Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How were the Meteors, they are playing Brighton Tattoo festival in Feb

Ah yes, that was some time ago now. It was good fun, I stood at the side towards the back (of a Concorde2 sized room) so I could watch the crowd as well as the band. They only played for an hour which surprised me but maybe any longer would have ended with wrecking casualties :smile: I liked the singer's attitude, and the huge drummer is from Germany which got a few mentions. I think he said the bassist is as well. I'm a big Stones fan and they knocked off a Stones cover, think it was Paint It Black but memory is failing me. The crowd was friendly and very well dressed....and some very hot looking girls; I'm safe as the wife said the same :wink:

A good night. I liked the Delta Bombers track you posted.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mikal Cronin has just announced a Berlin date.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So the normally dead loss month of Jan was pretty good as it goes. What's the future looking like?

White Fence -31st Jan (if I can get a ticket, this one is proving tough)
Naomi Punk - 2 Feb
Viet Cong - 8 Feb
Richard Dawson - 13 Feb
Ex Hex - 15 Feb
Nisennenmondai - 18 Feb
BRNS - 20 Feb
Jesus and Mary Chain - 23 Feb

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Feb looking a bit thin for me

Matthew the Oxx - Latest bar 4 Feb
Brighton Noise do - Green Door Store 7 Feb
Bleeding Hearts Club - Rialto 16 Feb
Xerath - Barfly Camden 27 Feb

Also have The Flying Dutchman and Magic Flute at Covent Garden in Feb. Am on the look out for one or two more things to go to.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So the normally dead loss month of Jan was pretty good as it goes. What's the future looking like?

White Fence -31st Jan (if I can get a ticket, this one is proving tough)
Naomi Punk - 2 Feb
Viet Cong - 8 Feb
Richard Dawson - 13 Feb
Ex Hex - 15 Feb
Nisennenmondai - 18 Feb
BRNS - 20 Feb
Jesus and Mary Chain - 23 Feb

White Fence is tomorrow - the 30th, not Saturday, SHC.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Brighton Noise do - Green Door Store 7 Feb

Nice one!

Might I suggest you give Nisennenmondai a listen? I can't see any world in which they aren't going to be frighteningly good live. All girl live instrument three piece who exist in a place where kraut meets techno. Their last 2 albums Radio Tokyo and N are a real treat for those that can handle a bit of repetition.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nice one!

Might I suggest you give Nisennenmondai a listen? I can't see any world in which they aren't going to be frighteningly good live. All girl live instrument three piece who exist in a place where kraut meets techno. Their last 2 albums Radio Tokyo and N are a real treat for those that can handle a bit of repetition.

Not strictly speaking my thing, but I too think that would be pretty good live. Once they have got you jumping I'll doubt you'll be able to stop. I'm in.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Okay, I'm a little (!) pissed, so I won't go on...

White Fence tonight were just brilliant. Much more 'up' than I expected, after listening to the album, and they enjoyed it as much as I (we) did.

The support, Ultimate Painting, were also most enjoyable...but White Fence...I will remember that for quite some time. And I'm sure that Cate Le Bon was in his band, on guitar and backing vocals.

Really great gig.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

White Fence tonight were just brilliant. Much more 'up' than I expected, after listening to the album, and they enjoyed it as much as I (we) did.

The support, Ultimate Painting, were also most enjoyable...but White Fence...I will remember that for quite some time. And I'm sure that Cate Le Bon was in his band, on guitar and backing vocals.

Really great gig.

Excellent. The Frau has shown me your photos on the Facebook machine as well. It's my turn next week; I'm looking forward to it.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

Really great gig.
Yep, definitely Cate!

Thought White Fence were superb. They could have kept playing "Wolf Gets Red Faced" all night and I would've been content.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I love this thread but now feel a bit pissed off that I missed that Fence gig, plus Ultimate P and their Mazes-y inflections.

Can't remember if I mentioned that Waxahatchee is playing Bleach in June. Also booked British Sea Power at the Round'ouse and that slightly bizarre Charlatans date in Wurving.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I love this thread but now feel a bit pissed off that I missed that Fence gig, plus Ultimate P and their Mazes-y inflections.

Can't remember if I mentioned that Waxahatchee is playing Bleach in June. Also booked British Sea Power at the Round'ouse and that slightly bizarre Charlatans date in Wurving.

It's the Charlatans support - Grumbling Fur that interests me but looks like its sold out.

Green Man

Dec 22, 2014
BN2

Indeed. Preferring to recall last night rather than dwell on today's result - great start to my live music year, I love their messed-up, slightly chaotic angle on that Sixties sound.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Just heading back from King Creosote at Shoreham. Didn't expect a full band so pleasantly suprised. Good night, decent banter, crowd a bit passive. Encored with 'Forever and Ever' & The Aliens' 'Happy'. Nice touches both. Hophead on draught a bonus.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Just heading back from King Creosote at Shoreham. Didn't expect a full band so pleasantly suprised. Good night, decent banter, crowd a bit passive. Encored with 'Forever and Ever' & The Aliens' 'Happy'. Nice touches both. Hophead on draught a bonus.

He was brilliant as usual...I'm glad you thought the crowd a bit passive, I thought it was just me that got the impression he was struggling when usually his banter a part of the gig

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Yeah - enjoyed it. Highlight for me was 'Carry on Dancing' followed by 'Not One Bit Ashamed'. Had a quick chat with band post gig - decent folk. God knows how they make it work with seven of them and £15 entry - not that I'm complaining & nor are they as it would alpear to be all about the music. Refreshing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here