[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Heading to The Saffrons tomorrow night to see if Littlehampton can manage to drag themselves back down to earth for the league game at Eastbourne Town. Going to be a really tricky fixture, I think. The home side have been inconsistent of late, but I expect them to take advantage of any loss of focus by the Marigolds.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us drop points to be honest, which would set up an intriguing end to the SCFL Prem season. Littlehampton in pole position, but have several tough looking games left and are fighting on four fronts. Saltdean have four very winnable fixtures left, so it could go right down to the wire. I'm hoping that Joe Benn might get back on the pitch tomorrow, after being an unused sub against Loughborough.

Well, we at Horsham YMCA go to Saltdean on Saturday week, don't expect us to help out though, we are going through a season of transition, with a new inexperienced manager, and blooding a lot of young players.

Good to hear that the prolific Joe Benn is nearly ready for action again. The thing to consider l suppose is how quickly he can start adding to his 56 goals for the season after such a long injury lay off.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Took a trip up to the Bauvill (Chatham Town's ground) last night to watch Welling Town v Rusthall in a 'Home' game. What a great set up they have up at Chatham Town, great bar and great terraces behind the goal, probably the best stadium I've seen at that level. A 3-0 win for Welling Town with some VERY dodgy refereeing that saw Rusthall go down to 10, after that it was a forgone conclusion. This was the 100th ground I'd been to this season, the 57th new ground and 155th game overall. Not long to go now so trying to get in as many games as possible.

Off to Raynes Park tonight to see them take on AFC Croydon Athletic , before heading over to Big Jet TV land to watch British Airways take on London Samurai Rovers in the combined counties division 1 on Wednesday. Up to the emirates on Saturday, before finishing off the week with a trip to the Kent Senior Cup Final in Maidstone on Sunday. Got 9 games in 7 days the week after so that should hopefully bring me to around 170 games in the season.

Took a trip up to the Bauvill (Chatham Town's ground) last night to watch Welling Town v Rusthall in a 'Home' game. What a great set up they have up at Chatham Town, great bar and great terraces behind the goal, probably the best stadium I've seen at that level. A 3-0 win for Welling Town with some VERY dodgy refereeing that saw Rusthall go down to 10, after that it was a forgone conclusion. This was the 100th ground I'd been to this season, the 57th new ground and 155th game overall. Not long to go now so trying to get in as many games as possible.

Off to Raynes Park tonight to see them take on AFC Croydon Athletic , before heading over to Big Jet TV land to watch British Airways take on London Samurai Rovers in the combined counties division 1 on Wednesday. Up to the emirates on Saturday, before finishing off the week with a trip to the Kent Senior Cup Final in Maidstone on Sunday. Got 9 games in 7 days the week after so that should hopefully bring me to around 170 games in the season.

Yes - the Bauvill is a good venue and there has been strong investment in the facilities as well as the team. Almost certainly will be promoted this season from SCEL.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
The last 2 Worthing home games of the season - Carshalton on 16th April and Brightlingsea on 23rd April - will be all ticket with none available on the turnstiles on the day of the game.

Cracking game tonight at Steyning in the Peter Bentley Challenge Cup semi final.

Finished Newhaven 3 Pagham 3 after 90 minutes with Newhaven winning 5-4 on penalties.

Newhaven will play Littlehampton in the final.

Not sure whether you’re being serious or not Rev? Think
They average around 180-200 excluding cup run this season….
Winning teams always attract, and a higher league might be a struggle. As quickly as they arrive the new fans can disappear. Good turn out last night but earlier in the season no more than 20 at Uckfield. :moo:

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Littlehampton lost 2-1. A frustrating game for The Golds with seemingly every knock, bobble or through ball not quite falling for them on a very poor pitch. They also were trying to force the win and got caught out. ET keeper also had a very good game and they were very quick on the break and attack. Ref was also very inconsistent. Good to see Joe Benn back for a full 90 and getting a well deserved goal. Onto Hassocks on Saturday

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Littlehampton lost 2-1. A frustrating game for The Golds with seemingly every knock, bobble or through ball not quite falling for them on a very poor pitch. They also were trying to force the win and got caught out. ET keeper also had a very good game and they were very quick on the break and attack. Ref was also very inconsistent. Good to see Joe Benn back for a full 90 and getting a well deserved goal. Onto Hassocks on Saturday

I just hope, that all this cup football isn't going to prove to be Littlkehampton's achilles heel in the league. To my mind promotion has to be the priority.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
I just hope, that all this cup football isn't going to prove to be Littlkehampton's achilles heel in the league. To my mind promotion has to be the priority.

Exactly this! LA arguably have the toughest run in out of the title contenders. Hopefully a win on Saturday will settle them

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yes - the Bauvill is a good venue and there has been strong investment in the facilities as well as the team. Almost certainly will be promoted this season from SCEL.

They will be promoted on Saturday as long as they don't lose. Potentially handed the title to Sheppey at the weekend though by scraping a draw whilst Sheppey won 7-1.

Pretty sure I predicted that 1-2 at the start of the season on this thread but you didn't need to be mystic meg to predict that. The are both light years in terms of setup and therefore budget to the other teams in the league. Glebe gave them both a good run but fell away. From a personal point of view Erith & Belvedeer were the best team I've seen this season.

On the subject of Glebe I went there last night to watch Crowborough win 0-1 (2-1 on agg) in the SCEFL league cup semi final. Was backs against the wall for a lot of the game but some courageous defending, a penalty save and a bit of luck saw Crowborough through.

Great big two fingered salute to the FA having a Sussex team in the Kent league final. Would be an even bigger one if we go on and win it. Probably unlikely as it is looking likely the other finalist will be the aforementioned Sheppey with their big budget. They play Sutton Athletic in the second leg of their tie this evening and lead 2-1 from the first leg.

Amazing achievement from the Crows who have cobbled a side of youngsters together who aren't paid a bean.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
According to latest Horsham FC Twitter post a quarter of all tickets have already been sold for the game v Worthing on Easter Monday with tickets unlikely to be sold on the gate.

Thank you but do i get a paper ticket or is it a mobile phone ticket?

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Thank you but do i get a paper ticket or is it a mobile phone ticket?

I have always got a QR code sent to my email address which is scanned at the turnstile.

If that option isn't for you then it might be worth giving them a call - 01403 458854 - and see what they advise. Their office opening hours are advertised as 10am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Worthing 1-0 up

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I have always got a QR code sent to my email address which is scanned at the turnstile.

If that option isn't for you then it might be worth giving them a call - 01403 458854 - and see what they advise. Their office opening hours are advertised as 10am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Do it on the phone it was quick and simple ,they even sent me a memo for the Worthing game a nice touch. Such a great set up too .

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
a 2-0 win for the Mackerel Men and the Isthmian Premier title is secured

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports