Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The new away ('Volt' yellow) and third ('Crimson' red) shirts

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm pretty sure (and I could be mistaken), that there was a thread around the time people were complaining, about a team that had a shirt that had their sponsor printed, and the thread was on the lines of "see it can be done". I think it was a German or French lower league team. Perhaps [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] can shed some light?

Fair enough. Even Juventus have a panel.

Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 12.13.49.png

Regardless, if we go for a plain coloured shirt, it permits individual letters to be stuck rather than a panel, and that would get rid of about 95% of the complaints.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Just as an interesting side-point. Nike actually did a totally bespoke away kit for Dynamo Dresden who are in the third tier of the German league. So we can still hold out some hope at least!

dresden14-1.jpg

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Is there an away kit from olden days that we could replicate? You know, in the days when shorts were long, balls were hard, and having facial hair wasn't a cool fad.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Ok stop everything.

Mr. Barber, if you're reading this. THIS is the away kit that every customer deserves for next year.

Lille's current away kit :drool:......

Capture.PNG

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Is there an away kit from olden days that we could replicate? You know, in the days when shorts were long, balls were hard, and having facial hair wasn't a cool fad.

I agree the old all yellow kit from the Bukta days or the Green away kit from back in the day.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
AsI've said before - purple and black stripes, although I would settle for yellow and red instead :thumbsup:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If they want to sell a bucket load then I reckon the Nike Challenge Teamwear Kit is the way to go, as styled by WhingForPresident.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not especially inspired by any of those Nike templates, although the Challenge in black would look quite nice.
Will probably end up with the plain Energy III though....

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I take it you were talking about the footballs. :D

Oh yes, hadn't realised my wording - taken straight out of a Carry On film! Yes, the football - however I imagine the men were harder (as in 'tougher', just to clear up any more mis-understandings!) than nowadays...

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
It will be stuck and not printed because that's all Nike do.

It makes a big difference, however, if individual letters can be stuck on instead of an ugly patch, as is the case with the training kit for example.

20140730-093459-6296_420x315_w.jpg

yeh i loved that kit until i got it, then i realised they bloody SEWED on the crest and did a terrible job on it - the chafing on that thing is ludicrous - the one time id actually prefer a stick-on job

in terms of the away kit, it will be a catalogue job, so as long as they dont pick one of the obvious pub team templates i dont mind. just keep it a simple solid colour with a round neck and it would be fine by me

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The reason for that is the red ad black just look awful and the orange is available on E bay etc at 1/3rd of the price.

Indeed as pointed out by most of us on here at the time, but somehow a point completely missed by the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here