[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Certainly not a classic at Woodside this afternoon but Worthing grabbed a narrow win with a scrappy goal on 72 minutes from Callum Kealy proving enough.
Haringey probably deserved a point as they caused us a few problems after settling into the game from 20 minutes onwards.
10 wins from the last 11 games which has proved vital considering the form of Stortford, Hornchurch and Cheshunt over the same period.
On to Bowers and Pitsea next week where hopefully another 3 points will see us promoted.
Battle for the last playoff spot and at the bottom is looking very tight with 4/5 games to go.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Odd game at Lewes. Appeared to be unaware the game had started and went one down straight away. Very little happened and then appeared to again stop playing and went two down. Started showing a bit of intent and turn Razz-Coleman scored a wonderful dribble and finish. Then a great cross was brilliantly volleyed in by Klass. Despite heading into the break with confidence, second half started the same as the first and we forgot to defend and we've 3-2 down. We created lots of chances but took none. I'd settle for losing and being a Lewes fan that putting up with the diving, cynical, anti football that Wingate and Finchley have to watch though
Abysmal defending, bizarre reffing and some of the worst gamesmanship I've seen, all conspired to produce that result.

Highlights were the Wingate striker getting his moobs out and the fact that we didn't have to sit through the same old story at the Amex. And it was a beautiful day to be at the Pan.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Haringey put up a good fight against Worthing with a decent away following. Ultimately the red card proved to be the game changer and Worthing bagged the winner not long after

good crowd considering Brighton were at home at the same time as well as the bumper crowd down the road at Littlehampton (usually when I get the train to Worthing from Angmering theres a few others going to the game but was quiet today)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Brilliant win in arguably the biggest non league game of the season today for Brackley town. National league north the leaders Gateshead came to Brackley. A solid Brackley display earned a hard fought victory thanks to a very well taken penalty (if only Jimmy played for the albion). That means that part-time Brackley town are now level on points with full-time Gateshead and 11 points ahead of full-time fylde and more still ahead of full-time kiddie.

Another clean sheet makes that 22 or 23 this season which is remarkable.

The clubs biggest ever league attendance today with about 1600 people there (about 250 more than previous best I think).

A remarkable achievement to be keeping pace with Gateshead (who played some nice football under former Newcastle defender Mike Williamson)

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Coxhoe 0 5 Shildon reserves attendance 38 ,score should have been double but for Coxhoe's keeper.sadly one of Coxhoe's players suffered a fit as he was substituted. Ambulance attended and took him to hospital. In other news Aldershot's game held up for 23 minutes with a keeper injury . His replacement also stretchered off .

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Absolutely incredible scenes at Littlehampton today. Struggling to find the words to describe what just happened. I rediscovered the Marigolds during Covid and have been following them home and away ever since (when the Albion allowed, and sometimes when they didn't) and what a reward. From crowds of around 100 to sell outs of 3,000 inside a few months, the whole town is abosolutely buzzing. Convincing and thoroughly deserved win today against a technically good side who simply couldn't cope with the passion and intensity of the ocassion. Something special is happening down at The Sportsfield and I am all-in.

FPXed6CXIAQhKeE.jpg

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Absolutely incredible scenes at Littlehampton today. Struggling to find the words to describe what just happened. I rediscovered the Marigolds during Covid and have been following them home and away ever since (when the Albion allowed, and sometimes when they didn't) and what a reward. From crowds of around 100 to sell outs of 3,000 inside a few months, the whole town is abosolutely buzzing. Convincing and thoroughly deserved win today against a technically good side who simply couldn't cope with the passion and intensity of the ocassion. Something special is happening down at The Sportsfield and I am all-in.

View attachment 146592

If they are promoted this season how many you reckon they’ll average next season following this successful spell?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

View attachment 146592

Well done mate! I had a feeling in my water all week that you would win it . . . though not by 4-0!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
If they are promoted this season how many you reckon they’ll average next season following this successful spell?

We'd be in totally unchartered territory, very hard to say. So much would depend on whether they can keep this team together because nothing draws a crowd more than a winning side. The town has a growing population and the Vase run has certainly caught the imagination, so if they can capitalise on the momentum which has been built over the past year or so then there's no reason why they can't be attracting 500 through the gate on a fairly regular basis, I'd suggest.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Well done mate! I had a feeling in my water all week that you would win it . . . though not by 4-0!

The game plan was absolutely perfectly executed. We knew they'd be technically good, so didn't give them a second on the ball and capitalised on what we thought would be their weakness - at set pieces and on the break. They seemed to be a little overawed by the ocassion and had no answer at all. It was, quite literally, men against boys.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The game plan was absolutely perfectly executed. We knew they'd be technically good, so didn't give them a second on the ball and capitalised on what we thought would be their weakness - at set pieces and on the break. They seemed to be a little overawed by the ocassion and had no answer at all. It was, quite literally, men against boys.

Quite literally lambs to the slaughter!

I know from watching Littlehampton home and away against YMCA that they have a physical element, and that obviously came into play yesterday. Home advantage must have helped massively too.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Is the Horsham v Worthing match all ticket??

As i can't see any info on the Worthing site.

Fancy a stop over in Horsham on the Sunday night with the missus but don't want to book the hotel yet.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Heading to The Saffrons tomorrow night to see if Littlehampton can manage to drag themselves back down to earth for the league game at Eastbourne Town. Going to be a really tricky fixture, I think. The home side have been inconsistent of late, but I expect them to take advantage of any loss of focus by the Marigolds.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us drop points to be honest, which would set up an intriguing end to the SCFL Prem season. Littlehampton in pole position, but have several tough looking games left and are fighting on four fronts. Saltdean have four very winnable fixtures left, so it could go right down to the wire. I'm hoping that Joe Benn might get back on the pitch tomorrow, after being an unused sub against Loughborough.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is the Horsham v Worthing match all ticket??

As i can't see any info on the Worthing site.

Fancy a stop over in Horsham on the Sunday night with the missus but don't want to book the hotel yet.

Not all ticket but recommended

[tweet]1511037512814317568[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here