Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Most 'Infamous' Person You Have Met ?

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
blimey mate,
thats one of the main reasons we are moving, they are the vilest people I have come across and I will drive over that bridge and never look back, in consequence I now have a very slighted view of the Welsh which as the time has gone on does not get any better and never likely to either
today he is using his Karcher washer thats perfectly OK but he has an air lock in his water pipe which is the same supply as ours it sounds like Gene Kruper gone mad and when at night their washing machine is on it sounds even worse breaking the silence while watching a late night film
council have been told but feel it is not worth dealing with and trying to speak to them(neighbours) gets a welsh language tirade of what I can only assume is abuse
and worst still two weeks ago racial abuse of my wife(who is part Indian) and she called up the police they were warned (and I had the feeling that that policeman had been there before) on a similar call but not from us
I could go on and on ad infinitum

Bloomin' Heck! That does sound infuriating, you have my sympathies. I spent 3.5 years in the Rhondda valley in my formative years and certainly met some crazy 'characters' and suffered a bit of abuse, but I also met enough honest souls to have a fond memory of the place.

Godspeed you and your Missus.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Last edited:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I used to deliver Sir Lawrence Oliviers newspapers got a £20 tip every xmas which was a lot of dosh in 75.

Vinny from Durutti Column - met a couple of times and had a drink with him a couple of times

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bloomin' Heck! That does sound infuriating, you have my sympathies. I spent 3.5 years in the Rhondda valley in my formative years and certainly met some crazy 'characters' and suffered a bit of abuse, but I also met enough honest souls to have a fond memory of the place.

Godspeed you and your Missus.

thanks mate

and you are right they are not all bad

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I used to stop for a cuppa at an old dears house in the middle of Ashdown forest, she was a relative of the Redgrave family so met various luvvies there.(Her son in law was Roger Lloyd Pack so sat and had a natter with him a few times) She often told me of various characters that had stayed with her in the past ,one of them being the spy Kim Philby before his defection. The one infamous person that I actually did meet there was Carole Richardson , one of the Guildford 4, who having just been released from prison was hiding from the press there. The old dear took me to one side & asked me not to mention anything about the bombings,I agreed not to but did say that if she left her handbag under the table I'll be off. Thinking back I should of informed the press - I'm sure I would've got a nice little backhander but was more concerned with my daily tea stop at the time!

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Gary Glitter

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I repaired the telephone line at a well known bank robber's house. He was scary.
I also repaired the line at a "safe house" where some shady blokes were "looking after" a shadier one. I asked one of them "who's this feller then" and was told in no uncertain terms to ask no more questions and not to talk about it to other people.
I've also sat as one of a bench of three and decided whether or not to give bail to a murderer (subsequently found guilty). We didn't.

And to follow on a theme, I also mended Lord Olivier's phone line and can confirm his tea making prowess. He was a genuinely nice bloke.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'd have to go with James_McCann.

Pushed him into a swimming pool when I was 10.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Once walked past Barry Hearn outside the Brighton Centre after the darts. Was going to say something to him but then noticed they large gentlemen he was with.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
met the man several times once when I was a prison officer at the Scrubbs (while I was in the prison service I met many infamous characters)a lot of which I would have no problem having a pint with(lots of there but for the grace of God ect)and rather some of them than the scanky neighbours we have.
outside that time of my life while I was apprentice to what I would consider one of the best electricians I have known we done some work at Sir Lawence Olivier's house in Royal Crescent the man had what you would call charisma super guy and made a mean cuppa.

as the 2nd best electrician around, i did some work at 'roys' (one of pat butchers husbands) penthouse flat in worthing. lovely bloke, wouldnt tell me who shot phil mitchell tho, (was back in those days)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I hesitate to mention his name but.......David Bellotti.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here