Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Enjoyed The Wedding Present weekender with yesterday having the strongest line up. Art Brut I have seen before but had forgotten how entertaining they can be with Eddie Argos going some DJ ing and hosting the Bingo. Emma Pollock played an acoustic set and managed a great version of WP classic Dalliance at the end. Looking forward to the day when The WP play straight sets rather than 'albums in their entirety' as they have been doing this for several years now and its getting slightly predictable.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Did the 2 day freebie 2-3-4 festival at Green Door Store over the weekend. The two major highlights were one after the other on Sunday. Spit Shake Sisters a local garage rock outfit in the same veing as Ty Segall or Thee Oh Sees and Warm Brains a loud London 4 piece post-punk/ shoegaze band.

Anyone with tickets for Black Lips tonight - get down there as early as you can. My favourite local live outfit Sealings have been added to an already strong bill, that featured Theo Verney and Spit Shake Sisters

Sealings - https://soundcloud.com/#too-pure-singles-club/hey-bernice
Spit Shake Sisters - https://soundcloud.com/#teencreeps/spit-shake-sisters-jesus-was-a
Theo Verney - https://soundcloud.com/#hate-hate-hate-records/theo-verney-heavy-sunn-1

Anyone catch Stephen Malkmus and Mazes last night?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Apologies for the second ticket offer in as many posts, but I've got an adult ticket for Bestival if anyone's interested. Paid £195 plus booking fees but open to offers, would prefer it to be enjoyed. I'll give 10% of the proceeds to the REMF if I sell on here.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Apologies for the second ticket offer in as many posts, but I've got an adult ticket for Bestival if anyone's interested. Paid £195 plus booking fees but open to offers, would prefer it to be enjoyed. I'll give 10% of the proceeds to the REMF if I sell on here.

My first year of not going for sometime. On balance, still my favourite festival, this is money well spent!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Was planning to get to this but unlike you youngsters I can't manage three nights of gigging in a row!

I heard on the grapevine that Mazes were excellent. I really like their new track "Salford." A freind of mine who's heard their new record says it's a perfect combination of the first two records, which sounds very promising indeed.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Black Lips at the Concorde was ace last night. They seem to only do shows that range between good and outstanding, one of the most reliable live bands out there.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Balls to that. Cloud Nothings announced for Sticky Mike's. They will blow the roof off that place (hence I won't be going!). Crap venue aside (surprised they didn't get Haunt or even Concorde), they are great live.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just got back from Thee Oh Sees and my ears are RINGING. It's incredible the noise just three people can make. Great band, great venue and great crowd.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Balls to that. Cloud Nothings announced for Sticky Mike's. They will blow the roof off that place (hence I won't be going!). Crap venue aside (surprised they didn't get Haunt or even Concorde), they are great live.

Really? I've missed them more times than I care to mention - hopefully I can make this one.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
tickets acquired for Echo and The Bunnymen, Throwing Muses and The Phantom Band.

not bad, not bad at all.

and whilst it's not live music I've got Steve Mason and Richard Norris as the DJs in the pub where I work tonight (and I'm not working :) ). Which isn't bad going.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Got plenty of gigging coming up, festival season is pretty much done now.

Ravioli Me Away Tuesday 02-Sep Albert
Esben and The Witch/ Sealing Thursday 04-Sep Oslo, Hackney
Sweet Williams Friday 05-Sep Cowley Club
Esben and The Witch Monday 08-Sep Resident
Steve Elston/ Ingrid Plum Tuesday 09-Sep Green Door Store
Dingus Khan Saturday 13-Sep Fitzherberts
Outer church Sunday 14-Sep Green Door Store
Playlounge Tuesday 16-Sep Green Door Store
Mazes Sunday 21-Sep Bleach
The Fall Thursday 25-Sep Concorde
Honeyblood Saturday 27-Sep Hope
Goat Wednesday 01-Oct Concorde
Phantom Band Thursday 02-Oct The Haunt
Future of The Left Monday 06-Oct The Haunt
Eagulls Friday 17-Oct Green Door Store
Arabot Saturday 18-Oct Bleach
Amazing Snakeheads Monday 22-Oct The Haunt
Sleaford Mods Saturday 25-Oct The Haunt
The Pop Group Sunday 26-Oct Islington Assembly Hall
White Lung Tuesday 04-Nov Green Door Store
Tamikrest Friday 07-Nov Concorde
Ben Frost Monday 10-Nov The Haunt
Libido Sound Machine Wednesday 12-Nov Concorde
Merchandise Thursday 27-Nov The Hope
Silver Apples Saturday 06-Dec Westhill Hall
Godflesh Tuesday 09-Dec The Haunt

I'm tired looking at that.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Not eveyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed Mammothfest at the Green Door this weekend. Two days of metal mayhem clearly put on for love not money. If you are of the extreme metal persuasion I cannot recommend it highly enough, it should be repeated next year.

As for what is coming up, Lucky Jim and Matthew the Oxx at the greys on thursday, Steven James Adams on saturday and Kate Bush in three weeks if she is still up to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here