Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Loan Deadline Day thread

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm no beekeeper but this thread isn't exactly a hive of activity.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The only good news so far is the club have not come out and said nothing will happen today.

So I assume we are still working on a couple.....

There is also the good news that at the moment the club haven't thrown (as in the Burke era) thousands away signing any feckin useless bench warmers.
Would love us to sign a quality goal scorer .... but who's available ?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Very quiet, really disappojnted nothing has happened for us. Really worrying if we pick up anny more injuries to strikers in the time between now and the new year. All the great work so far could be undone. Here's still hoping....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Very quiet, really disappojnted nothing has happened for us. Really worrying if we pick up anny more injuries to strikers in the time between now and the new year. All the great work so far could be undone. Here's still hoping....

We have a few hours left.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Sorry can't say !!

Never disappoints.

Attention Seekers

The emotionally immature person has low levels of self-esteem and self-confidence and consequently feels insecure; to counter these feelings of insecurity they will spend a large proportion of their lives creating situations in which they become the centre of attention. It may be that the need for attention is inversely proportional to emotional maturity, therefore anyone indulging in attention-seeking behaviours is telling you how emotionally immature they are.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Wouldn't normally be too concerned, but given our fantastic unbeaten run, increase in interest and some tough games against fellow promotion contenders, it would be hugley disappointing ( don't want to say typical of the Albion) a si thought we had got over the issues of recruitent. Having said that i remain really poisitve about the rest of the season, and perhaps the quaility we want is not avaialble. Lets hope the recruitment guys have their main targets signed sealed and deliverd on Jan 1st not Jan 31st.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would hope CH is working on loans and not playing golf or doing interviews for the radio. Our season could and probably will fall apart if we do not sign somebody who can score goals during this last couple of hours of the loan window. This amazes me why could a deal not have been done before to day and just left it to be signed and registered today. Was it MA that said fail to prepare is to prepare to fail.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would hope CH is working on loans and not playing golf or doing interviews for the radio. Our season could and probably will fall apart if we do not sign somebody who can score goals during this last couple of hours of the loan window. This amazes me why could a deal not have been done before to day and just left it to be signed and registered today. Was it MA that said fail to prepare is to prepare to fail.

It was about 10 minutes, by telephone, late Wednesday night. Doubt it will have impacted dealings one way or the other and it was great PR for the club. The over-dramatising of things in your post 'amazes' me to be honest. Check the league table, we're not doing so bad with what we've got, and our recruitment in the last few months has been exemplary. I know your annoyed that they haven't signed Ashley Cole or any of your other suggestions - maybe Chris hasn't had the time to read your emails due to playing golf or doing interviews.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Birmingham looking to sign James Vaughan on loan from Huddersfield. Always thought he was pretty decent tbh.

Great player. Nightmare of a bloke to deal with. Probably why he gets moved on all the time and managers always pretend he is injured so that they can recoup their transfer fee

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is so obvious that Stevie Wonder could see it that we desperately need a striker to score goals without which our good unbeaten will mean nothing. As regards Ashley Cole or any left back bringing one in, even Zeki Fryers of Palace, would enable LR to play right midfield in the next few away games, thus making us more difficult to beat. Derby have a very strong midfield. probably the best in the division. It is no good having a good attacking formation if there is nobody to put the ball in the net. So our season could be determined by the games from now to Christmas. Not trying to be dramatic just realistic.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It was the insinuation that the recruitment team are just sat twiddling their thumbs though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here