Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Loan Deadline Day thread

D

Deleted User X18H

Quite harsh I'd say. He does genuinely have a job writing for a local paper about the Albion, or have I been taken in by an elaborate ruse, as wide ranging as the Illuminati?

No sir . You are quite right.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A good transfer day.

Does the lack of a left back signing mean that Bong is recovering quicker than anticipated ? ???

7 further weeks until he's back according to initial estimates.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A good transfer day.

Does the lack of a left back signing mean that Bong is recovering quicker than anticipated ? ???

7 further weeks until he's back according to initial estimates.

I would think that the signings suggest LR will play left back and Van La Parre offer an alternative to March on the right of midfield. with Crofts being used defensively if required, especially away.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So this James Wilson...
He's obviously a fantastic prospect, destined for bigger things than us, maybe a future Utd regular, but what's he like right now?

Is he at the level of our other strikers, competing for a place, or is he already far better than that, and likely to be our first choice striker every game?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would think that the signings suggest LR will play left back and Van La Parre offer an alternative to March on the right of midfield. with Crofts being used defensively if required, especially away.

If Rosenior gets injured then it's Calderon or Chicksen for left back, not good.

Maybe Bong will be back sooner than we thought ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So this James Wilson...
He's obviously a fantastic prospect, destined for bigger things than us, maybe a future Utd regular, but what's he like right now?

Is he at the level of our other strikers, competing for a place, or is he already far better than that, and likely to be our first choice striker every game?

Think he'll be straight in, in the Baldock role, with BZ and Tomer sharing 90 mins between them. Quick, fast feet and prepared to run at players, eye for goal. Probably already better than Baldock, and ahead of where Tex and Lingard were when they came to us IMHO. One or two lumbering championship defenders will struggle to contain him. I hope.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
at right

If Rosenior gets injured then it's Calderon or Chicksen for left back, not good.

Maybe Bong will be back sooner than we thought ???
Can this chap training with us from Vancouver Whitecaps play for the first team if good enough, I dont think that he can. The other option is Bruno at left back and Goldson at right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think he'll be straight in, in the Baldock role, with BZ and Tomer sharing 90 mins between them. Quick, fast feet and prepared to run at players, eye for goal. Probably already better than Baldock, and ahead of where Tex and Lingard were when they came to us IMHO. One or two lumbering championship defenders will struggle to contain him. I hope.

Wonder how Halford will cope with him running at him, we shall see on Saturday.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Can this chap training with us from Vancouver Whitecaps play for the first team if good enough, I dont think that he can. The other option is Bruno at left back and Goldson at right.
No he can't, he may be eligible to play for the under 21s but don't think he will feature for them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here