Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was due to be Motörhead at the Hammersmith Odeon tomorrow night :down: might have to give NSTH a loud airing over a couple of Lemmys.

Next up, Skunk Anansie next Friday at the Kentish Town Forum.

I've just purchased NSTH on vinyl. A truly great album and fantastic for fast paced long distance running if you have this and Ramones Its Alive back-2-back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think Brighton's venues are in a bad place at the mo, with GDS, Bleach, Hope, Patterns, Albert, Komedia & C2 pretty much keeping everyone entertained. There's the Haunt obvs too should you have to go there.

What we're actually missing is a good classical venue where smaller artists can play in beautiful acoustics. I want the entire Erased Tapes catalogue to happily come to Brighton, along with the Symphonia crew. There's **** all for them here at the moment.

I believe that is exactly what has just happened with the old Rosehill Tavern.

We got some good community spaces though - Coachwerks, Cowley Club, Westhill Hall, Hanover Community Centre. It's not something Brighton really lacks imo.

Fair points. A number of these venues have come to the fore since I left. When I departed a few were being shut down but on reflection it seems quite healthy now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've just purchased NSTH on vinyl. A truly great album and fantastic for fast paced long distance running if you have this and Ramones Its Alive back-2-back.

Was playing it just the other day, though the vinyl version is a bit cumbersome for running with!

051b7fa195a2b06f75c80660d8001e8b.jpg

The deluxe version on CD has a couple of extra tracks on it too.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Fair points. A number of these venues have come to the fore since I left. When I departed a few were being shut down but on reflection it seems quite healthy now.

I think we could do with something better between the Concorde and the Dome size and the Brighton Centre is just a poor joke at the expense of music fans.

I think we are pretty well served as far as venues that hold 5/600 or less go.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Shame Girld Band have cancelled. I am really enjoying Fiction Aisle at the moment and fancy them on the new line up. Plus they are local.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
What's the new line up? Fiction aisle are a little different from Girl Band!

No idea but its become a charity thing so guessing local bands. Keeping my ticket for the moment and wait and see.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thanks for making me look at the Primavera line up, jealous. Maybe I'll go next year when Glastonbury isn't a thing and I can convince friends Barcelona is the place to be.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
I would recommend Savages @ Bexhill, Bill Ryder Jones @ Green Door, Icicle Works @ Komedia and Monochrome Set @ Hope & Ruin.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Shame Girld Band have cancelled. I am really enjoying Fiction Aisle at the moment and fancy them on the new line up. Plus they are local.

I'll eat my hat if one of the other bands isn't Abattoir Blues, I reckon the other will be a London band.

Traams are a worthy headliner imo. Still think it'll be a good night and good on Be Nothing for trying to raise some money for charity from it.

Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I would recommend Savages @ Bexhill, Bill Ryder Jones @ Green Door, Icicle Works @ Komedia and Monochrome Set @ Hope & Ruin.

Saw Monochrome set at Green Door Store and got ticket for Hope and Ruin. Would also strongly recommend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kraftwerk have just announced a series of Katalog shows at the Bilbao Guggenheim. Kraftwerk in a Gehry.....

Going to try and tick off Techno Pop and The Mix taking me to 7/8.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Was playing it just the other day, though the vinyl version is a bit cumbersome for running with!

051b7fa195a2b06f75c80660d8001e8b.jpg

The deluxe version on CD has a couple of extra tracks on it too.
Is a classic. Many happy memories of tormenting my parents with this little gem. I torment the kids and partner with it these days 😈

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Beach House play DLW Mon 13 June.
Television play DLW Tues 14 June.
The prospect of staying overnight in Bexhill is a worry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here