Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Turin Brakes tickets bagged for the Fleece in Bristol in October.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Who was at War on Drugs last night? Any good?

Tune-Yards this evening, ESG or Housewives tomorrow (haven't made my mind up yet), Keel Her on Saturday and Blank Realm on Monday.

Loads of other good gigs this weekend, soooooo are we out or watching Glasto on the sofa?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
John Grant, but that's about it. As Glastonbury seems to be mentioning the eternally awful Kasabian every 5 minutes I think I'll give it a miss this year. Football is football.

Jul 7, 2003
Turin Brakes tickets bagged for the Fleece in Bristol in October.

They are playing St Paul's in Worthing later in the year. Strange venue but has some interesting bookings.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Tune-Yards was excellent last night. A few moments off the new album fell a little flat but even as the venues get bigger she's still a very impressive performer.

Anyone at ESG tonight? Should be brilliant.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
soooooo are we out or watching Glasto on the sofa?

Look at this. I mean, just look at it:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03nj0hg/broadcasts/upcoming

Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Paolo Nutini, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, etc etc. How is this any different to a Radio 1 Roadshow? The answer is: Glastonbury is totally different to a Radio 1 Roadshow, but you probably wouldn't know it if you stuck to the BBC coverage. I really hope that the Red Button will give us complete access to the whole range, not just the Radio 1 and 2 stuff, and that we won't just get one token Mogwai song from Les Revenants soundtrack, plus Kids by MGMT. We'll see. I'm already imagining an improptu Ed Sheeran acoustic session, with the BBC lot whooping on their bales of straw and throwing words such as "incredible" and "amazing" into the night sky, attempting to convey an epiphanic sense of intense joy after a Band of Skulls set. Please prove me wrong BBC...

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Look at this. I mean, just look at it:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03nj0hg/broadcasts/upcoming

Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Paolo Nutini, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, etc etc. How is this any different to a Radio 1 Roadshow? The answer is: Glastonbury is totally different to a Radio 1 Roadshow, but you probably wouldn't know it if you stuck to the BBC coverage. I really hope that the Red Button will give us complete access to the whole range, not just the Radio 1 and 2 stuff, and that we won't just get one token Mogwai song from Les Revenants soundtrack, plus Kids by MGMT. We'll see. I'm already imagining an improptu Ed Sheeran acoustic session, with the BBC lot whooping on their bales of straw and throwing words such as "incredible" and "amazing" into the night sky, attempting to convey an epiphanic sense of intense joy after a Band of Skulls set. Please prove me wrong BBC...

They show West Holts and Park Stage online (6 stages in all) as well, plug the laptop into the TV and stereo and take your pick, they are shown pretty much live.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?291747-Live-Music-2014/page16&p=6422029#post6422029

I don't bother with the programming - utter shite for reasons too numerous to mention.

For instance this evening I'll catch - War On Drugs, Elbow, Arcade Fire, De La Soul, Interpol, Blondie, Parquet Courts, Four Tet, Wild Beasts, Sun Ra, Tune Yards, Jurassic 5, M.I.A.

Seems pretty comprehensive to me.

Though obvs not as good as the real thing.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
They show West Holts and Park Stage online (6 stages in all) as well, plug the laptop into the TV and stereo and take your pick, they are shown pretty much live.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?291747-Live-Music-2014/page16&p=6422029#post6422029

I don't bother with the programming - utter shite for reasons too numerous to mention.

For instance this evening I'll catch - War On Drugs, Elbow, Arcade Fire, De La Soul, Interpol, Blondie, Parquet Courts, Four Tet, Wild Beasts, Sun Ra, Tune Yards, Jurassic 5, M.I.A.

Seems pretty comprehensive to me.

Though obvs not as good as the real thing.

Thanks - I'll do that, but I still think it would be nice for the programming to be a bit less mainstream. Especially as the internet connection where I am isn't brilliant. Still, suppose it doesn't matter too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here