Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The mystery of the penis poster man of Lewes Village

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When they catch him he should be bloody well hung.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Maybe he just wanted to tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Jo -

One Lewes officer worker said the graphic posters have appeared several times over the past fortnight.

Writing on North Stand Chat as Mendoza, he said: "This may not be unusual in Brighton, but for Lewes it will probably mean armageddon."

Happy to help.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Awesome, this will make the tabloids too, except they won't print the word penis, instead it will be "p***s" or "w***y", for fear of offending their delicately minded readers, once they've got past the "t**s" on Page 3.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Cops in shocks over Xeroxed rocks.
Or something in that vein.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Do you think the Argus actually gets any news by themselves ?

I think you misunderstand how newspapers work. All local newspapers will have a reporter covering local police stations for anything interesting (and a story about a bloke photographing his penis would certainly be interesting).

There does seem to be this strange notion that Argus reporters hang around NSC waiting to pick up stories. Local newspaper reporters work long hours for little money and certainly don't spend their time surfing the web. As for this particular story, it would certainly have been on the Argus's radar well before it hit NSC.

Of course, it's possible that NSC will break a story - a good journalist will follow any potential source, but it won't happen as often as you think.

If you want to read another opinion of local journalists, read the blog of a former colleague of mine who had to cope with the trauma of his young nephew dying and the attention of the press

My nephew Jamie Bray died. I had to deal with the press | Chris Wheal

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
i dont really know how to use it. I only started using it "properly" last week, despite joining a while back. Im doing it all from my phone

You need to unclick "Protect my Tweets" in settings

Jo Wadsworth

Editor, Brighton and Hove News
Apr 30, 2009
Brighton
I think you misunderstand how newspapers work. All local newspapers will have a reporter covering local police stations for anything interesting (and a story about a bloke photographing his penis would certainly be interesting).

There does seem to be this strange notion that Argus reporters hang around NSC waiting to pick up stories. Local newspaper reporters work long hours for little money and certainly don't spend their time surfing the web. As for this particular story, it would certainly have been on the Argus's radar well before it hit NSC.

Of course, it's possible that NSC will break a story - a good journalist will follow any potential source, but it won't happen as often as you think.

If you want to read another opinion of local journalists, read the blog of a former colleague of mine who had to cope with the trauma of his young nephew dying and the attention of the press

My nephew Jamie Bray died. I had to deal with the press | Chris Wheal

actually, to be fair, I was alerted to this story on Twitter by someone who linked to this thread. So yes, in this case, we did get the story from NSC (although if you're being *really* pedantic, we got it from PA who got it from NSC before we managed to put the call in - I imagine they will have got it from Twitter too).

Gwylan's right in that we don't spend all our time hanging round NSC, but I do dip in occasionally. Not talking to people on the internet to get stories would be like refusing to use the telephone - madness! And I make sure whenever I know a story has come from another online source that it gets the credit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here