Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most pissed you have ever been at a Brighton match

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Port Vale away - championship winning party. Whole day is pretty hazy but do remember my mates confiscating the stick out of my flag as I was becoming a liability with it and also ending up head first in the row of seats in front after ww scored.

Same here, I don't recall very much of the match. We got a train from Brighton at about 7am and my brother's mate got on at Hassocks with a crate of Stella, that was finished by the time we got to London.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Brentford away about 12 odd years ago , on the train back from Victoria the next stop was supposed to be East Croydon as we were going to get off and have a drink there but it made an unscheduled stop at Selhurst and I got out and fell onto the gravel as the platform was obviously shorter , bit dangerous really as I got back by climbing on the wheels .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Orient away for Russell Slade's first ever game. Turned up late, had to beg the stewards to let one of our mates in and then the fun really started when we tried to identify who was playing for us. I think there was Tommy Fraser and AEA and the rest were all loanees I'd never heard of, didn't recognise and frankly, didn't give a shit about. Another of my mates was so pissed he got confused and started celebrating Orient getting a penalty. I went on a walkabout around that big stand they always give us, lost my mates and ended up in the Gun Inn around Liverpool Street picking fights with plastic Man U fans. I did try to arrange to meet up with friends but apparently I couldn't give an exact location for where I was. My mates said that all I could confirm was that I was in a newsagents and they sold Mars bars.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Two which spring to mind

The Withdean game when they gave away free champagne, we kept walking between the different places they were giving it away downing it and getting another until they ran out. That was in addition to the usual 5 pints in the pub pre match.

and the other was Grimsby away when we got relegated from the championship. Drinking in a mini bus all the way up there then into some dodgy ex servicemans club place and more drinking and I seem to recall they were serving beer in the stand as well. Slaughtered by kick off. I remember going mental at the grimsby player gesticulating that we were going down. (Michael Keane?)

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Villa away in the cup few years back. I remember going absolutely potty for Elphick's equalizer, then I slumped down in my seat and fell asleep. The fell out of the cab as I got back to Birmingham New Street.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Newcastle 1979 so pissed when we scored playing in yellow and seeing Newcastle in identical Bukta kit but black and white , thought we went one down and was most annoyed . didn't help throwing up on the concourse too ! 17 and my first experience of Newcastle Exhibition ale

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Southampton home at The Amex when we beat them 3-0. Got the train home considerably inebriated, fell asleep on said train and subsequently woke up in Portsmouth

Whilst on the subject of falling asleep on the train after watching the albion, last season I did the same thing on the Brighton to London. Trouble was when I woke up the Brighton to London train was by then the London to Brighton.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Southampton home at The Amex when we beat them 3-0. Got the train home considerably inebriated, fell asleep on said train and subsequently woke up in Portsmouth

Whilst on the subject of falling asleep on the train after watching the albion, last season I did the same thing on the Brighton to London. Trouble was when I woke up the Brighton to London train was by then the London to Brighton.

Woken up in Bedford by the station staff earlier this season around 12.30, no trains south till 6am, and someone else had already bagged the phone box to sleep in.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Possibly the game in Le Havre , drinking all night on the ferry , then a few hours kip then started again about 8am , drinking all through the day and evening then went clubbing . Chucked out of the club then walked but couldn't find my hotel so I slept in a car which I found open .

Woke up not too bad but started to walk to the ferry then I could see it sailing away , forgot to put my watch forward 1 hour :facepalm: fortunately my cousin took my luggage from the hotel and left my passport at the customs desk . What a trip :lolol:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Possibly the game in Le Havre , drinking all night on the ferry , then a few hours kip then started again about 8am , drinking all through the day and evening then went clubbing . Chucked out of the club then walked but couldn't find my hotel so I slept in a car which I found open .

Woke up not too bad but started to walk to the ferry then I could see it sailing away , forgot to put my watch forward 1 hour :facepalm: fortunately my cousin took my luggage from the hotel and left my passport at the customs desk . What a trip :lolol:

I walked back with you to the hotel and left you outside while i went to get food,god knows's where you went walkabout:lolol::lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

lightweight

i did the
Brighton to London
London to Brighton
Brighton to London

woke up and couldnt understand where about 5 or 6 hours had gone.

oh well i had a decent kip.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I recall GUPPY getting completely wasted at Plymouth, and being even more obnoxious than usual, and as a consequence he was ejected from the ground. He stumbled back to the station, got on a train without checking the destination, fell asleep and ended up at Penzance, which is as close to Lands End as you can get.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm a bit hazy on this for obvious reasons, but in the early 80's I was not able to get to go to football at the Goldstone due to being married with a young family and a big mortgage. So, I would go local and support Worthing at Woodside from time to time. They were a good team about that time and matches were often high scoring and quite exciting.

One year they made it to the Sussex Senior Cup semis against Brighton and the match was due to be staged at The Goldstone although I think I recall only the West Stand was open. Having had a thin time of football and beer to economy costs I rather went for it like a dog eating a bag of hot chips, I was comfortably pissed but not a mess but I learned a valuable lesson in life. Worthing beat Brighton That day 3-1 but I missed all three Worthing goals, including a 25 yard thunderbolt (allegedely) as I was in the toilets having a leak.:ffsparr:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
how pissed do you have to be to stick one of them old 80's Brighton ski hats on you head just as you walk past a pub with about 200 Mackums standing outside? :lolol: I can still rememeber that copper's quote to this day though "Teek dat stooped 'at off an git een the grooond yah suvven baastaad or eel fookin nick yer"

Haha I have never heard that part of the story before! When drinking in Sunderland if you go to the game hammered you will only be the same as all the home fans.

Worst for me at a Brighton match was a Friday night game a few years ago cannot remember which and me and a mate had been doing Jager bombs to try and wake up after having a heavy week at work!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here