Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'new kit thread' thread

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
new kit store pics

Just read the horrendous thread thought well over the top,then had a look at the shop site.The iron a.e is awful love home and the away top is great until you see the iron on bit up close.I am going to get goalkeeper away cos my little girl loves purple if we all get goalkeeper tops they will soon fix the problem.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Like all three - the iron on jobby is disappointing, but its not a deal-breaker for me.

If the away shirt had a round collar i'd be on it like a shot - never been a big fan of v-necks.

Not our best shirt (11-13 home, FYI) but its a decent effort.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I like the orange one, but am pretty underwhelmed by the blue & red ones. Just think they're a bit dull​.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
MUCH better than last year's. Proper stripes and no tinpot gold trimming.

el-abd-bridcutt229-711495_478x359.jpg

Corr, lush! Where can I buy it? I love it...

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Just read the horrendous thread thought well over the top,then had a look at the shop site.The iron a.e is awful love home and the away top is great until you see the iron on bit up close.I am going to get goalkeeper away cos my little girl loves purple if we all get goalkeeper tops they will soon fix the problem.

No good having goalkeeper tops if we haven't got a goalkeeper to go inside them .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From Paul Barber...

A few points:

• Nike uses plastic iron on-style logos on all its shirts - including Barcelona, Juventus and Man U; the sublimation printing option (as per Errea's last kit) isn't available to any club from Nike

• our sponsor logo is "white blocked" - which emphasises the nature of the logo application - to meet Amex corporate ID guidelines - it's conforming to the corporate ID rules of one of the world's most protected brands!

• if we could have done it a different way we would have - striped shirts are always a challenge for the application of sponsor logos (or numbers) and this is further complicated by a sponsor logo that's blue!

• the size of the white block is determined by Football League regulations and, like most sponsors, Amex require maximum permitted size for their logo; there also has to be a minimum amount of white space around the Amex lettering

• last year's shirt also had a "white block" around the Amex logo - in the sublimation process it meant that the stripes were "broken" in a different way as it was printed in to the shirt design (many fans hated this!). Sometimes you can never win with kit design!

• also, to anticipate another question that's come up, we can't have a blue or white Nike logo because one half of it wouldn't show up against our stripes! So it had to be black (or another contrasting colour)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll be buying the home shirt despite the HORRENDOUS panel on the front. It is at least a bit bespoke, you can't buy it anywhere else. I can live with it.

BUT. There's not a chance in hell I'd buy either the away or third kits. They're so painfully expensive for what they are. Obviously if you go out and buy the teamwear versions and iron on your own albion badge, you are screwing the club out of money. But if they didn't want to be screwed out of money, they shouldn't charge £45 for something you can buy for £14.

Away kit (Nike Striped Division)
View attachment 55764
PRICE: £16.49
http://www.kitking.co.uk/product/nike-striped-division-ss-shirt/13232

The blue and white version of this is really good as well.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
From Paul Barber...

• our sponsor logo is "white blocked" - which emphasises the nature of the logo application - to meet Amex corporate ID guidelines - it's conforming to the corporate ID rules of one of the world's most protected brands!

Suuuuuuuuuure. Like this:

American-Express-logo.jpg

• the size of the white block is determined by Football League regulations and, like most sponsors, Amex require maximum permitted size for their logo; there also has to be a minimum amount of white space around the Amex lettering

Only if it's on a block. QPR got around this...

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
My only concern is whether the players modelling the kit can stay with us a bit longer than last year's models.

That and the sweaty red rash I'll end up with. :blush:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I dislike striped or hooped fronted shirts with plain backs. Reading's have always looked terrible. Of course you need to read the numbers, but there are other ways to do it, as we've proved in the past.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I dislike striped or hooped fronted shirts with plain backs. Reading's have always looked terrible. Of course you need to read the numbers, but there are other ways to do it, as we've proved in the past.

I prefer a plain panel, as per the new away shirt, or even as per the Peter Ward era Albion kits, to a completely plain back. Either way, I'll take a plain back over last year's number identification issue any day.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is there an English translation available?

He's not happy with the kits, suggesting we all buy the goalkeeper in some kind of weird protest. Not quite sure what that achieves. I assume the keeper one is the same price?!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Kits are kits, not sure what the fuss is about. My only minor gripe is the iron-on sponsorship, but that is really because we were spoilt with the Skint designs. Tbh, we knew at the time, that we were being exceptionally classy having a sponsorship built into the shirt design rather than being slapped across the front. You just would have thought that Nike would be able to do something that we had over a decade ago on our shirts. The AE logo would lend itself to it so naturally on the home shirt.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Think it wouldn't look nearly as bad if the white on the sponsor panel was the same shade as the stripes. At the moment there is such a contrast it looks like the sponsor panel is designed to be peeled off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here