Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The new manager/head coach - acceptable 'performance' ?

Jimmy Grimble

I'm more interested that the performances stay on the front foot, attacking and creating chances. Potter had trouble converting great performances into wins, and I suspect a new manager will too. Obviously 17th or above, but the real criteria is do we retain our identity and intent in our performances rather than points / league position.

This for me. The best thing about Potter is that we went anywhere (bar Man City) and took the game to the opposition in a confident and tactically astute way. How many times were we actually outplayed by the big boys? I genuinely fancied we could get a result every week (yes even in that losing run) because of the way we played.

I’m pretty sure this was a big factor in Bloom appointing Potter. I reckon he - and many of us - were fed up with the way Hughton approached away games and games against the ‘top 6’. I’d be very surprised if Bloom wanted to go back to that. He will be looking to find someone who is capable of setting us up to compete against anyone with clever, positive tactics.

I could just be projecting my own thoughts though!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
It’s the same team regardless of the manager. Our success is down to our Bloom designed system from the academy upwards. Losing Potter etc should make little difference.

As long as Bloom doesn’t appoint another Hyypia. Which is hopefully not very likely given how successful all other appointments have been.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This for me. The best thing about Potter is that we went anywhere (bar Man City) and took the game to the opposition in a confident and tactically astute way. How many times were we actually outplayed by the big boys? I genuinely fancied we could get a result every week (yes even in that losing run) because of the way we played.

I’m pretty sure this was a big factor in Bloom appointing Potter. I reckon he - and many of us - were fed up with the way Hughton approached away games and games against the ‘top 6’. I’d be very surprised if Bloom wanted to go back to that. He will be looking to find someone who is capable of setting us up to compete against anyone with clever, positive tactics.

I could just be projecting my own thoughts though!

I am hoping for this, I also think Potters team of coaches had well defined roles on match days, and I hope whoever comes in either has this support or has it provided for him if he doesn't, I have a suspicion that Bjorn Hamberg was more influential for in match changes of formation than he gets credited for.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I’d be happy for the new guy to settle in to the club and the premier league first and foremost - he is going to make mistakes and we are going to lose matches so mid table I would be more than happy with.

The next season I would hope we push on and get back to a top 10 finish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here