Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Sufjan Stevens tickets flying out the door in the Dome members pre-sale. Centre stalls nearly all gone.

FFS. Despite your prompt I missed Sufjan Dome tix. Wrongly thought general sale was Friday. In the unlikely event that anyone has any spares I am your man. FFS.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fun afternoon yesterday with my first open-air party of the season. Sunshine techno from Sebastian Voigt and the welcome addition of craft beer onto the scene.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In other, less important news, Luna at The Old Market and Arthur Brown at the Komedia should be worth a look.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sometimes routine is wonderful: yet again Motörhead are playing the venue over the road from my favourite restaurant (burger and craft beer shack) and it's a weekend (Friday) date. I'll be giving The Bird a call.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
It's a Friday: make a weekend of it. :O you know you want to.

I do indeed know I want to, but between me, my wife, three children, babysitters and other commitments, I just can't make it work. Probably just as well it'll sell out soon. If someone arranges an indie pop quiz with a disco, I'd move heaven and earth though. Why haven't you put your name down on the Easter Bunny CD thread? You'd LOVE it...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I do indeed know I want to, but between me, my wife, three children, babysitters and other commitments, I just can't make it work. Probably just as well it'll sell out soon. If someone arranges an indie pop quiz with a disco, I'd move heaven and earth though. Why haven't you put your name down on the Easter Bunny CD thread? You'd LOVE it...

Not sure how old your kids are but took my daughter to her first live band when she was just twelve. ( It was Kid Carpet who I knew would keep her entertained). It's the sort of evening you could bring the family.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Fair enough - if it was in your neck of the woods I'd struggle too. Tis a pity tho.

Must say I have been tempted to join in the CD malarkey and follow each with interest but it's not for me just at the mo. Besides, I recall how I agonised over C90 complilations all those years ago and am not sure I could put myself through it all again...sitting around listening and re-listening to music I loved to select the right artists then tracks to then face daunting track order decisions only for the (usually female) recipient to effectively say 'meh'! Actually it sounds quite good when put like that...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here