Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Loan Deadline Day thread

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'm almost certain the striker we're most keen on is Wilson, Hughton was extremely coy when asked directly about him and Dick Towell at today's press conference.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm almost certain the striker we're most keen on is Wilson, Hughton was extremely coy when asked directly about him and Dick Towell at today's press conference.

We've been keen on him for a while. He'd probably be here already if Man Utd hadn't been hit with several injuries to their attacking players.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
James Vaughan signed by Birmingham and straight into their side to face us on Saturday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've been keen on him for a while. He'd probably be here already if Man Utd hadn't been hit with several injuries to their attacking players.

Exactly. The club showed we looked after Lingard a couple of seasons ago, so United would have been happy for Wilson to come to us. It's just bad luck that they had injuries.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Not going to happen is it? Bit disappointing really, Hemed and Zamora are very similar and if one of them gets injured we'll have to give Manu a go. However, if there's no one decent available there's no point signing them for the sake of it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Were domed

conehead1-300x300.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I really really think what happens in the next 58 minutes will go a long way to deciding whether we're playing Championship or Premier League matches next season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
James Vaughan signed by Birmingham and straight into their side to face us on Saturday.

Chris knows what James Vaughan brings to the table. He got shot of him from Norwich. He is a very good player but he is loopy dooooooooo

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not going to happen is it? Bit disappointing really, Hemed and Zamora are very similar and if one of them gets injured we'll have to give Manu a go. However, if there's no one decent available there's no point signing them for the sake of it.

As someone else has already said, if we can't sign a decent loan player when we're near the top of the Championship we're unlikely ever to be able to.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have a worrying feeling that were there anything about to happen, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] would have his embargoed press release ready to go , and would have already dropped a couple of hints.

Concerned of Worthing

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Awaiting the Naylor tweet in 20 minutes saying 'No incomings'. Think the club have made a big cock up here. Striker was a must for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here