[Music] The Live Music thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The more I reflect on this missed gig the more sulky I become. I feel sorry for anyone who has to have any dealings with me today. It's not right that life should interfere with gig going. Should be a law aganst it.

If you can make your way to Germany I now have a spare for Mr Pink on Tuesday.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
If you can make your way to Germany I now have a spare for Mr Pink on Tuesday.

I appreciate the very kind offer but am hoping to be in Reading that night. I look forward to another review though so I can continue my self indulgent wallow in the kingdom of sulk. Cheers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I appreciate the very kind offer but am hoping to be in Reading that night. I look forward to another review though so I can continue my self indulgent wallow in the kingdom of sulk. Cheers.

No worries. Sulking is good. Remember to do the "there! Is! nothing! wrong! I! Am! fine!" if anyone asks.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
After they brought Day One to a fantastic close last month, we are putting AK/DK on at The Green Door Sore again, with a host of Icelandic talent in support. 25 March. £5 - not for profit, all proceeds to bands playing.

http://www.brightonnoise.co.uk/listing/?p=101976

Love these guys. Here's Maxwell's Waves for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVMDc3Wz_ig

For anyone who has not seen AK/DK they are well worth the investment and at just £5 it looks like being a bargain evening. They are also playing as part of The Great Escape.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Muse are playing the Dome on 23rd March. Tickets on general sale tomorrow morning. Doubt there will be much of a rush for tickets.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Muse are playing the Dome on 23rd March. Tickets on general sale tomorrow morning. Doubt there will be much of a rush for tickets.

Probably all go to fan club fans. At least that will keep the touts away.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Never seen them & not particularly a fan but am intrigued as they have a v strong live rep don't they? £37.50 + fees...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Tickets so far for-
Courtney Barnett
Adam Ant
Joanna Gruesome
The Lovely Eggs
The Great Escape
Sleaford Mods
British Sea Power
Brakes
Cinerama
Edge Of The Sea

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Lined up at mo:

Sleater-Kinney
Dylan Moran
Ghostpoet
Adam Ant
Public Service Broadcasting
British Sea Power

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got back from a highly amusing and enjoyable Ariel Pink. Tomorrow it's Caribou.

And tonight was the first gig of the year I cycled to; spring has arrived.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Just got back from a highly amusing and enjoyable Ariel Pink. Tomorrow it's Caribou.

And tonight was the first gig of the year I cycled to; spring has arrived.

Pray elaborate re Mr Pink if you would be so kind. My sulk is beginning to lift and needs a re-boot. Ta.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Never seen them & not particularly a fan but am intrigued as they have a v strong live rep don't they? £37.50 + fees...

They are excellent live. These are just a few warm up shows to play their new album before the big festival shows in the summer. I'm hoping to see them locally in Manchester Academy which is much smaller than the Dome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports