avoided, really. In fairness, it had been building up over the past few months, there had been several similar incidents around the county at Littlehampton games. The County League isn't really used to managing the away numbers that Littlehampton have been taking in the second half of this season, Horsham had it well (too much?) under control today.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Littlehampton were deserved winners, but the game might have been closer had Newhaven scored with the shot that hit the post at 2-0. Stewarding was a bit OTT searching pensioners for flares FFS.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Definitely an anticlimax, the rain didn’t really help though, and I suppose if the weather had been nice I imagine more Littlehampton fans would have been together behind the goal, rather than dotted about under various stands trying to keep dry.
Not sure why your fans were not allowed a drum though.

19C2A691-769A-4790-8B6B-77A1CBE95F85.jpeg
Before the game started we stood under the shelter behind the goal in the photo, excellent view of the crossbar :facepalm: big design fault there.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
For reasons of a sundry nature that’ll be of no interest to you I’m sure, I’m strictly away matches only next season and the Crows is one I’m looking forward to

You will of course be very welcome. First team is sponsored by the local butchers so the burgers are good! And they did start getting some interesting beer in again towards the end of the season so hopefully that will continue next season.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Let's hope Pagham's exile in Wessex isn't as long as Crowborough's was in Kent.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You will of course be very welcome. First team is sponsored by the local butchers so the burgers are good! And they did start getting some interesting beer in again towards the end of the season so hopefully that will continue next season.

You will hear him before you see him……:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here