Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lucas Effect. Green Voting-Both Nationally And Locally

Green Voter Intentions-National v Local

• Brighton Pavilion Constituent: Voting Lucas Nationally And Green Locally

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Brighton Pavilion Constituent: Voting Lucas Nationally And Split Vote Locally

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Brighton Pavilion Constituent: Voting Lucas Nationally BUT NOT Green Locally

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Other Local Constituent: Would Vote Lucas Nationally And Green Locally

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other Local Constituent: Would Vote Lucas Nationally And Split Vote Locally

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Other Local Constituent: Would Vote Lucas Nationally BUT NOT Green Locally

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
The greatest indication of them being a lunatic party is the ridiculous 20mph speed limit on virtually all roads coming off of the A23.

My children can now walk to school safely and cycle to the Amex. Death rates have really reduced.

For me as a resident of Brighton, I care so much more about that than you from mid Sussex taking a little bit longer.

I'm not smug nor middle classed and you are out of touch!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Look around the big posh houses in Preston Park, say Beaconsfield Villas or Havelock Road. it's wall-to-wall Greens with a smattering of Labour. Not a single Tory or UKIP poster to be seen anywhere, nor the fifth-placed Lib Dem party ha-ha. These are not student votes. These are smug DFL middle-class voters with big houses and big salaries and greenery outside their front doors who can't be bribed with a thruppence tax saving and/or a pledge to beat the shit out of immigrants. They're all right Jack.

The folks who have hung a massive Tory banner across their double fronted property on Beaconsfiled Villas will take umbridge at that!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I know far less about politics ,as I know a lot about football butt have a diverse opinion which many dont agree but that doesnt hinder my actual knowledge. As regards politics I dont know hardly anything but am still entitled to cast a vote even with very limited knowledge. What I do know is I have personally always been better off under a Tory government and hope that it continues.

And that's what counts after all.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The folks who have hung a massive Tory banner across their double fronted property on Beaconsfiled Villas will take umbridge at that!

We all know where you live now :lol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My children can now walk to school safely and cycle to the Amex. Death rates have really reduced.

For me as a resident of Brighton, I care so much more about that than you from mid Sussex taking a little bit longer.

Actually there is no proper scientific evidence that they have. Go and ask the council for the exact pre-20mph zone data on accidents, injuries and deaths attributed to speed - they can't give it. Likewise they refuse to give the current data since the introduction of the zones. All you've seen is Green sound bites - ask them for the independent data to back up their claims.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Sorry Caroline don't agree as it is only the greens who come up with these stats

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Actually there is no proper scientific evidence that they have. Go and ask the council for the exact pre-20mph zone data on accidents, injuries and deaths attributed to speed - they can't give it. Likewise they refuse to give the current data since the introduction of the zones. All you've seen is Green sound bites - ask them for the independent data to back up their claims.

Have you ever tried cycling on the A27 from Brighton to Falmer before and after the works? Especially with children?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have you ever tried cycling on the A27 from Brighton to Falmer before and after the works? Especially with children?

No, but then I was challenging you on your death rate claim, not if you now FELT safer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My children can now walk to school safely

Mine still can't. In Portslade, with its two Labour council members, the crossing everyone has to use across Church Road to get to the school they go to, that was worked so hard for by Peter Kyle (Labour candidate for Hove) seems to be being delayed by the Green led council playing silly beggars. Not really the actions of a progressive party that believes in social justice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here