Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'new kit thread' thread

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I think i've seen you repeat the line I made several times now, so it's time to respond to it.

What criteria would you set to determine whether a shirt is successful or not? I can't think of too many beyond:

- How many does it sell to fans.
- How much money does the kit / deal with the kit provider make the club.

I'm taking it as a given that the kit does all players need it to do, as I assume all modern kit will. That said, I've already heard that the Albion squad are delighted with their training kit, saying it is more comfortable and a better fit than their previous Errea stuff.

I'm sure you realise that, as someone who has as much involvement in shirts past and present as you do, you're judging from a completely different viewpoint from nearly all other fans. I showed it to my daughter who immediately said something like "Nike - excellent! When can we get it?" and that's exactly the reaction that the club want - sending thousands of little club ambassadors out across Sussex proudly bedecked in their new Nike Albion kit.

If that's the case, why is the shirt direct sale only? Surely with the level of contact and support that Nike can offer, putting the Albion shirts into the sports shops of the far flung parts of the county wouldn't have been beyond reason? I wouldn't want massive rails of discounted product in Sports Direct, but to give the independent stores a chance to stock something of (perceived) genuine quality, and give your quote above the chance to actually happen. I'd be really interested in the reasoning to not allow external sales of the shirt from the club at some point. Might email PB about it...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Does anyone know if there will be a girls pink version as with the errea kit?
My daughters loved those shirts.

Also I'm very tempted to by the orange one direct from Nike and add the Albion crest myself.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Well I like all 3 kits and the keeper ones too. Not perfect, but a vast improvement on last seasons' and a welcome return to blue shorts and socks. If it makes BHA kits cooler with the kids and sells shed loads (as seems the case) then it's all good. Debating the finer points of design is fine, but it is a football shirt at the end of the day, not something you're going to get married in (unless you really are a nerd).

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well I like all 3 kits and the keeper ones too. Not perfect, but a vast improvement on last seasons' and a welcome return to blue shorts and socks. If it makes BHA kits cooler with the kids and sells shed loads (as seems the case) then it's all good. Debating the finer points of design is fine, but it is a football shirt at the end of the day, not something you're going to get married in (unless you really are a nerd).

I agree. It's just a pity then that a part of that target market (those under 6) wont have kits in stock until autumn

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Further to my earlier post about our colours being blue and white, we should wear our blue and white kit at ALL away matches where there is not a clash. It should ALWAYS ALWAYS be our first choice kit.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Wonder how many clubs would love to have such a massive brand such as American Express sponsoring the stadium and the kit.
The last sponsor that came close to this was British Caledonian

TSB had 1,000 branches & 7 million customers
British Caledonian had a couple of dozen planes

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Further to my earlier post about our colours being blue and white, we should wear our blue and white kit at ALL away matches where there is not a clash. It should ALWAYS ALWAYS be our first choice kit.

Pretty certain clubs are supposed to wear they home kit on travels unless there is a colour clash.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sometimes we have worn the away kit when there wasn't a clash - Bristol City springs to mind but there have been other occasions.
This might be for logistical reasons if there are two games in quick succession.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Is the kit available without the iron-on plastic Amex label?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Orange is definitely Sunday league, away is off the teamwear peg. Home is a miss mash, sleeves from last years Everton shirt, body from the teamwear Inter shirt, collar from the Hoop template, looks ok but the sleeves are grim, and the sponsor logo is a shocker. I really thought it would look so much better despite the template derived design.

I agree with how they've designed it. However, I'm not too bothered by it. If parents want to pay £x for it and the average fan has no qualms about it then so be it. It's money for the club.

what a kit that was

the 11/13 kit was by far my favourite. The tone of the blue, perfect, the subtle hint of gold on the collar and sleeves and it just looked smart...

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
After seeing it up close today, the kit does look better than in the pictures.
I will buy an XL one when on sale or XXL if my Guinness intake remains the same:drink:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
After seeing it up close today, the kit does look better than in the pictures.
I will buy an XL one when on sale or XXL if my Guinness intake remains the same:drink:

To be fair having watched the high quality footage via sky on the lewes game it looks better worn and played in (if that makes sense) than on the pics on the website.

I thought it did look better, much better, except when the players had their backs to us, then it just simply wasn't Brighton, combined with the blue shorts and socks it looked so blue, no hint of white.

In addition, Lewes were wearing our new away kit (their home kit) and that really did look 'lower league', especially from the back, not a good look at all.

All,in all, the home kit, not too shabby in the main, the away kit, save your money, shoddy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here